crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

every time we say he can't do something, he does it the next game.

 

Don't hit free throws....goes and hits free throws

 

Doesn't shoot 3s....goes and shoots 3s

 

Doesn't block shots...goes and blocks shots

 

NEXT: Doesn't get rebounds :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Kamura said:

every time we say he can't do something, he does it the next game.

 

Don't hit free throws....goes and hits free throws

 

Doesn't shoot 3s....goes and shoots 3s

 

Doesn't block shots...goes and blocks shots

 

NEXT: Doesn't get rebounds :P

 

Doesn't triple double.

 

(fingers crossed)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well maybe people are actually right that he will not hit %60 FG.. %65 anyone?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Kamura said:

every time we say he can't do something, he does it the next game.

 

Don't hit free throws....goes and hits free throws

 

Doesn't shoot 3s....goes and shoots 3s

 

Doesn't block shots...goes and blocks shots

 

NEXT: Doesn't get rebounds :P

Rebounds will be his weak spot all year long. His focus seems to be boxing out opposing bigs so other Raptor can get a rebound 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XOrad10 said:

 

 

What a fantastic perimeter player he is to be able to get buckets on Anthony Davis in the paint :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.11.2018 г. at 1:14 AM, montanski said:

I want to sell him now, but in my league the other managers are obsessed with draft positions and names, not the actual production.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok this guy is legit. And he has found a great niche in this team rebounding and starting the fast break.

 

I am all in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's crazy is that he also has real life upside in the passing game as a point forward which isn't necessarily showing up in boxscores yet. I doubt his role will expand enough mid-season for him to regularily post 5+ assist games anytime soon, but he's always passed the eye test there with his outlet passing, ability to handle the ball as a big and bbiq. If nurse gives him reign over bench units as a secondary playmaker, his value could skyrocket from good to great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has ESPN got this right? 2nd ranked PF in 9 cat right now behind only the one they call AD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Has ESPN got this right? 2nd ranked PF in 9 cat right now behind only the one they call AD?


Maybe on ESPN with their weird position eligibility. On Yahoo he's still got guys like Embiid, Jokic, Durant, Lebron etc in front of him. Among PF's on Yahoo he's currently #13 in 9-cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, misterj said:


Maybe on ESPN with their weird position eligibility. On Yahoo he's still got guys like Embiid, Jokic, Durant, Lebron etc in front of him. Among PF's on Yahoo he's currently #13 in 9-cat

Oh yeah, ESPN does it by primary position. Still 13 is damn good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kamura said:

Oh yeah, ESPN does it by primary position. Still 13 is damn good!


Oh hell yes.  Getting a top-40 player off waivers (which he currently is) is the stuff that wins you leagues. Cannot complain about this guy whatsoever. Even if his stats end up regressing a bit I think he'll still be considered one of the WW grabs of the year when its all said and done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, misterj said:


Maybe on ESPN with their weird position eligibility. On Yahoo he's still got guys like Embiid, Jokic, Durant, Lebron etc in front of him. Among PF's on Yahoo he's currently #13 in 9-cat

Oh yeah because Embiid and Jokic are definitely power forwards... :ph34r:

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Siakam, and am feeling sick for trading him away, but for owners wanting to know market value it was JV+Siakam for Nurkic+made room for John Collins.

 

I did it mostly to create roster space for Collins, or else wouldn’t have done it.

 

No one was biting on 1 for 1s, but a lot of interest in having him packaged.

 

I’ll miss him — honestly a huge WW scoop ala Covington from a few years ago. Enjoy him, he’s legit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ovofnd said:

I love Siakam, and am feeling sick for trading him away, but for owners wanting to know market value it was JV+Siakam for Nurkic+made room for John Collins.

 

I did it mostly to create roster space for Collins, or else wouldn’t have done it.

 

No one was biting on 1 for 1s, but a lot of interest in having him packaged.

 

I’ll miss him — honestly a huge WW scoop ala Covington from a few years ago. Enjoy him, he’s legit!

Isn`t that pretty low? I tried unsuccesfully to package him in week ago, but now everyone knows that he is legit... And i even don`t want to trade him anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ovofnd said:

I love Siakam, and am feeling sick for trading him away, but for owners wanting to know market value it was JV+Siakam for Nurkic+made room for John Collins.

 

I did it mostly to create roster space for Collins, or else wouldn’t have done it.

 

No one was biting on 1 for 1s, but a lot of interest in having him packaged.

 

I’ll miss him — honestly a huge WW scoop ala Covington from a few years ago. Enjoy him, he’s legit!

 

As a Siakim and Nurk owner..I would Never, ever, everrrrrr make this trade. JV + Siakim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nurk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, crocp said:

 

As a Siakim and Nurk owner..I would Never, ever, everrrrrr make this trade. JV + Siakim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nurk.

 

 

Even if it's straight up Siakam for Nurkic, I'd have to think long and hard. Add in JV... no way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, montanski said:

Isn`t that pretty low? I tried unsuccesfully to package him in week ago, but now everyone knows that he is legit... And i even don`t want to trade him anymore.

 

1 hour ago, crocp said:

 

As a Siakim and Nurk owner..I would Never, ever, everrrrrr make this trade. JV + Siakim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nurk.

 

 

58 minutes ago, cujosevic said:

 

Even if it's straight up Siakam for Nurkic, I'd have to think long and hard. Add in JV... no way!

 

Probably the only trade where I felt sick doing it. I wanted to take it back immediately.

 

It’s fine, the same manager traded Kemba/Middleton for Oladipo/Kyrie — I bought low on Kyrie during his slow start. You win some and lose some, I guess! Have had some good wins (flipping Jokic for AD, Gasol for Collins/JV/McCollum, etc). 

 

Not too fazed by it, but yes, I felt very sick trading Siakam+JV for Nurkic. I know people in our group chat tried to devalue Siakam and scare managers off so I wouldn’t net anything good too (“Flash in the pan, FG will regress”). Roto 9-cat, long season, etc.

 

Enjoy the ride, I miss him already! 

 

EDIT

I need some comforting now :lol: I haven’t felt that bad about a trade since my rookie fantasy year a decade ago — have a v good money league record winning 85% of the time and have never placed outside of top 3 in H2H or Roto. Ever. This is probably one I regret most. Speaks a lot about how good I consider Siakam! Don’t really care for JV.

 

I want my boy back!

Edited by ovofnd
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.