iowncrazyhair

Marvin Bagley III 2018-2019 Season Outlook

New Player Note Fri, Oct 5

Marvin Bagley made a big impact against the Lakers on Thursday, scoring 19 points with 10 rebounds, two assists, one block and two turnovers.

Advice: It was his best game since his summer league debut. The Kings continue to roll with three-big lineups and sometimes they've even gone with four. Bagley was very aggressive on the offensive end with plenty of drives and getting to the line seven times. It'll take some time for him to adapt to the physicality of the NBA, so those who want to draft him may want to exercise some patience. He could be worth it as a potential double-double guy once he gets humming.

(Rotoworld.com)

He posted a 19-10-2-1 vs my Lakers in the preseason and looking at SAC's depth chart it looks like he's clearly gonna get most of his positions minutes. I've also read he's nba comparison is KG.

Thoughts?

And where'd he rank in your list for this years draft class?

36 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

New Player Note Fri, Oct 5

Marvin Bagley made a big impact against the Lakers on Thursday, scoring 19 points with 10 rebounds, two assists, one block and two turnovers.

Advice: It was his best game since his summer league debut. The Kings continue to roll with three-big lineups and sometimes they've even gone with four. Bagley was very aggressive on the offensive end with plenty of drives and getting to the line seven times. It'll take some time for him to adapt to the physicality of the NBA, so those who want to draft him may want to exercise some patience. He could be worth it as a potential double-double guy once he gets humming.

(Rotoworld.com)

He posted a 19-10-2-1 vs my Lakers in the preseason and looking at SAC's depth chart it looks like he's clearly gonna get most of his positions minutes. I've also read he's nba comparison is KG.

Thoughts?

And where'd he rank in your list for this years draft class?

KG was a block and steal machine. Bagley is not that

he is most similar to Amare with explosive athleticism without much range. He'll be a good albeit limited offensive player. Hopefully he ups his block rate from what it was in college and learns how to shoot FT

I think he'll be a useful, productive player down the road. But he's raw and has a lot of work to do before he becomes anything special. He might not even get there. Out of the 5 big men headlining this past year's draft class I like him the least. I think he's similar to Bamba in that he has a few years before he becomes a very good player, but Bamba obviously has defensive potential Bagley doesn't. I don't get the KG comparisons to be honest. Seems like a lazy comparison to me, but I think Bagley is getting hated on a little too much. He had a great first summer league game then fell off and no one has talked about him, and if they have, it's mostly been negative. In dynasty leagues see if you can get him cheap and hold for a few years. It will take some time but he can get there.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:16 AM, thrilla1nManila said:

is he starting?

I think they will start him. The last preseason game for the Kings was their regular season dress rehearsal. 

• Thanks 1

Someone just dropped him in my league, 12 player h2h 9 cat...

Should I pick him up? My worst players are Ariza, Schroder, Hield, Levert and Hollis-Jefferson 

On 10/15/2018 at 5:28 PM, bsu27 said:

Is he worth #4 waiver?? 

On 10/15/2018 at 4:51 PM, bsu27 said:

Someone just dropped him in my league, 12 player h2h 9 cat...

Should I pick him up? My worst players are Ariza, Schroder, Hield, Levert and Hollis-Jefferson 

Think this should be in the as.coach forums but Im not sure you have a clear drop for MB3. If anyone it would be rondae

19 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

are people going wait a few more games to see if his mins goes up? Last nights game was BS.

Pace of the game and matchup dictate the performance. Favors and Gobert would have eaten him alive offensively and defensively. They also needed to keep pace with the Spyda. Hence the low playing time. Sac is not going anywhere this season. He will get the minutes to develop and showcase whether he is the future of that rebuilding team. If you have the space to stash then wait it out, but for sure they didn't spend a high draft pick to let him play 10 minutes a game.

The Kings Suck. The Kings are not competing this year. Bagley is this years #2 overall pick. Bagley doesnt play. 

These statements dont add up.

The kings are an incompetent franchise. Play and develop the kids!  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Garbage time?

I mean he played 33 minutes, so unless garbage time started 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter, no.

Bjelica & WCS both got 2 early fouls in the 1st half which got Bagley more minutes there. Garbage time started early because the Pels offense is phenomenal.

22 minutes ago, Lagan said:

I mean he played 33 minutes, so unless garbage time started 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter, no.

Idk? It was a 20+ pt lead in the 3rd and both team scored 39 each in the 4th. Thanks anyways. 

Just now, WadeW said:

Predictions moving forward?? He was dropped in my league by impatient owner

Risk it for the biscuit, early bird gets the worm, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 points/1 3pm/4 blks at the end of the 3rd.

He would have so many more points if his teammates would pass him the ball more.  He has some moves around the rim.

Loving the blocks though

7 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

13 points/1 3pm/4 blks at the end of the 3rd.

He would have so many more points if his teammates would pass him the ball more.  He has some moves around the rim.

Loving the blocks though

Immense talent. Less than ideal situation though. 

He is a difficult one to peg ROS

Edited by NoHablaIngles

Kinda inflated numbers due to garbage time, but I like his game so much. Pity this team's rotation is a dumpster fire

I wish Joerger wasn't such a dumbass and would give their #2 overall pick some ******** touches. I thought rebuilding teams were supposed to build up their young players that have star potential. And I'm not just talking about garbage time, he needs more touches in general. The offence should flow through him and Fox imo.