ZChronicNebula

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

27 minutes ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

he's gonna pull a Dominique Wilkins and comeback better than he was before.

With this offense, how could he not... Compared to the one man show he ran in sactown

• Like 1

Friday Boogie is almost like Christmas eve waiting to unwrap a present, albeit I expect a bicycle instead of a motorbike.  Setting expectations to about 12 min, 6pts, 2 rebs, 1 stock for the next week.  My guess for ROS game numbers to be 26 min,  14pts, 8 rebs,  3 asts, 1.5 stock, 1.5 trey, 45%/75%/33%

2 hours ago, Russianog said:

With this offense, how could he not... Compared to the one man show he ran in sactown

How could he not?  Well, his minutes and usage will be significantly down from any point in his career and he will be the 4th option joining a core group that has already won 3 championships without him.

Plus there's the whole big man coming back from one of the most devastating injuries in the sport thing.

But yeah, how could he not comeback better than before...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I think the most fun part will be watching him play and then watching my friend who drafted Porzingis right after still talking about scrimmages, acting like he's the smart one for the playoffs, and then watching the Knicks tank and Porzingis never getting activated

Yup, lol. No way Porz plays this season. Knicks are in the Zion sweepstakes - it makes zero sense for them to play Porz.

Next year Knicks, if they get Zion, could include Porz, Zion + 1-2 max players. That's a nice core to build around long term.

26 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Friday Boogie is almost like Christmas eve waiting to unwrap a present, albeit I expect a bicycle instead of a motorbike.  Setting expectations to about 12 min, 6pts, 2 rebs, 1 stock for the next week.  My guess for ROS game numbers to be 26 min,  14pts, 8 rebs,  3 asts, 1.5 stock, 1.5 trey, 45%/75%/33%

He's a chubby center coming back from an Achilles injury, not an athletic guard.  Those numbers aren't showing up this regular season is my guess.

Edited by Griff X

2 hours ago, Griff X said:

He's a chubby center coming back from an Achilles injury, not an athletic guard.  Those numbers aren't showing up this regular season is my guess.

If anything I'd be more worried about an athletic guard coming back from an injury like this than Cousins. An athletic guard relies on speed/explosiveness to produce, whereas Cousins relies more on skill and size. He doesn't need to be able to beat someone off the dribble, he'll be more than capable of shooting, passing, and backing down

Do you guys think Boogie's return severely decreases Looney's 22 minutes per game? Other options are that it strongly impacts Jerebko's (20 mpg) and pushes Bell (11 mpg) completely out of the rotation. Also possible that Iguodala's 23 mpg take a big hit.

2 hours ago, VaTerp said:

How could he not?  Well, his minutes and usage will be significantly down from any point in his career and he will be the 4th option joining a core group that has already won 3 championships without him.

Plus there's the whole big man coming back from one of the most devastating injuries in the sport thing.

But yeah, how could he not comeback better than before...

Lol, what I'm saying is if anyone is going to come back from an injury, this is the situation they want to be in. Of course usage will be down, but efficiency will be up thanks to the spacing the offense creates. Golden State also has tons of usage and playing time to give Boogie so he can easily fill up the stat sheet. Especially when they get an aggressive post game to go with a deadly small ball lineup that boogie can possibly run with when 100%.Maybe just wishful thinking over here. 

At the very least he's going to get boards and blk's, and if he keeps most of his shots inside, I expect JaVale McGee type numbers, even in limited minutes.

Throw in some ast, stl, a 3pt, scoring in the mid teens, i'll take it.

And if my fantasy comes true, we're going to see some of those great Jordan Bell lines, but consistently, because he's Boogie.

He's never been on a team with with two MVP's, three deadly shooters, plus a Draymond to handle the ball, sky's the limit.

Well I just picked him off the free agent pool. Most probably you cannot find someone of his caliber from there. If he can get some scoring and boards I would be very happy having him at the end of my bench.

Mans lateral quickness and jumping ability might hit negative levels. Points and rebounds might be a lock though purely due to the team he’s on and the fact that they’ll force feed him touches. The efficiency is likely going to be god awful too

Boogie is going to shoot the widest shots of his life, which is good since he needs to work his way back

12 minutes ago, paokmaniak said:

Do you think of starting him in Friday or wait? And for how long ?

I'm going to.  10 points and 5 rebounds wouldn't be crazy and that's "okay".  But if they want to really let him run wild (in the time he's on the court, that is, of course he'll be on a minutes restriction), it could be a pretty good game for your 12th best player (which is who he would be replacing to activate).

20 hours ago, Russianog said:

Lol, what I'm saying is if anyone is going to come back from an injury, this is the situation they want to be in. Of course usage will be down, but efficiency will be up thanks to the spacing the offense creates. Golden State also has tons of usage and playing time to give Boogie so he can easily fill up the stat sheet. Especially when they get an aggressive post game to go with a deadly small ball lineup that boogie can possibly run with when 100%.Maybe just wishful thinking over here. 

Its definitely wishful thinking to focus entirely on the positives of playing in the GSW offense when the reality is that the negatives (coming back from achilles tear, not having played in a real game for a year, and significantly reduced minutes and usage) far outweigh the positives from a fantasy production standpoint.

The volume simply will not be there for him to put up the Boogie monster numbers of years past with GSW this season.  And he will have fewer overall turnovers b/c of the reduced minutes and usage but it remains to be seen if he will be overall more efficient.  Again, he's coming back from a major injury and integrating into a new offense that features 3 other players who get a lot of shots and usage.  I could easily see his efficiency being the same or worse with %s.

I hear ya on playing with additional space and less attention from defenses but this is obviously not a situation where pre-achilles Boogie just signed with GSW and is ready to roll after a full healthy off and pre-season.  Its gonna be a lesser Boogie physically (at least this 1st year back and perhaps for his career) AND he will have significantly less usage.  Don't see how that's a recipe for "better than ever" from a real life or fantasy perspective.

4 hours ago, paokmaniak said:

Do you think of starting him in Friday or wait? And for how long ?

I think that entirely depends on roster options and league size/settings, etc.  I dropped a player to stream earlier this week, which opened up a spot in my lineup Friday.  So he's in my lineup.  If I had other options, I'd likely wait a game or 2 before slotting him in over even end of bench type guys.

Having said all of the above, I'm still all in on Boogie for this season as I kept him from last season and am rooting for him on a fantasy and personal level.  But my expectations are pretty low, so I will have fun watching this either way.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Extra_Rice said:

Well I just picked him off the free agent pool. Most probably you cannot find someone of his caliber from there. If he can get some scoring and boards I would be very happy having him at the end of my bench.

2 team league?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

2 team league?

Na, can't be.  Because the other team would have already picked him up by now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Elcamino said:

Na, can't be.  Because the other team would have already picked him up by now.  

He owns both teams. He signed up with another email to trick his leaguemates.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 10:43 AM, ez2do4now said:

Heh, those are nearly exactly the same numbers I was expecting.  I do think the FG% and 3P% are a bit low, considering he's gonna be REALLY open.  Why guard DMC when Curry, Klay and Durant can take nearly everyone in front of them?

4 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

2 team league?

12 team H2H money league. No IR. Good standing sa was able to stash him for a month.

4 hours ago, MWon said:

Heh, those are nearly exactly the same numbers I was expecting.  I do think the FG% and 3P% are a bit low, considering he's gonna be REALLY open.  Why guard DMC when Curry, Klay and Durant can take nearly everyone in front of them?

Is it going to be possible that each of them averages 15+ FGA?

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

Is it going to be possible that each of them averages 15+ FGA?

Yup! I think that’s why draymond has been taking 6 shots a game... expecting everyone to take 2-3 less shots and he’ll be taking looney’s minutes and shots so that’s roughly 13 shots that he’ll have without taking shots from iggy, jerebko, And livingston... keep in mind Steph klay and KD are all efficient guys as well so a 3 shot decrease is like 1 ppg for them which is obsurd if you think about it

I don't think DMC AVERAGES 15 FGA.  I'd say he gets about 12 attempts, but he's much more efficient to score, he shoots FTs, and he hits some treys to average 14 points anyway.  I also imagine they stagger his minutes a bit with KD or Curry or Klay to ensure they've got at least 2 scorers on the court at all times.

But hope everyone's excited for tomorrow!  I'm expecting about 30/10/10 from you tomorrow, Boogie!  hahaha.

OAKLAND, Calif. – Golden State Warriors center DeMarcus Cousins, who is making his season debut on Friday on the road against the Los Angeles Clippers, attempted to get cleared to return from injury a few weeks ago, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Cousins, who tore his left Achilles tendon almost a full year ago, was intent on speeding up his timeline to return, but the organization wanted to implement a 10-minute playing restriction, league sources said.

Instead of working through such a tight restriction, the four-time All-Star decided to continue the rehab process in order to get his minutes increased upon returning.

I didn't know that. Sounds like he will play 20-25 minutes out of the gates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3