ZChronicNebula

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

The fact his minutes are rising every game and his usage rate are very encouraging. The all star break will only help him with his conditioning. I would be confident of a top 50-60 ROS value now if he keeps trending up

3 minutes ago, PaddingtonBear said:

The fact his minutes are rising every game and his usage rate are very encouraging. The all star break will only help him with his conditioning. I would be confident of a top 50-60 ROS value now if he keeps trending up

Boogie will be good, but his bigger contribution in fantasy will be in helping the Warriors blow out the other team by 2nd quarter so Steph, KD, and Klay's stats will be deflated !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am keeping a conservative stance on Boogie with averages of 24min, 14 pts, 7rebs, 3asts, 0.5stls, 1blk, 1trey for the next couple of months and numbers to gradually increase to 20% by the final month to 28.8min, 16.8pts, 8.4reb, 3.6asts, 0.6stls, 1.2blks, 1.2treys as the Warriors get ready for the post season. That would be about top70 ROS. 

10 hours ago, m1dday said:

Wow yeah, I didn't think I'd be eating my words this soon. But hot damn, he looked great out there tonight. 

Still baffles me why the Lakers didn't take him and chose to start with McGee but oh well. 16-0 playoff run seems very likely now

Bro... It's a wrap :lol: Other teams should just start prepping for the off-season at this point.

• Haha 1

it's good that boogie's back but at the same time, it's risky to have gsw starters imo

3 hours ago, MrBean said:

it's good that boogie's back but at the same time, it's risky to have gsw starters imo

Should we drop?

Anyone received any good offers for Boogie since his debut? People are still low-balling me in my league..

Definitely think we could see top 75 value from Boogie, but obvious risk has me thinking

traded josh richardson to get on the Boogie train...with AD being iffy needed some backup and someone that wont kill my Fg day in and day out

when this guy hits his stride he will be a handful. Buy-low if the window is still open. Kudos to all those that stashed him

Who was that joker that said Boogie would be bad snd wouldn’t average 10 per?? 😂😂

On 12/26/2018 at 12:24 AM, st1010 said:

I'd be surprised if he averages >10 pts/game. Bball players, esp big men, are truly Achilles when it comes to that tendon.

Um so u have to be impresssd so far with how Boogie has looked since you had ridiculously low expectations. 

13 hours ago, chud12 said:

Um so u have to be impresssd so far with how Boogie has looked since you had ridiculously low expectations. 

Yes, he's been impressive.

Remember, it's not like I'm rooting for him to fail. I want him to succeed....but lose to the Raps in the Finals!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st1010 said:

Yes, he's been impressive.

Remember, it's not like I'm rooting for him to fail. I want him to succeed....but lose to the Raps in the Finals!

unfortunately thats not happening

From the clips I've watched these past games, he seems super slow. Is that just me?

Speed is the gauge for whether he's back. Yes Boogie has the shot & passing skills but what set him apart from other bigs he was simply explosive in the paint. I don't see that right now, and that's what people said the major concern for reaching top-30 fantasy value again. With his shooting & passing his ceiling would be around the top-50 game IMO.
With the speed, he could be top-30.

Fantasy BBall is all about assessing value - I really want to know what the outlook would be here with the actually skillset we see on the floor right now. Do these clips not show his explosiveness? or is that element not there (i.e red flags still up)?

7 minutes ago, bennyhbk said:

From the clips I've watched these past games, he seems super slow. Is that just me?

Speed is the gauge for whether he's back. Yes Boogie has the shot & passing skills but what set him apart from other bigs he was simply explosive in the paint. I don't see that right now, and that's what people said the major concern for reaching top-30 fantasy value again. With his shooting & passing his ceiling would be around the top-50 game IMO.
With the speed, he could be top-30.

Fantasy BBall is all about assessing value - I really want to know what the outlook would be here with the actually skillset we see on the floor right now. Do these clips not show his explosiveness? or is that element not there (i.e red flags still up)?

He was never explosive or fast but Boogie has def lost a step that he prob won’t gain back until next year. He also doesn’t have the lift he used to have but these things are to be expected. Regardless Boogie can get away with all of this because of his b ball IQ and because of the pieces that are around him. Production should not be a problem.  

37 minutes ago, chud12 said:

He was never explosive or fast but Boogie has def lost a step that he prob won’t gain back until next year. He also doesn’t have the lift he used to have but these things are to be expected. Regardless Boogie can get away with all of this because of his b ball IQ and because of the pieces that are around him. Production should not be a problem.  

Disagree... He had speed for a big, as evidence to some of his 17-18 highlights where he could straight up burn defenders: 

What made him top-30 value was this coupled with his ability to shoot the 3 ball. He  could essentially park up behind the arc, put it on the floor, burn the defender coming at him en route to an easy bucket.

So the question remains:
a) has anyone (GS Fans?) watched complete games and seen this ability? (i.e. is it not shown on highlight clips & therefore the ceiling could be top--30)

or

B.) are we looking at a ceiling of 50-75th overall value?

Pretty important distinction if we're looking to buy in on him, since the media has created a hype train.
I'm in a keeper league so the risk is compounded: I'd need to cough up some good young players right now for him.

8 minutes ago, bennyhbk said:

What made him top-30 value

You're selling him short here.  First or second rounder at the very lowest.  In H2H he was a first rounder.

8 hours ago, bennyhbk said:

Disagree... He had speed for a big, as evidence to some of his 17-18 highlights where he could straight up burn defenders: 

What made him top-30 value was this coupled with his ability to shoot the 3 ball. He  could essentially park up behind the arc, put it on the floor, burn the defender coming at him en route to an easy bucket.

So the question remains:
a) has anyone (GS Fans?) watched complete games and seen this ability? (i.e. is it not shown on highlight clips & therefore the ceiling could be top--30)

or

Pretty important distinction if we're looking to buy in on him, since the media has created a hype train.
I'm in a keeper league so the risk is compounded: I'd need to cough up some good young players right now for him.

Have watched all his games since returning. He's definitely slower ATM. I'm not sure I've seen him once pump fake a defender and blow by them like he used to. 

7 hours ago, bennyhbk said:

So the question remains:

or

His post game is still questionable for the moment. He's strong enough to back down, but he ends up getting into bad situations and going for awkward layups. Not sure if its explosiveness or he's just not at game speed yet. He gets a lot of assist opportunities with the dribble handoffs he does. In terms of just averages right now, in terms of season average he's ranked 49th on Yahoo. 

I'd just interpret it however way you want to. I'd say his floor is probably top 55-60 for the season. Some people might disagree with me but I don't necessarily see why he can't be a top 30 player ROS with more minutes. Just for the season BroLo is ranked 37(avg) on Yahoo and 31 for season (bballmonster). I think he ends up around 25-30 later towards the season especially with how many touches he gets. Warriors have never played with a dominant big man either so he might get more touches to see how he fits in the system too. 

8 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

You're selling him short here.  First or second rounder at the very lowest.  In H2H he was a first rounder.

I like your optimism, but I have to give a discount to how he's being utilized in GS plus being a 3rd/4th option. Giving him a 30% discount still equates to 3rd rounder stats (17.5ppg, 8rbs, 3 ast, 1stl, 1blk, 2 3s in 45-48% FG). Not bad.

Although, I will concede to a possibility that he'll have a stretch producing first round value, maybe towards the end of the regular season when Kerr sits Durant/Steph more often and catches Boogie up to game speed.

Edited by ellejamil

4 hours ago, ellejamil said:

I like your optimism, but I have to give a discount to how he's being utilized in GS plus being a 3rd/4th option. Giving him a 30% discount still equates to 3rd rounder stats (17.5ppg, 8rbs, 3 ast, 1stl, 1blk, 2 3s in 45-48% FG). Not bad.

Although, I will concede to a possibility that he'll have a stretch producing first round value, maybe towards the end of the regular season when Kerr sits Durant/Steph more often and catches Boogie up to game speed.

I didn't mean this year.  The guy I was responding to was talking about 17-18 and the skillset and talent Boogie had then.

2 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

I didn't mean this year.  The guy I was responding to was talking about 17-18 and the skillset and talent Boogie had then.

Oh okay. My bad. 

I wanted to flip him after he got a few games in but damn, this is essentially him at his floor.

The best offer I got is OPJ straight up and i’m not even sure if that’s even a good offer anymore.

My only concern with him is overall health and restrictions. While he has looked a step slow, the back to back restriction has been debunked and he’s still a bully who can shoot.

What kind of offers are you guys getting? As theres no point selling low anymore (9 cat, h2h)