munde53

David Moore 2018 Outlook

There you have it, Brandon Marshall cut..

1 minute ago, mjb said:

There you have it, Brandon Marshall cut..

BM wasn't hardly seeing the field anyway, so this doesn't move the needle much I wouldn't think.

36 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Looked at his Player Profiler- pretty elite athlete. Catching everything too- hyper efficient. Just needs 2-3 more targets a game..

Yep if you can get over Southeastern Oklahoma State University 7th rounder  and the grainy pic of him catching a college game TD pass with a dually pickup behind a chain link fence in the immediate background  it doesnt take too much imagination to see this guy being an impact player ROS. The boxscore and fantasy points past 3 games speak for themselves.

Edited by dakimbell
  • Like 1

Not sure if this is for the AC forum,

But who would you rather have ROS Moore or Baldwin? 

10 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Yep if you can get over Southeastern Oklahoma State University 7th rounder  and the grainy pic of him catching a college game TD pass with a dually pickup behind a chain link fence in the immediate background  it doesnt take too much imagination to see this guy being an impact player ROS. The boxscore and fantasy points past 3 games speak for themselves.

I agree here.  Just spent some time researching and watching videos of this kid and he can play.  He seems to catch everything by him and has made some really nice plays this year.  All he needs is more snaps/targets and it seems like his snaps are increasing as he played 71% last week.  And now they've released Marshall which should solidify him seeing a good share of snaps.

Yeah, he's still stuck as a #3 behind Baldwin and Lockett.  But Baldwin is an injury waiting to happen and doesn't seem to be the same player he's been.  If he were to miss time, Moore's value could jump even more.

I also think the Seahawks are bound to start throwing the ball more too.  I think this running game is a bit of a mirage.

Sneaky add here IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrRazvi said:

Not sure if this is for the AC forum,

But who would you rather have ROS Moore or Baldwin? 

I would go with Moore, just my personal opinion. Baldwin previously said he would not be close to 100% all season because of his knee issue and he hasn't been the same player. Moore's target share has been essentially the same as Baldwin and Lockett, last 3 games anyway. Additionally, among the WRs, he is the logical redzone target given his physical stature and jump ball prowess. What else....Carroll and Wilson love the guy and they seem to be designing plays for him, just to get him the ball. Big green flashing arrow pointing up for Moore.

Edited by pikerbkb
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I agree here.  Just spent some time researching and watching videos of this kid and he can play.  He seems to catch everything by him and has made some really nice plays this year.  All he needs is more snaps/targets and it seems like his snaps are increasing as he played 71% last week.  And now they've released Marshall which should solidify him seeing a good share of snaps.

Yeah, he's still stuck as a #3 behind Baldwin and Lockett.  But Baldwin is an injury waiting to happen and doesn't seem to be the same player he's been.  If he were to miss time, Moore's value could jump even more.

I also think the Seahawks are bound to start throwing the ball more too.  I think this running game is a bit of a mirage.

Sneaky add here IMO.

I think Baldwin is toast. Wilson is looking other ways for a reason. Moore and Lockett are open and Wilson's passer rating is near perfect when throwing to those two. 

Lockett will not be a high-volume guy. This is not a high volume offense. But, Moore seems really efficient and can really do damage on 6-7 targets a game. Plus he's a red-zone machine. WR2/3 potential if everything breaks his way. 

Probably the sneakiest add of the week, that schedule is nice too btw

• Like 1

I sure hope he sustains these touchdowns for the sake of my favorite team, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, 3-4 targets a game is hard to trust in your lineup unless you're in a deeper league.  Until a team stops Seattle's run game, Russ will throw anywhere from 15-25 times per game.  It's back to the future for Russ - this is the same style offense Seattle ran from 2012-2014, with better receivers and Wilson having developed since then.  The WRs were highly efficient with their targets those years and that is the case this year too.  He's an okay stash, but personally I think more than a few injuries would have to happen to Seattle (RB, OL and maybe WR) for his value to skyrocket to a place where I'd be willing to start him in my 10 and 12 team leagues.

Stashed. 4 TD's in the last 3 games. 12 total targets in those games (not exciting), 10 catches. This kid is making the absolute best of his opportunities.

Baldwin wont be himself for the remainder of the season, run game is still suspect, Lockett is a boom or bust player, TE carousel. And he has Russell Wilson

I dropped Keenan Cole (who I also love(d) ) to pick up Moore in dynasty. I think things change fast and Baldwin looks near the end of the road, and Moore has a nice path to increased targets. 

9 minutes ago, fakespike said:

I dropped Keenan Cole (who I also love(d) ) to pick up Moore in dynasty. I think things change fast and Baldwin looks near the end of the road, and Moore has a nice path to increased targets. 

Moore or Parker this week?

51 minutes ago, fakespike said:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Baldwin continues to take a backseat to Moore ROS. The kid is doing great things with his limited opportunities!

I'm starting him this week, but I really don't have any better alternatives due to a bye week squeeze. My gut tells me he's due for a dud game given the limited number of targets to go around and the fact that he's really a "TD or bust" option at this point. Given the run/pass ratio of the current version of the Seahawk offense, Moore's last line of 4/97/1 seems like a peak as far as yardage and volume and he can't keep scoring TDs at this pace. Some regression seems likely and it just feels like we're waiting for that dud game to happen, like a 2/27/0 type game.

Edited by pikerbkb

1 hour ago, Squidward said:

GD I love watching this guy play. Thanks for the video. He's so physical. Just running through all the trash, bouncing off guys, guys grabbing his jersey, his arms. No flags. But Moore doesn't whine or let the defenders affect him. He just shakes everything off, catches the ball and wins. He's like a WR version of a honey badger. Just doesn't care.

Edited by pikerbkb

Just hopped on this hype train. I'm getting vibes of Fuller last year. Kid has a knack for getting the ball in the end zone.

It certainly helps that Wilson has just been piling up end-zone pass attempts over the past two games - 11 total.  A bit surprising for a team so committed to the run, but a very intriguing trend for those interested in Moore (as I am).

17 hours ago, BMcP said:

It certainly helps that Wilson has just been piling up end-zone pass attempts over the past two games - 11 total.  A bit surprising for a team so committed to the run, but a very intriguing trend for those interested in Moore (as I am).

Maybe Pete still hasn't figured out that he should have run the ball at the 1 yard line. :D

• Thanks 1