crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Not for points leagues. That distinction belongs to Levert. But if Siakam starts grabbing more rebounds, then look out 

Not sure what league you were in, but levert was drafted in most leagues. He was 82% owned on Yahoo at start of season, now he’s 86%.

I had to reach Levert him around pick 90ish. His average drafted position was 93.

So I still give Siakim the WW of the year award.

• Like 2

Anyone viewing this has a sell high moment??i don’t know if his value gets higher this year. The guy is rolling right now. 

Edited by chud12

Just now, chud12 said:

Anyone viewing this has a sell high moment??i don’t know if his value gets higher this year. The guy is rolling right now. 

I think he is  a hold for ROS.  His role is clearly defined and Raptors will not make any trades.   What we see now is what we will get ROS

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Also wondering.

I know he can’t keep this up all year, but even just 75-80% of this current production will make him hard to trade for me.

who are some good targets to sell this guy high?

1 minute ago, crocp said:

Also wondering.

I know he can’t keep this up all year, but even just 75-80% of this current production will make him hard to trade for me.

who are some good targets to sell this guy high?

I was thinking of going after Lo Will personally. 

7 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I think he is  a hold for ROS.  His role is clearly defined and Raptors will not make any trades.   What we see now is what we will get ROS

He wont keep his FG up and hence his scoring

4 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

He wont keep his FG up and hence his scoring

Career 52%  FG, if you watch Raptors game 60% for the season is very likely.    What makes you think that he cannot keep his FG%?

• Like 1

Every time I see Siakam posts I get upset. Scooped him up om oct 17th then dropped him oct 22nd to stream the spot because I was losing a matchup. Bigges regret I could’ve had him and Harrell as the best 2 WW pickups.

33 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I want to sell him now, but in my league the other managers are obsessed with draft positions and names, not the actual production.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Career 52%  FG, if you watch Raptors game 60% for the season is very likely.    What makes you think that he cannot keep his FG%?

I will just happen, regression to the mean, thats it.

Just now, montanski said:

I want to sell him now, but in my league the other managers are obsessed with draft positions and names, not the actual production.

You should have a good shot at winning your league considering nobody takes notice of sleeper. Thats a dream league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ROTY said:

You should have a good shot at winning your league considering nobody takes notice of sleeper. Thats a dream league.

I am winning for now, so maybe i should be happy :P

Dude is transition freak... fg% will go through the roof. Anyone sceptical about his fantasy outlook this season should watch the game.

f--- Bledsoe, long live Siakam ?

• Haha 4

The funny thing is before last nights game I wrote a post on this thread that focused on how I thought Pascal would eventually become a passable three point shooter (30-35%) and make about a three per game. 

Then I just didn’t have the guts to post it because I’m all honesty there was no real statistical evidence for my position it was more a feeling based on the progression of his shot the past three years. 

Obviously last night doesn’t prove or disprove anything, but I do think that he chips in more threes this year than he has in the past which will help his value. Even getting to 40-60 threes on the year is a huge jump in value when it comes from a guy that gives across the board production in all categories. His final 9 cat value is going to be really high (like top 50) simply because he doesn’t have any real deficits (if he can give 40+ threes on the year). 

• Like 1

Anyone on here posting negatively about him is just mad they didn’t grab him off waivers. He seems to be playing well with or without Kawhi.. I’m going to enjoy the ride.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I want to see at least 1 3PM per game for me to finally pick him up, the rest of what he does is already really good. I just really need a 1-1-1 guy since I'm already on the line with Otto

• Like 1

16 hours ago, montanski said:

Thats the main obstacle when trying to sell him. I would say just ride out the Siakam train until someone notices the hype & offers a player. Till then Enjoy!

• Like 1

Jesus Lord this dude over the last 7 games or so is like 70% FG 80% FT, almost 10 reb, 2 assists, 2 steals, 18 points.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Jesus Lord this dude over the last 7 games or so is like 70% FG.  

This is why, other than the minutes, people aren't really buying where owners want to sell.  Even if he continues to get the minutes, the shots won't fall as they are now.

It's been only 12 games and he is FG% is only 63%.   Still waiting  for his FG% to drop.... to 62"  :D

And if you watch Raptors games, you will see that his shots are at the rim or open 3s.  

He is going to have 60% FG% for the season

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

It's been only 12 games and he is FG% is only 63%.   Still waiting  for his FG% to drop.... to 62"  :D

And if you watch Raptors games, you will see that his shots are at the rim or open 3s.  

He is going to have 60% FG% for the season

There's only been 43 seasons even where someone has averaged 60% or more on 8 or more attempts a game.  There's been only two players that didn't play close to the basket in that list: Cedric Maxwell and Johnny Dawkins.  Three if you include a dude from 1960.

I will guarantee that Pascal Siakam doesn't shoot over 60% this season, unless he like tears his ACL next week and his season ends, or something like that.

3 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

There's only been 43 seasons even where someone has averaged 60% or more on 8 or more attempts a game.  There's been only two players that didn't play close to the basket in that list: Cedric Maxwell and Johnny Dawkins.  Three if you include a dude from 1960.

I will guarantee that Pascal Siakam doesn't shoot over 60% this season, unless he like tears his ACL next week and his season ends, or something like that.

Bruh don't be coming round here with that bullchit. 

• Thanks 6