crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I feel dirty selling high on this guy. I think he will get minutes in 25-28 range which will limit him in the short run but he will still be productive. Good luck to his owners, all it takes is one injury and this guy will blow up 

12 minutes ago, Prsbest11 said:

I feel dirty selling high on this guy. I think he will get minutes in 25-28 range which will limit him in the short run but he will still be productive. Good luck to his owners, all it takes is one injury and this guy will blow up 

don't blame you - OG is most likely coming back within the next few games which will knock Siakam's minutes down to low 20's. He's not AS productive when OG and him split minutes althought Siakam seems to be the better defensive player. Nurse might just keep Siakam in the starting lineup and give him solid minutes though

Why is everyone assuming that OG will take minutes from Pascal?   Maybe Pascal is better than OG?   He has new coach  who created Toronto offense last year.  That was introduced to the bench unit first whic Pascal was part of.     Kawhi is here  to defend  best player on other team.  Also ake a look at Raptors depth chart. Third year player  with the coach that knows him, perfect break out candidate.     25 minutes is his floor imo

• Like 1

As a Toronto resident and Raps homer that watches almost every game - Siakam is a better real-life player than OG. OG is solid but Siakam is longer, faster and has a crazy motor. Dude is always bouncing around like the Energizer Bunny. He's a fan favourite in Toronto. Nurse has every incentive to give Siakam big minutes because he frankly makes us a better team than OG (again, no disrespect to OG because he's very good too). I actually believe that Siakam is in line to get minutes close to 30, and sometimes even over that. A Lowry/Green/Kawhi/Siakam/Ibaka lineup is probably our best one. 

Now I'm not advocating that you drop proven contributors for him, but if you have a slumping bench guy or a waiver flier you wouldn't mind dropping, Siakam is very much worth taking a gamble on for the upside.

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 5

Looked like the real deal last night. Making plays and impacting the game on both ends of the floor. Really active on the boards and got some easy points in transition because of hustle. Length to get stocks. Perfect fit at the 4 because he's so athletic, plays defense, and doesn't bog things down in the paint so they can play Ibaka or Valanciunas next to him. 

Dropped in both leagues. As mentioned here, not enough stats to go around when the Raps aren't missing a key player. 

Man this guys always gotta cocktease us every time someone key is out. Even with a full squad, don't know why he can't atleast be a nightly double - double, even if it's not of the monster variety 

This guy is the real deal for dynasty. If Kawhi is gone next year as expected he will be gold. He is developing at an amazing rate for his age. Probably it has to do with the fact he started playing basketball very late so he is still learning what his abilities are. An amazing ballhandler for his size.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Broadcasters were drooling over this guy the whole game and for good reason.

Brings the energy and is a great fit in the starting 5 and will remain there.

No reason he should be on wires.

If he keeps this up (which he might), he will def be seeing 30 minutes a night...he provides the raps energy every time he’s on the floor and the coach is obsessed with him.

must be added in all standard leagues 

5 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Man this guys always gotta cocktease us every time someone key is out. Even with a full squad, don't know why he can't atleast be a nightly double - double, even if it's not of the monster variety 

Even the game everyone was playing 2 days ago he put up a solid line. 10/5/1 and a steal. His minutes will continue to trend up. It’s clear he’s a coach favourite and I could see his minutes closer to 29-30 when everyone is back and healthy as the season pregresses.

hes a work horse and should 110% be owned. 

• Like 2

This guy is the real deal.  I'm not sure he's quite owning in a 10 team league but he's a monster so far for 12+ team leagues.  He passes the eye test in that he gives 110% effort and is athletic.  I saw him play at rico hines on youtube and he was putting in work.  He's going to be very very solid.

Just now, wallacesnoop said:

For those on the Siakam train, what cats are you expecting him to contribute in?

FG%

Rebs

Steals

Very low TO

Also solid in points (when Kawhi is out..and that could be often this year)

....but overall, and most importantly, he never really hurts you anywhere. He can also knock down 1 three a game (hopefully can average like 0.7/game), but has been kind of cold so far from deep.

Overall, I like my end of bench guys (like Siakim), to just not hurt or tank me in certain Cats...which many end of bench guys tend to do (see Cedi).

1 hour ago, wallacesnoop said:

For those on the Siakam train, what cats are you expecting him to contribute in?

1 hour ago, crocp said:

FG%

Rebs

Steals

Very low TO

Also solid in points (when Kawhi is out..and that could be often this year)

....but overall, and most importantly, he never really hurts you anywhere. He can also knock down 1 three a game (hopefully can average like 0.7/game), but has been kind of cold so far from deep.

Overall, I like my end of bench guys (like Siakim), to just not hurt or tank me in certain Cats...which many end of bench guys tend to do (see Cedi).

Everything.  Look at his typical lines.  Monster.  The sick thing is that he has the potential for more, especially blocks, assists, and threes.

Long term upside / ceiling...possible top 15 ish.  

15 points on ridiculous 60% FG

1 three

10 rebounds

4 assists

2 steals

1 block 

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 1

Another great thing about Siakam is that he's so good for FG.  He's low volume by default, lots of at the rim attempts, so even when he's off he's only going 2-6 or 3-8 or something (only one game below 50% this year).  If he's taking a lot of shot attempts it's likely he's also making a lot of them and boosting your FG.  

On 08/10/2018 at 5:21 PM, LuN said:

If he gets enough minutes, maybe we could see 1/1/1 with 11/7/3 and hopefully better FT%. That would put him above Aminu.

0.3/1.2/0.5 on 11.3/7.4/2.2 so far..unfortunately with poor FT%, although small sample size there.

Too bad I dropped early on..going against my own prediction :(