crazybob60

Pascal Siakam 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

As a Toronto fan, I don't think he has a super high ceiling but he has a nice floor. Hope his shot keeps falling.

 

I think he has a really high ceiling if and when his 3pt shot gets consistency there isn't much stopping this guy. Great defender already. Super smart player. Super length and athleticism. Really good passing big. Sky is the limit. If you couldnt tell... You're my boi Pas! 

 

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

 

I think he has a really high ceiling if and when his 3pt shot gets consistency there isn't much stopping this guy. Great defender already. Super smart player. Super length and athleticism. Really good passing big. Sky is the limit. If you couldnt tell... You're my boi Pas! 

 

I hope so too man. It just looks like he needs a bit more finesse sometimes but he was destroying Utah with those moves/long arms. Plus, Utah is a good defensive team. 

 

Him an Anouby are the unsung heros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

Who is kawhaii? Is that a little known hawaiian island? 

Just some guy who is already resting for the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just have to play under control and work on his dribbling in traffic. But his speed and go to spin move destroys Bigs and his length gives smaller guys problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedRaider27 said:

Anyone moved this guy? What is his value?

I moved him into my starting lineup a while ago. 

This question is impossible to answer or give you any clarity or insight that you can apply to your league. Formats, competitiveness, etc. weight heavily into what someone will give up to get Pascal. His value is whatever one person in your league is willing to give up for him. I would guess a lot of leagues have people in them that don't even know who he is. I would advise you to make some trade offers and see if you can find an interested party and whatever you think is fair value for him. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I moved him into my starting lineup a while ago. 

This question is impossible to answer or give you any clarity or insight that you can apply to your league. Formats, competitiveness, etc. weight heavily into what someone will give up to get Pascal. His value is whatever one person in your league is willing to give up for him. I would guess a lot of leagues have people in them that don't even know who he is. I would advise you to make some trade offers and see if you can find an interested party and whatever you think is fair value for him. 

I moved him into my starting lineup a while ago, too. I just was wondering if anyone had traded him for something else. You're right about his name value though, most people still don't even know who is he really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Markillies said:

how is his usage rate if Kawhaii plays? 

USG with Kawhi: 14.8

USG without Kawhi: 19.63

 

Mins/g with Kawhi: 24.9

Mins/g without: 31.3 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

USG with Kawhi: 14.8

USG without Kawhi: 19.63

 

Mins/g with Kawhi: 24.9

Mins/g without: 31.3 

so there are some effective when Kawhi is playing, thanks for the numbers!

Edited by Markillies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude is playing big minutes even with OG and Kawhi back. Congrats to all who picked him up in time!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost traded this guy away for nothing near the beginning of the season.

 

Glad my trade offer was rejected!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROTY said:

Bledsoe has legit top 30 upside and Siakam as much as I love him, he will be lucky to scratch the top 70. You traded a guy at his lowest point for a guy that has been playing been playing at his ceiling. You played yourself. Just for an example, I got offered Bledsoe for Griffin and I was considering it. 

 

Also Klow for Kyle Lowry? Stop it. That's just cringe.

 

Are you serious?  Bledsoe is playing like complete a** right now and I don’t see how it could get better.  His usage is down 20% from last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Dude is playing big minutes even with OG and Kawhi back. Congrats to all who picked him up in time!

 

Sucks for me because OG and Kawhi's absences was exactly why I held off from picking him up despite the big lines.

 

But I guess Nurse finally found a way to give him big minutes even in that crowded rotation, so enjoy the ride owners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

 

Are you serious?  Bledsoe is playing like complete a** right now and I don’t see how it could get better.  His usage is down 20% from last season

Oh no you're right, 3 weeks into the season his fate is sealed.. he was only a top 35 player last season in the exact same situation. May as well trade Jokic for Nurkic now too seeing as Jokic is playing like a**. I love your logic.

 

And I bet Pascal will keep shooting 62%fg and Bledsoe 34%fg like they have over the last week lol foh

 

Short. Sighted. Noobs.

Edited by ROTY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsustainable shooting percentage but I’ll still enjoy the ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong, I love Siakam and I think he'll show great improvements this season, but sometimes I have to take the rookies to school. Class dismissed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Unsustainable shooting percentage but I’ll still enjoy the ride. 

Being Canadian  I've watched lots of Raptors games this year and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Siakam shots over 60% for the season. Dude takes smart shots, open 3s and close to the basket. His signature move (spin and dunk/layup) looks  unstoppable. His progress from last season is remarkable.  Definitely a keeper :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Oh no you're right, 3 weeks into the season his fate is sealed.. he was only a top 35 player last season in the exact same situation. May as well trade Jokic for Nurkic now too seeing as Jokic is playing like a**. I love your logic.

 

And I bet Pascal will keep shooting 62%fg and Bledsoe 34%fg like they have over the last week lol foh

 

Short. Sighted. Noobs.

 

Exact same situation?  New coach, new system, giannis having much higher usage...tf are you talking about.  I guarantee you bledsoe does not finish top 35 or even top 40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fantasyscrub said:

 

Exact same situation?  New coach, new system, giannis having much higher usage...tf are you talking about.  I guarantee you bledsoe does not finish top 35 or even top 40

I'll await your apology when Bledsoe finishes higher than Siakam. Just as a reference, Bled is the 69th ranked player playing the way he has ("like a*ss") and Siakam is the 60th ranked player playing out of his skin. You're going to look like a fool and live up to your name. Can't wait.

 

Can we bookmark comments? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROTY said:

I'll await your apology when Bledsoe finishes higher than Siakam. Just as a reference, Bled is the 69th ranked player playing the way he has ("like a*ss") and Siakam is the 60th ranked player playing out of his skin. You're going to look like a fool and live up to your name. Can't wait.

 

Can we bookmark comments? :lol:

Seeing as how I own bledsoe on all my teams, I would love for him to pick it up.  But I’ve watched him play all season and he’s a passive bystander of this offense.  12 ppg, 10 games into the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.