Fuzzy_Slippers

10/5 - GAME DAY THREAD

37 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Even with Sale's diminished velocity, the Yanks are no match for him tonight. 

Is the diminished velocity something to worry about next year? The Red Sox did baby him through most of the first half and there were two DL stints in the second half. Have him in a Roto keeper where we can keep three pitchers and think he won't be one of the three (Buehler, Nola, Scherzer).

Terrible missed opportunity.  Workman throws 4 straight balls to Gary Sanchez and Torres comes up swinging at the first pitch, which of course would've been a ball. 3-1 count and Workman comes back to strike him out.smdh

• Like 1

Ok boys...its time to put up a 5 spot.  Window is closing.  Top of the order coming up.  Big inning very possible here.

• Like 1

He didn’t work his way out of this one

• Haha 1

Damn bases loaded with no outs and only get 1 run...very disappointing.  And haven't liked anything I've seen from the bottom of the order.  Miggy/Sanchez/Torres due up in top of the 8th.  Sanchez at least took a 4 pitch walk his last AB.  Need to keep the score where it is, clean inning for Britton and thenn get some runs.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Damn bases loaded with no outs and only get 1 run...very disappointing.  And haven't liked anything I've seen from the bottom of the order.  Miggy/Sanchez/Torres due up in top of the 8th.  Sanchez at least took a 4 pitch walk his last AB.  Need to keep the score where it is, clean inning for Britton and thenn get some runs.

Yankees had alot of chances couldn’t get the big hit

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Yankees had alot of chances couldn’t get the big hit

Until the 9th?.. I feel it

3 minutes ago, zstlj said:

Until the 9th?.. I feel it

I'm feeling it judge!!

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Good results for Kersh, but his stuff has diminished. 

Agree. Has been all year IMO. His stuff has diminished but he threw 46 strikes outta 60. No walks no runs and 2 hits. Only one K but his whip and Era are going to remain elite 

Just now, zstlj said:

Agree. Has been all year IMO. His stuff has diminished but he threw 46 strikes outta 60. No walks no runs and 2 hits. Only one K but his whip and Era are going to remain elite 

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Good results for Kersh, but his stuff has diminished. 

The 7th inning next, stay tuned

Posted (edited)

Typical Red Sox-Yankees nail biter.  The Sox have to always get enough runs early to stave off Ye Olde Dumpster Fire known as their totally sucky bullpen.  A game ball to Sandy Leon trying to block a zillion balls in the dirt from them tonight.  And Rick Porcello may likely be moved back to Game 4 (if needed) now thanks to having to come in tonight to help bail them out. 

Kimbrell at least was fine except for Judge but that can be said of many a pitcher vs Judge who is definitely NY's MVP.   But we Boston fans would like to give a grateful tip of the cap to Stanton for not knowing he was allowed to take his bat off his shoulders and swing in the 9th.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Typical Red Sox-Yankees nail biter.  The Sox have to always get enough runs early to stave off Ye Olde Dumpster Fire known as their totally sucky bullpen.  A game ball to Sandy Leon trying to block a zillion balls in the dirt from them tonight.  And Rick Porcello may likely be moved back to Game 4 (if needed) now thanks to having to come in tonight to help bail them out. 

Kimbrell at least was fine except for Judge but that can be said of many a pitcher vs Judge who is definitely NY's MVP.   But we Boston fans would like to give a grateful tip of the cap to Stanton for not knowing he was allowed to take his bat off his shoulders and swing in the 9th.

Stanton didn't have a chance. Kimbrel had super tight slider and that heater on the 0-1 was nice.  Stanton guessed 0 for 3 

There were some really awful calls in the 8th inning against the Yankees.  Against both Sanchez and Torres, who have an easy enough time getting themselves out.  3-1 count to Sanchez, next pitch he takes was clearly ball 4 but gets called a strike.  Next pitch 3-2 count he lines out to Nunez.  Next AB I don't remember the exact sequence but some bad calls in that AB also.

The one to Sanchez was really terrible though.  Still had plenty of opportunities, but I always hate it when the HP umps are that bad, especially in a 3-1 or 3-0 count.

Stanton was terrible and choked in a lot of spots.  Happ was also especially terrible.  It's too bad Green came in and let both inherited runners to score though.

Stanton and the bottom 1/3 of the lineup need to step it up tomorrow.  Also Hicks out is going to weaken our lineup.  I wouldnt mind going with the following lineup:

McCutchen

Judge

Voit

Didi

Stanton

Andujar

Sanchez

Torres

Gardner

7 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

There were some really awful calls in the 8th inning against the Yankees.  Against both Sanchez and Torres, who have an easy enough time getting themselves out.  3-1 count to Sanchez, next pitch he takes was clearly ball 4 but gets called a strike.  Next pitch 3-2 count he lines out to Nunez.  Next AB I don't remember the exact sequence but some bad calls in that AB also.

The one to Sanchez was really terrible though.  Still had plenty of opportunities, but I always hate it when the HP umps are that bad, especially in a 3-1 or 3-0 count.

Stanton was terrible and choked in a lot of spots.  Happ was also especially terrible.  It's too bad Green came in and let both inherited runners to score though.

Stanton and the bottom 1/3 of the lineup need to step it up tomorrow.  Also Hicks out is going to weaken our lineup.  I wouldnt mind going with the following lineup:

McCutchen

Judge

Voit

Didi

Stanton

Andujar

Sanchez

Torres

Gardner

The Sanchez call was bad on 3-1. That ball was almost both high and outside. Huge call. 

Happ was throwing so many balls and he won't be successful hardly ever without his control. Especially vs red Sox. 

The Yankees lineup is stud filled with bombs but it also seems just jumbled together. That's just my opinion at first glance usually with the yanks this year.