crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Seeing as how I own bledsoe on all my teams, I would love for him to pick it up.  But I’ve watched him play all season and he’s a passive bystander of this offense.  12 ppg, 10 games into the season

What are you still doing here? Class was dismissed 15 minutes ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Seeing as how I own bledsoe on all my teams, I would love for him to pick it up.  But I’ve watched him play all season and he’s a passive bystander of this offense.  12 ppg, 10 games into the season

Such a big sample size... 

Have you really learnt nothing throughout this whole dialogue?

You definitely havent played fantasy bball before

57 minutes ago, ROTY said:

And I bet Pascal will keep shooting 62%fg

54 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Unsustainable shooting percentage but I’ll still enjoy the ride. 

I'm not so sure the FG% is that much of an outlier. You guys probably don't watch him play and just see his box scores. But if you watch the guy he just burns people in the post if he gets mismatches, his spin moves are lethal and if its not a good shot he is smart enough and a good enough passer to make the right pass, but most importantly most of his buckets come in transition because he is one of the best transition basketballers in the NBA and there is zero hyperbole in that. He is SO quick and his stamina must also be among he top of the league. I'd expect 55-60% on the season.

But still if I owned owned Bledsoe and was offered Siakam that would take all of about 2 seconds to reject

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just seeing the "who is better, Bledsoe or Siakam" makes me very happy with my waiver wire pickup.  

I do think that Bledsoe will finish season ranked higher than Siakam. 

Bucks have new coach, Giannis and Middleton usage rate is  higher than Bledsoe's (as it should be).   I don't see his usage rate improving this year  in Budenholzer system, as Bucks have so many 3 point shooters better than Bledsoe (even Henson and Maker have higher 3P%). 

Assuming that bot player play in similar number of games, I  can see that at the end of season Siakam and Bledsoe are separated by less than 10 spots in final rankings.   Siakam will be ranked higher, of course.

A+
P. Siakam
35 MIN, 21 PTS, 3 REB, 1 AST, 1 STL, 8-11 FG, 0-2 3FG, 5-5 FT, 0 BLK, 1 TO, 0 +/-

Siakam has quickly become a legitimate scorer who takes advantage of both larger, slower beings but also smaller players who struggle to match his strength and size. Nurse made it a point to go after whoever was on P Skills and it worked… almost every time.

Wanted to share the blurb from a raptors blog. This write up is perfect description of Pascal. Takes advantage of mismatches against both bigger and smaller guys. Bigger guys can't handle his speed, agility and athleticism, smaller guys can't handle his strength. P-Skills the real deal ladies and gents! If only he could hit those triples...

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2018/11/08/quick-reaction-raptors-114-kings-105/

2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

I'm not so sure the FG% is that much of an outlier. You guys probably don't watch him play and just see his box scores. But if you watch the guy he just burns people in the post if he gets mismatches, his spin moves are lethal and if its not a good shot he is smart enough and a good enough passer to make the right pass, but most importantly most of his buckets come in transition because he is one of the best transition basketballers in the NBA and there is zero hyperbole in that. He is SO quick and his stamina must also be among he top of the league. I'd expect 55-60% on the season.

But still if I owned owned Bledsoe and was offered Siakam that would take all of about 2 seconds to reject

All of this. He's eye popping when on the court. I wonder when they will run the offense through him because it looks like no one can stop him. 

8 minutes ago, dman0506 said:

All of this. He's eye popping when on the court. I wonder when they will run the offense through him because it looks like no one can stop him. 

Well they also have Kawhi and Lowry and Ibaka and even JV on the bench (not to mention the consistent shooting and defense of rejunvenated D. Green, FVV who is like mini Kyle and the OG OG who is shooting it great and is an ELITE defender himself)...teams are having A LOT of trouble stopping anyone on the raptors. They are SO well rounded. They could really give the Warriors a run - so many stoppers in all positions. Not sure Warriors have the D to worry the raptors on offense and the Raptors are well built to annoy the $hit out of Curry, Thompson and Durant. I am salivating over that potential finals matchup...just please Raps punish those Celtics and their Giant Egos...

Unlikely Pascal fully breaks out this year because of how freaking good this team is, but watch this guy!! Seriously

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

It has to come down at least some man, that’s all I meant. I’ve seen him play plenty and I know his style but shooting in the 60’s  just isn’t sustainable imo.  I think we are going yo be looking st more of a 50-55 percent guy when the dust settles which is still perfectly fine.  

Edited by chud12
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

Well they also have Kawhi and Lowry and Ibaka and even JV on the bench (not to mention the consistent shooting and defense of rejunvenated D. Green, FVV who is like mini Kyle and the OG OG who is shooting it great and is an ELITE defender himself)...teams are having A LOT of trouble stopping anyone on the raptors. They are SO well rounded. They could really give the Warriors a run - so many stoppers in all positions. Not sure Warriors have the D to worry the raptors on offense and the Raptors are well built to annoy the $hit out of Curry, Thompson and Durant. I am salivating over that potential finals matchup...just please Raps punish those Celtics and their Giant Egos...

Unlikely Pascal fully breaks out this year because of how freaking good this team is, but watch this guy!! Seriously

You have a point on that last sentence. How great would it have been for fantasy owners if Siakam was included in the Derozen trade and was currently in SA will less mouths to feed? He really would be Draymond light on a less stacked team 

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Just seeing the "who is better, Bledsoe or Siakam" makes me very happy with my waiver wire pickup.  

I do think that Bledsoe will finish season ranked higher than Siakam. 

Bucks have new coach, Giannis and Middleton usage rate is  higher than Bledsoe's (as it should be).   I don't see his usage rate improving this year  in Budenholzer system, as Bucks have so many 3 point shooters better than Bledsoe (even Henson and Maker have higher 3P%). 

Assuming that bot player play in similar number of games, I  can see that at the end of season Siakam and Bledsoe are separated by less than 10 spots in final rankings.   Siakam will be ranked higher, of course.

Right now in my points league, siakam actually is ranked higher! Though the caveat there is Siakams played 12 games while Bledsoe only 10. BUT, a lot of that is still due to Bledsoes hot start. Bledsoe was 2nd round level the 1st 4 games, and has been total trash the last 6. Atleast by my leagues scoring, siakam has 49 more fantasy pts than Bledsoe has over the last 6 games. Of course, siakam had 3 big games in there with key guys missing. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

You have a point on that last sentence. How great would it have been for fantasy owners if Siakam was included in the Derozen trade and was currently in SA will less mouths to feed? He really would be Draymond light on a less stacked team 

I was thinking this when I was watching siakam. Instead of poetl, they could have gotten him, but that either forces LMA to play C, which he does not liek, or play Gasol started minutes again, which is NOT ideal to say the least. But siakam is definitely a better option at 3 than Gay. Maybe a cheap 5 could have been had (like Noel). Jakob is having a hard time assimilating in SA. I thought he could have been Splitter Jr. 

42 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Right now in my points league, siakam actually is ranked higher! Though the caveat there is Siakams played 12 games while Bledsoe only 10. BUT, a lot of that is still due to Bledsoes hot start. Bledsoe was 2nd round level the 1st 4 games, and has been total trash the last 6. Atleast by my leagues scoring, siakam has 49 more fantasy pts than Bledsoe has over the last 6 games. Of course, siakam had 3 big games in there with key guys missing. 

6 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I was thinking this when I was watching siakam. Instead of poetl, they could have gotten him, but that either forces LMA to play C, which he does not liek, or play Gasol started minutes again, which is NOT ideal to say the least. But siakam is definitely a better option at 3 than Gay. Maybe a cheap 5 could have been had (like Noel). Jakob is having a hard time assimilating in SA. I thought he could have been Splitter Jr. 

I am absolutely certain the Spurs would have asked for that, but rightfully Masai took OG and Siakam off the table in any deal for Kawhi. IMO this was an absolute steal of a trade for the Raptors. And being a raptors fan I am SO glad he is not on the spurs. His versatility on both ends is a large part of why the raptors are SO good this year even when Kawhi is sitting.

Wait, someone traded Bledsoe for Siakim?

hahahahahahajahhahajaha

jokes. The s--- hype does to people. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

The thing is us Raptors fans and even our GM knows that Siakim is a much more valuable player than Poeltl. Despite Poeltl being drafted earlier... We highly covet Siakim and OG way more than Poeltl, I'm sure Spurs tried to force our hand and do OG as well, but Masai and Webster were having none of it. 

Edited by ejaggit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rage2021 said:

All Star. If this guy adds a jump shot its over.

calm down dude...he is not remotely close to an all star and there are about 50 guys who would be all stars ahead of him that don't make the all star team each season. that said, he is looking really nice and it wouldn't be surprising to see him maintain top 60 value ROS. I made a mistake dropping him for Mitch Robinson, fell too much into that hype, like you seem to be doing with Siakam saying all star lol. 

3 minutes ago, thebigbite said:

İ traded collins for Pascal today.... Just didnt have ir spot open. Couldnt wait for Collins anymore....what do you guys say?

I like that move. Siakam already showing a lot and Collins may have lingering issues, he was out a while. Collins was unproven anyway just had a lot of hype in the off-season. I don't think Collins will return better than 6th round value and will probably miss more games. smart move, well played. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, thebigbite said:

İ traded collins for Pascal today.... Just didnt have ir spot open. Couldnt wait for Collins anymore....what do you guys say?

I have both. 

It depends on your scoring system, team, and situation. 

If you flat out couldn't afford to wait on Collins, then yeah, it's fine.  Collins will put up better numbers simply because of guaranteed usage.  You also have no idea when he will come back.

I think Siakam's ceiling for this season (without injuries to others) is probably what you see right now...which is good--just inconsistent usage and minutes (through no fault of his own).  Obviously, the shooting percentage has nowhere to go but down but the per game numbers may stay the same. The number of mouths to feed that Toronto has concerns me a bit as far as his usage goes.  It certainly looks like his minutes and touches are going to fluctuate based on the opponent.  I'm in a keepers league, so I am definitely holding onto him all season and seeing what his situation is next year. 

So, Collins has a lot more upside this year....and a higher floor if he's healthy. But I couldn't blame you for not feeling like you can wait until December for him to come back. 

Edited by BrotherMouzone
  • Thanks 1

I do not worry about too many mouths to feed. Siakam is high energy, smart player that waits for opportunities to score. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ROTY said:

@Fantasyscrub Your homework tonight is to research what Bledsoe just did to the Warriors

That was impressive, it helped Bledsoe's ranking on on  BBM (63th), 3 spots ahead of Siakam (66th).  Considering that Bledsoe's ADP was 46th (according to fantasy pros). that is  a great return for your investment.

Bledsoe is 3rd banana on Bucks team, top 30 finish for the season is a pipe dream. 

43 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

That was impressive, it helped Bledsoe's ranking on on  BBM (63th), 3 spots ahead of Siakam (66th).  Considering that Bledsoe's ADP was 46th (according to fantasy pros). that is  a great return for your investment.

Bledsoe is 3rd banana on Bucks team, top 30 finish for the season is a pipe dream. 

Considering how bad he's been this season overall, and with Siakam shooting 77% from 2, you can see they're both due for a regression or progression to the mean. 

I don't understand how it's even a debate. You cannot compare Bledsoe and Siakam, and sure as shieet can't believe it's a fair trade. You are a dream league opponent for me. I win chips because of irrational/erratic players like you and scrub. 

• Confused 2