ZChronicNebula

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

As you know it’s going to be a really frustrating process in the beginning. If you have an IR spot why not just leave zboogie there for the first 2-3 weeks or so. I don’t think we see any good lines until he starts getting 25 per. 

Well I have Bembry and Augustin right now. I'm sure (hoping atleast) Cousins will produce more than these guys even with low minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will be much better ROS than Kanter though, right? I'm tied for first now in a 12-teamer so trying to make a move here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, reverb said:

He will be much better ROS than Kanter though, right? I'm tied for first now in a 12-teamer so trying to make a move here.

 

Nobody knows.  Your guess is as good as anyone else’s. Boogie has zero idea I am sure how he plays this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he'll be a solid mid-rounder. While the Warriors are of course focused entirely on the playoffs, it's still a contract year for Boogie, and as Kerr mentioned in an interview earlier this year, they're looking at Boogie to give them a boost for the playoffs, while he's looking for them to put him in a good position for his next contract, with no intention of staying on beyond this year. Expect there to be at least a few 'showcase' kind of games leading up to the playoffs for Boogie. But don't think he'll play B2Bs at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chud12 said:

 

Nobody knows.  Your guess is as good as anyone else’s. Boogie has zero idea I am sure how he plays this year. 

 

Totally agreed.  DMC is gonna be an absolutely huge question mark basically because there are so many variables to his play.  Rest days, recovering from serious injury and surgery, acclimation to a new team, acclimation to NBA game mode, and so on.  Factor in also that Boogie's game already had holes.  Efficiency questions means that he'll hurt your %s and TOs, and better teammates (three of whom need to score) obviously means he wouldn't have gotten the same huge statlines even if he weren't coming back from an injury that ends many players' careers.  At least he won't have enough time to get 16 techs.  I wonder if he, Dray, and KD have a bet to see who gets there fastest, haha.

 

You're also comparing him to Kanter...who is a question mark himself.  He's not gonna be on the Knicks, but which team needs him?  If he gets traded to Sac, how will he slot in to the stacked frontcourt minutes, given they'd move KK and Z-Bo for him, who barely played?  And if they slide and miss the playoffs, he wouldn't get minutes over Giles, Bagley and WCS, I'd imagine.  Lastly, while he is gold for %s, boards and points, he's also a big who rarely offers anything else, so in a league where fantasy Cs shoot treys and block shots, those are holes in his game too.

 

TLDR; impossible to compare the two in terms of stable value.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MWon said:

 

Totally agreed.  DMC is gonna be an absolutely huge question mark basically because there are so many variables to his play.  Rest days, recovering from serious injury and surgery, acclimation to a new team, acclimation to NBA game mode, and so on.  Factor in also that Boogie's game already had holes.  Efficiency questions means that he'll hurt your %s and TOs, and better teammates (three of whom need to score) obviously means he wouldn't have gotten the same huge statlines even if he weren't coming back from an injury that ends many players' careers.  At least he won't have enough time to get 16 techs.  I wonder if he, Dray, and KD have a bet to see who gets there fastest, haha.

 

You're also comparing him to Kanter...who is a question mark himself.  He's not gonna be on the Knicks, but which team needs him?  If he gets traded to Sac, how will he slot in to the stacked frontcourt minutes, given they'd move KK and Z-Bo for him, who barely played?  And if they slide and miss the playoffs, he wouldn't get minutes over Giles, Bagley and WCS, I'd imagine.  Lastly, while he is gold for %s, boards and points, he's also a big who rarely offers anything else, so in a league where fantasy Cs shoot treys and block shots, those are holes in his game too.

 

TLDR; impossible to compare the two in terms of stable value.

One thing people aren't talking about re: Kanter is that the Kings might in turn trade WCS. There were rumors earlier in the season and Kanter could make WCS expendable if the team feels ready to move on from WCS and onto Bagley next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, claptondecheeks said:

One thing people aren't talking about re: Kanter is that the Kings might in turn trade WCS. There were rumors earlier in the season and Kanter could make WCS expendable if the team feels ready to move on from WCS and onto Bagley next season.

 

I'm probably digressing from the original topic of DMC, but Kanter+Bagley as a frontcourt means spacing and particularly defense are gonna be huge holes for the Kings.  Also hoping that there's a third team involved there, since the Knicks would be wise to develop their rookies in Mitch/Kornet rather than slow things down with WCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MWon said:

 

I'm probably digressing from the original topic of DMC, but Kanter+Bagley as a frontcourt means spacing and particularly defense are gonna be huge holes for the Kings.  Also hoping that there's a third team involved there, since the Knicks would be wise to develop their rookies in Mitch/Kornet rather than slow things down with WCS.

you're right, this'll be my last non-Cousins post, but I meant WCS would go to a 3rd team. Although, WCS is a good piece, is young, and is only making a manageable $6.5mil next year. Also, he'll be an expiring contract next year, so no harm no foul if they keep him and Kanter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MWon said:

 

Hell, if he gets that, I'd be more than happy, esp since 10 boards with Dray/KD seems iffy.  Then again, you're not mentioning all the DNPs he'll rack up, not to mention him playing about 10-12 minutes a night for a while.

that's what my one month buffer is for haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy could be a boom or bust and being on the outside looking in, i think i gotta take this risk lol how many games you guys think hell need to return to nba game shape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdotb said:

This guy could be a boom or bust and being on the outside looking in, i think i gotta take this risk lol how many games you guys think hell need to return to nba game shape

 

Could be one, could be none. It’s really hard to tell at this point given it’s an Achilles injury. The most recent example of a player recovering from it was Rudy Gay and he was a pain to own last year.

 

Granted, this is Boogie we’re talking about and he’s a different beast than Gay but a reasonable expectation for him is to produce around 40-75% of his career output. Never mind the fact that he will be brought back slowly, have to integrate with his new team, but also play hard for a big contract next year. Lots of variables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to help ascertain his trade value; was able to deal Boogie for Ibaka today.  Almost got somebody to send me Horford but they backed out. 

 

$100, standard 12-cat H2H league.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 80version said:

Just to help ascertain his trade value; was able to deal Boogie for Ibaka today.  Almost got somebody to send me Horford but they backed out. 

 

$100, standard 12-cat H2H league.  

I was able to get Zach Lavine for him today.  The doomsday article today about Zach getting shut down help me push him in the right direction.

 

Reason I posted was to confirm, both Ibaka and Zack are in mid 50's for 9-cat value right now.  That seems to be the sweet spot to buy or sell DMC.

 

Edited by Elcamino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think i'd take Ibaka for DMC - would take LaVine if not for health concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is going to be real interesting to see how this plays out.  I did not scoop him up, but I am definitely rooting for him. Even though Dominique is really the only guy that didn't diminish greatly the first year after the achilles tear, I think Boogie will be useful.  Of course he won't be 100%.  He may never be.  Of course he won't play any back to backs this year.  Anyone expecting him to be what he was will be sadly disappointed. 

 

But he has a chance to make some noise towards the end of the year, so if you have someone that is not useful to drop, why not take the risk?  Plus fantasy is supposed to be fun.  It is going to be fun to have him on your team and see how he does. He will be the 4th scoring option on offense.  No pressure to be the man or to be what he was.  They don't need that from him.  All he needs to do is rebound and give them the spacing that they have never had from all of their other centers (beyond when they play Draymond at center).  He is going to get those easy baskets their other centers would get at times.  On the block, even diminished he is better than any other center they had on post ups.  He was not always an efficient player and this injury doesn't help with that, but I think he has a chance to actually be more efficient because he is playing with 4 other all-stars (something he never had) and defensive attention will not be all on him.

 

I think expecting him to be what Elton Brand or Rudy Gay became their first year after is a fair comparison.   That would be my expectations for him this year.

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DeMarcus Cousins remains on track to make his season debut on Friday vs. the Clippers.

Cousins is expected to start in his first game back, which will shift Kevon Looney back to the second unit, and Jordan Bell could drop from the rotation entirely once Boogie is fully up to speed. Cousins will likely be dealing with a minutes limit early on, and he might not play in any back-to-back sets this season, but he's close enough that he should be owned everywhere at this point.
 
Here we go! He might stay on my IR for a week until his minutes go up but should get back into it by playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 11:29 AM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

It is going to be real interesting to see how this plays out.  I did not scoop him up, but I am definitely rooting for him. Even though Dominique is really the only guy that didn't diminish greatly the first year after the achilles tear, I think Boogie will be useful.  Of course he won't be 100%.  He may never be.  Of course he won't play any back to backs this year.  Anyone expecting him to be what he was will be sadly disappointed. 

 

But he has a chance to make some noise towards the end of the year, so if you have someone that is not useful to drop, why not take the risk?  Plus fantasy is supposed to be fun.  It is going to be fun to have him on your team and see how he does. He will be the 4th scoring option on offense.  No pressure to be the man or to be what he was.  They don't need that from him.  All he needs to do is rebound and give them the spacing that they have never had from all of their other centers (beyond when they play Draymond at center).  He is going to get those easy baskets their other centers would get at times.  On the block, even diminished he is better than any other center they had on post ups.  He was not always an efficient player and this injury doesn't help with that, but I think he has a chance to actually be more efficient because he is playing with 4 other all-stars (something he never had) and defensive attention will not be all on him.

 

I think expecting him to be what Elton Brand or Rudy Gay became their first year after is a fair comparison.   That would be my expectations for him this year.

I think the most fun part will be watching him play and then watching my friend who drafted Porzingis right after still talking about scrimmages, acting like he's the smart one for the playoffs, and then watching the Knicks tank and Porzingis never getting activated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the reason im high on boogie is because of how open he'll be. they cant leave him like they do with looney because of his ability to stretch the floor. he'll also be against single coverage with the ball because of all the talent around him. If they do double i think hes a good enough passer to rack up 3-4 assists a game.

Edited by jdotb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't own him anywhere, but I can't wait for him to come back. He's one of my favorite players and I hope he does well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.