crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Very smart move. 

I have him on 3 out of 4 teams.  Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Count me in the hype train! Hopefully the last preseason game is the indication of what he can do with starter minutes. 

Drafted him last!  (144th overall lol).  Big hopes for him, also would love if he got center eligibility.  Raptors might use him as a small-ball 5 so ...

And I missed out as he was added, I am crushed. Add now and ask questions later. 

Mr. Irrelevant in my draft tonight courtesy of yours truly. Ready to roll 

Still on the bench? Who’s closing the game?

7 minutes ago, lbc88 said:

Still on the bench? Who’s closing the game?

He's on.  Just got a block too.  With Lowry, Green, Kawhi & Ibaka

edit: this looks like Nick Nurse's defensive lineup to close out the game.  Good to know he has confidence in Pascal

Edited by gill2k
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gill2k said:

He's on.  Just got a block too.  With Lowry, Green, Kawhi & Ibaka

edit: this looks like Nick Nurse's defensive lineup to close out the game.  Good to know he has confidence in Pascal

Raptors were up by a comfortable margin when Pascal checked back in. He was barely involved. Definitely expected more

15 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Raptors were up by a comfortable margin when Pascal checked back in. He was barely involved. Definitely expected more

Lead was down to 7, 101-108 at the 3 minute mark. Subbed in for VanVleet in-between Lowry's FT's with 2:54 left.  My take away is Nick Nurse stuck with him and Ibaka to close out the game.  Finished with 13-2-2, one 3ptr and a block on good percentages in 20 minutes of play.  For the bottom end of my team, I'll take that.

Edited by gill2k

Damn The FVV/lowry/leonard/green/ibaka lineup. Getting Siakam in there somewhere makes them look so much better. 

For limited minutes, he was very efficient. What more could you ask for? His per 36 must be insane

Edited by shaolincage

16 minutes ago, shaolincage said:

For limited minutes, he was very efficient. What more could you ask for? His per 36 must be insane

I'm in points leagues so FG% doesn't matter. Just get me dem stats! I was definitely expecting more boards atleast. 

All that being said, I plan on holding atleast for a little bit. I still think he can break thru soon and don't wanna drop too early 

2 hours ago, shaolincage said:

More min.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

I'm in points leagues so FG% doesn't matter. Just get me dem stats! I was definitely expecting more boards atleast. 

All that being said, I plan on holding atleast for a little bit. I still think he can break thru soon and don't wanna drop too early 

Remember the raptors are deep and they want to win, so they can play match-ups with specific players. They love FVV and he is going to play 25mpg despite what the idiots at rotoworld think about Delon Wright (he will take mins off Norm and Green and hopefully reduce some of Lowry's mins too not FVV). Lowry and FVV will see the floor a lot because they are an effective duo despite their size, both underrated defenders and dogged little ba$tards. FVV is one of the most underrated IRL players in the league.

Siakam is going to break out there year. But it is going to be a slow process because of depth. But this was a nice start. He'll avg. 25-30 mpg on the season. I think you should hold if you have him and get really ready to pounce if he is on the waivers...It is MAJOR news he is starting that means that the idea is already in Nurse's head and that is a huge positive. He obviously sees how positive his versatility is to the team. Another positive is making his one shot from deep.

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

I’m sold. He’s a solid hold for me. Unless Nurse is erratic with the line ups, I’m not planning on dropping him.

Don’t forget Anunoby had an eye injury of sorts today. Him being gone potentially means more minutes for our boy Pascal. 

17 hours ago, Donqueefa said:

Damn The FVV/lowry/leonard/green/ibaka lineup. Getting Siakam in there somewhere makes them look so much better. 

You have to consider context. Cavs have a lot of wings/guards and didn't have Nance and TT is not someone you can really play when you need to make a comback. Give it time, but the rotations are going to be dependent on their opposition so I wouldn't expect anything consistent in the minutes department. 

12 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

I was expecting a little more considering how much you guys were hyping him up

Hype is a thing that needs some context. Everyone "hyping" did so with an end of the draft pick. Those picks are flyers where you are trying to capture upside. To expect consistent, out of the gate production on an upside flyer is reckless. 

• Like 2

Coach Nurse just went away from him in the second half. I do not know why. OG played his minutes.

26 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Coach Nurse just went away from him in the second half. I do not know why. OG played his minutes.

Because he was real sloppy,. Siakam has progressed well since his rookie season, and he's undoubtedly got a good mix of skill, motor and IQ, but he's still very prone to mistakes. I like seeing him bring up the ball in transition but he's still not where he needs to be as the primary ballhandler in halfcourt sets and he can be frustrating to watch when he's handling the ball.