ZChronicNebula

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

New article from Jonas Nader - he picked Cousins in 8th round in competitive league (not mock draft!).

• Like 2

Already running and doing light 2 on 2 with coaches... Way ahead of schedule. I think he'll be back before Christmas playing limited minutes.

1 hour ago, jorgo said:

Already running and doing light 2 on 2 with coaches... Way ahead of schedule. I think he'll be back before Christmas playing limited minutes.\

Thanks for posting the video. I am not ready to put a timeline on when I think he gets back. We have no idea how long he was "practicing" before that video. We don't know if he was gassed or fresh at that point. He looks really gassed, and that isn't going to work on the Warriors. I mean it has been 8+ months since his injury so I expect him to be mobile. If he wasn't mobile than he would be in a ton of trouble. 

As the season approaches Boogie is the only Warrior that I find myself gravitating towards. I am sure Steph and KD will do their thing over 75 games if healthy. Klay and Draymond too. But Boogie just seems to be a little underestimated. I get it that there is no timeline and so much of his targeted round is based on when he returns. But his opportunity on the team seems discounted to me. The only thing the Warriors have to do this season is integrate Boogie before the playoffs. That's it. They already have the system and chemistry down because they have continuity with the core of the roster. They can coast from day 1. They can take mental health days to alleviate the stress of chasing a 3 peat all season long. I think they are going to approach the season as trying to have fun and trying to get ridiculously dominant with Boogie on the court. I think Boogie will get the 4-5 minute bursts when he returns, and it is probably going to be a month or two before he is getting 25-30 mpg. But I think Boogie is going to get numbers in this system when he gets his wind back. 

Not worth it in a redraft. They’re going to take their sweet time and not rush him back. They just want him for the playoffs. They can win all the games they need now while developing their young big men. Anyone who drafts and holds on to him this year in h2h might as well kiss the playoffs goodbye.

If you have an IR spot, why not. He can bring in “at least” top 75-100 if he finally reaches 20+ minutes without problems. 

• Like 2

Yeah with an IR spot I see no reason not to hold him but if someone with serious value gets hurt on my team Boogie will probably hit the waivers pretty soon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Philzilla said:

Not worth it in a redraft. They’re going to take their sweet time and not rush him back. They just want him for the playoffs. They can win all the games they need now while developing their young big men. Anyone who drafts and holds on to him this year in h2h might as well kiss the playoffs goodbye.

I think they bring him back before playoff so they can let Curry and Durant rest... he could get warm by playoffs

1 hour ago, ejaggit said:

I think they bring him back before playoff so they can let Curry and Durant rest... he could get warm by playoffs

I absolutely agree with you but will what he comes back with be worth stashing on your bench for the first 2-3 months of the season? Unless you have an IR spot, it’s not going to be worth it. 

1 hour ago, Philzilla said:

Developing their young big men? Can you explain more? This is how I see it. Their big men are a revolving door that turns as soon as they can not be controlled on very cheap deals. Old big men come and go. Young big men will also come and go. As much hype as Jordan Bell gets in the fantasy community he still hasn't carved out a really significant role on the court with the starters. These guys are role players that will continue to be role players if/when they resign Draymond and Klay. There just isn't enough money to pay everyone AND their young bigs. Obviously, that can change with KD and Iggy contract decisions in the near future. But those outcomes impact Klay and Dray. 

I think it is safe to assume we all think Boogie isn't the top priority for the Warriors future. It almost feels like the backup plan to a backup plan if he resigns (unless he takes a discount). That alone makes his injury different. Boogie NEEDS to get on the court. He needs to get healthy. His personal future depends on it. 

I understand the Warriors can just coast in the season. That is why I am not very high on their big 4. But, Boogie needs to get integrated in the offense well before the playoffs. You don't develop chemistry over 20 meaningless regular season games and think you are set to face the upper tier in the postseason. Boogie needs to get paid as well. He can't just show up and play 15 mpg and then hit free agency with a ring and get big offers. Just my opinion, obviously, but when Boogie is healthy Boogie is going to play. Unless someone can give a good reason why Boogie, not the team, would wait until he is "110%" healthy. This isn't like a normal injury for a franchise player. This isn't the same situation as Porzingis. It isn't the same as a LaVine either where the team wanted to lose and backed themselves in a corner to commit to him longterm. This is completely different. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Philzilla said:

I absolutely agree with you but will what he comes back with be worth stashing on your bench for the first 2-3 months of the season? Unless you have an IR spot, it’s not going to be worth it. 

Unless your team has a major collapse...

Idk. My team has always been in the playoffs picture. I usually lose the flame at the end of the season. I understand the whole "don't worry about it until you get there" but if your track record for building solid teams is there I don't see why its a problem. I do have a IR and it makes it much easier for me. In my leagues free agency there also there isn't anyone that's much better or would make an impact to have at this moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WadeW said:

Where’s DMC getting drafted in leagues without an IR spot

He wasn't drafted in my league.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Philzilla said:

And to add on, I really believe it'll be him and and klay doing damage. I can see cousins playing incredible.

The Warriors will bring him back slowly and with all the mouthes i think he score 18 and rebounding 9 rbs per game. Maybe a three or a block. Dosent think he score monster performing with Curry, Klay, Durant. Look what Draymond Green score when all guys are healthy and one of them are out.

9 minutes ago, FantasyEmpire said:

The Warriors will bring him back slowly and with all the mouthes i think he score 18 and rebounding 9 rbs per game. Maybe a three or a block. Dosent think he score monster performing with Curry, Klay, Durant. Look what Draymond Green score when all guys are healthy and one of them are out.

No idea what you are trying to communicate here lol.

• Haha 1

Took him in the 11th round with IR spots. With Boogie easily looking like the best value in this spot why not take him over guys like W. Carter Jr. etc?? If he comes back in January that he is a straight steal.  

In a league with no IR/IL spots i wouldnt waste a roster spot. If there is one IR spot, i think he is worth considering in the later rounds. In my league (16 teams) we got 2 IR spots and i grabbed him in round10 (#144). Im pretty happy with my pick. You have to know your opposing teams drafting habbits though and adjust to them. I knew i could get him there so i didnt have to waste an earlier pick (#117/round9).

grabbed him in the 12th round and immediately placed him on IR, I think he’s worth the wait