tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 6

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 6

Please read the announcement regarding waiver wire posts and the status of this thread going forward.

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 6 of the 2018 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

14 minutes ago, devaster said:

DJ Moore is intriguing. Needs some injuries to happen in Seattle to be relevant though.

huh? he's locked into WR3 and baldwin is a decoy 

Why are people so high on DJ Moore?  He's not seeing the volume i'd like to have on my roster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kdko said:

Why are people so high on DJ Moore?  He's not seeing the volume i'd like to have on my roster.

Because he's a 1st round pick whose usage is trending in the right direction.  He started the year further down the depth chart, then after a big play in Week 2 Rivera was saying they need to find ways to get DJ the ball more.  Week 3 didn't produce much, but then coming out of Week 4 bye he got 4 of 4 targets for 49 yards.  Torrey Smith went from 7 targets Week 2 to 6 targets Week 3 to 1 target Week 5.  It's pretty clear that Moore is moving up the depth chart there, and more targets are coming.  And aside from Funchess there's no WR on that roster he couldn't pass up with another good game or two.

That's why people are saying things like "DJ Moore stash" or "last chance to get him free".  Talent and opportunity are coming together and after a 4-49 Week 5, if he continues gaining looks in that offense Week 6 then people will be scrambling for him Week 7.  Get ahead of the rush.

• Like 1

Don't forget there is Curtis Samuel who just came back and now Olsen. Too many mouths for Moore to do much especially with an inaccurate qb throwing the ball

• Like 3

Hello yall!

First time user but wondering if yall could point me in the right direction when it comes to advising on who I should start. Do not know if there is a thread for this discussion. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Szer0 said:

This is for players whose bench allows for TNF players to be dropped afterwards...

Wayne Gallman Jr as in a just in case s--- hits the fan kind of stash

I like this one.  Everyone I'm sure grabbed Clement and Smallwood, but Josh Adams also fits this narrative.  Grab Adams and/or Gallman before tonight, see how the game goes, and then just drop them afterwards if nothing happens.  

Edited by Fort4242

2 minutes ago, UFGator said:

Cool Story Bro.  Most posters on this site don’t really care about your specific league happenings.  There is a thread called “Cool Story Bro” for those types of posts.

Ahhh gotcha. My bad.  Figured it was relevant since it consists of the waiver wire but, that makes sense since it is league specific.

on topic then.

might be worth taking a stab again at marlon Mack.

anyone taking interest in jamaal Charles?

• Thanks 1

I'm sure they've all been mentioned but specifically  if you're already well on your way to the playoffs and are going for upside picks I like:

Ronald Jones, Chris Ivory, Courtland Sutton, DJ Moore

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but Marquez Valdes-Scantling.  Cobb and Allison both DNP today.

1 minute ago, Fort4242 said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but Marquez Valdes-Scantling.  Cobb and Allison both DNP today.

Rob DemovskyVerified account @RobDemovsky
FollowingFollowing @RobDemovsky
More

Randall Cobb and Geronimo Allison were surprise participants in practice after indications were they would both be in the rehab group because of their hamstring injuries. They even took some reps in the 11-on-11 unit drill. https://es.pn/2RGUZfO 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

Rob DemovskyVerified account @RobDemovsky
FollowingFollowing @RobDemovsky
More

Randall Cobb and Geronimo Allison were surprise participants in practice after indications were they would both be in the rehab group because of their hamstring injuries. They even took some reps in the 11-on-11 unit drill. https://es.pn/2RGUZfO 

Damn did not see that at all - thanks for the update.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 9:53 PM, KA13 said:

QB

Baker Mayfield - Turnovers may still be a problem, but Mayfield has arguably the best upcoming schedule a QB can ask for. Faces a Rams defense this week, who have been exploitable past 2 weeks, but the real money is after that. Mayfield has breakout potential and great streaming appeal as he will have chance to exploit some very weak defenses, as he gets Buccaneers Week 7, Steelers Week 8, Chiefs Week 9, and Falcons Week 10 before heading into bye. 

He doesn't play against the Rams D this week...he plays against the other LA team.

B)

On 10/9/2018 at 9:53 PM, KA13 said:

I like really the Gallman stash. They actually included him in the receiving game last night and with the amount of usage Saquon was getting, an injury is not out of the question. Gallman didn't look bad with his runs either. 

Anyone else in deep 2QB leagues itching to add Chad Kelly?

Every starting QB is owned, and I’m not sure how much longer Keenum’s leash will be. 

• Like 1

Chester Rogers and Ryan Grant if you need some WR fill ins this week.  Jets secondary is banged up - Trumaine and Skrine out this week.  Hilton and Doyle out for the Colts this week.  Both teams have beatable defenses and could be a mini-shoot out.  Decent Over/Under in the game too so I'm targeting these 2 guys for help this week.  

6 hours ago, Stratocasters said:

He doesn't play against the Rams D this week...he plays against the other LA team.

B)

Yeah haha my bad, slight error.

2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Chester Rogers and Ryan Grant if you need some WR fill ins this week.  Jets secondary is banged up - Trumaine and Skrine out this week.  Hilton and Doyle out for the Colts this week.  Both teams have beatable defenses and could be a mini-shoot out.  Decent Over/Under in the game too so I'm targeting these 2 guys for help this week.  

lean to Rogers IMO. Jets missing their slot CB. Rogers with 22 targets 16 rec last 2 weeks.

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2018 at 9:19 AM, Fort4242 said:

I like this one.  Everyone I'm sure grabbed Clement and Smallwood, but Josh Adams also fits this narrative.  Grab Adams and/or Gallman before tonight, see how the game goes, and then just drop them afterwards if nothing happens.  

Can you do this?  I know at least in my league that even if the guy is on your bench once their team plays that week they are locked onto your roster until after the Monday Night games.

33 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Can you do this?  I know at least in my league that even if the guy is on your bench once their team plays that week they are locked onto your roster until after the Monday Night games.

You can drop players from your bench after they play on Yahoo, but you can’t on ESPN.   Not sure about the other platforms.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You can drop players from your bench after they play on Yahoo, but you can’t on ESPN.   Not sure about the other platforms.

You can drop also on NFL.com and CBS is same as Espn in that you cannot.

Thompson out, Bibbs could be a flex play for someone in a bind, especially in PPR