crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, SirMixalot said:

Because he was real sloppy,. Siakam has progressed well since his rookie season, and he's undoubtedly got a good mix of skill, motor and IQ, but he's still very prone to mistakes. I like seeing him bring up the ball in transition but he's still not where he needs to be as the primary ballhandler in halfcourt sets and he can be frustrating to watch when he's handling the ball.

Agreed. He did try to do too much. I wish he would just keep it simple.

Well, sparks flew, emotions ran high... but I think this wild ride is coming to an end. Doesn’t seem like he’s getting enough volume. Will keep my eye on him though 

1 hour ago, przngd said:

Well, sparks flew, emotions ran high... but I think this wild ride is coming to an end. Doesn’t seem like he’s getting enough volume. Will keep my eye on him though 

He's very much still a big part of what this team wants to do, and I think he would've done better if he had some time with the 2nd unit instead. Dude started against the Celtics. He played against a well-coached cohesive unit of All Stars and future All Stars. He'll be better.

They play Washington tonight and I hope Nurse starts OG at the 4 and has Pascal play off the bench. If so, I'd say he has a good chance to put up numbers.

Don't think he's going to be worth holding in standard leagues while the Raptors are healthy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Yeah, feels like he is more of a stash than anything at this point.

Agree. He is rapidly approaching the chopping block. Honestly, I don't even know what injury it would take to free him up for more minutes and a larger role. The Raptors are so deep that they can go a number of directions. Plus, we still haven't seen Wright and his length can allow them to run some pretty interesting lineups if they want to go really small. Very difficult to see the path to a breakout opportunity. 

21 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Agree. He is rapidly approaching the chopping block. Honestly, I don't even know what injury it would take to free him up for more minutes and a larger role. The Raptors are so deep that they can go a number of directions. Plus, we still haven't seen Wright and his length can allow them to run some pretty interesting lineups if they want to go really small. Very difficult to see the path to a breakout opportunity. 

In redrafts, agreed. The Raptors are incredibly stacked.

In dynasties, it probably goes without saying, but hold on for dear life.

5 minutes ago, Stallion said:

In redrafts, agreed. The Raptors are incredibly stacked.

In dynasties, it probably goes without saying, but hold on for dear life.

3 stocks and a 3 in 20 minutes? Not bad. He just needs the minutes!

Well he finally got the minutes with no OG today... but that’s an underwhelming line. Can’t say I’m excited about that.

Edited by tazdingo

He looks good out there and he has the trust of the coach. I'm holding (20 teamer)

Edited by flat_eric

3 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

He looks good out there and he has the trust of the coach. I'm holding (20 teamer)

Well, of course you're holding when the best available player on your wire is probably Ron Baker

• Haha 2

Watched the game today and felt like he probably would do better coming off the bench with the 2nd unit.

First unit doesn't need his offense. Only good thing is his assists come easier with the starters. He is kind of raw still and turned the ball over because he couldn't handle the ball. He also tried too hard to create chances for himself.

But I really like his energy and he is always looking for chances to take shots. He will find himself to be in the right place at the right time more often than not because of his hustle.

My conclusion would be to hold him in 14+ leagues, a drop in 12-team or shallower leagues, but he should be monitored at all times in case his minutes go up.

Edited by Gamecubesupreme
  • Like 1

I think he's a definite hold in 12+ team leagues - at whatever insanely cheap price you got him at, he's as good a bet to give you stats across the board without killing your FG.  But it's going to be rough some nights for sure...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

I think he's a definite hold in 12+ team leagues - at whatever insanely cheap price you got him at, he's as good a bet to give you stats across the board without killing your FG.  But it's going to be rough some nights for sure...

In 5 games so far he's had double digit points in 3 of them, at least 1 steal in 3 of them, 1 block in 3 of them, over 5 reb in 3 of them, 1 three pointer in 3 of them, and multiple assists in all of them.  

19 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

It was a link right in this very thread.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/15/pascal-siakam-toronto-raptors-fantasy-basketball-sleepers/

I do see the similarities though, but obviously Pascal isn't at Draymond's level yet. I think there is still a path to 25 MPG for him, and the fact that he's playing C also helps his fantasy value. His upside is evident as well when given minutes. 

Here’s a messed up tidbit: Yahoo quickly gave J-Rich and Doncic a SF tag but can’t give Pascal the C tag even though he’s also played C.

1 hour ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/15/pascal-siakam-toronto-raptors-fantasy-basketball-sleepers/

I do see the similarities though, but obviously Pascal isn't at Draymond's level yet. I think there is still a path to 25 MPG for him, and the fact that he's playing C also helps his fantasy value. His upside is evident as well when given minutes. 

• Like 1

Quick note, keep this thread about Pascal Siakam moving forward. Please stop with the back and forth about other Eastern Conference teams. This thread is focused on Siakam the player. If you want to continue the tangent this thread went on take it to PM. Thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Here’s a messed up tidbit: Yahoo quickly gave J-Rich and Doncic a SF tag but can’t give Pascal the C tag even though he’s also played C.

Exactly! I sent in a petition request w/ Yahoo to grant him the C tag, we'll see, but he should have been C eligible by now. 

23 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Not to detract too much from the Siakam thread, but if you think you have it bad when it comes to positions try Espn. They don't classify WCJ a C even though he's literally started every game there. J-Rich is listed soley as a SF. Mindless stuff. 

Ummmmm you should check again they gave WCJ C and Jrich SG about 4 days ago.

I am seriously eyeing Pascal. He's starting and all I am waiting for is consistent minutes in the upper 20's. The stats will come with he minutes.

Edited by Kamura

I’m not watching the game but he needs to get minutes. Look at this line he’s putting up.

18/8/2/ with 3 steals and a block. Just need to chip in a 3 or 2 lmao