Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Are mods really necesssary?

Posted (edited)

Or would we, as civilized human beings, just take care of our own as it is?

[...] I've heard a lot of complaints as of late. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed specious comparison to law enforcement that was muddling the underlying complaint and derailing the thread.
  • Like 4

I think they go overboard sometimes with deleting/editing posts(censoring). But they are necessary IMO. This board is very organized and much easier to navigate than other forums I've visited where basically anything goes. 

Posted (edited)

Sometimes they are needed as some threads get out of hand quickly, ie...Le'Veon Bell, Josh Gordon, just to name a few.

Or like right now where people are upping Player Spotlight threads instead of using GameDay thread.

Edited by nonstopfan

Posted (edited)

Of course MODs are needed. None of you see the otherside of the coin. 

It free flowing human interaction is water, then the Moderation is a DAM that controls that flow. 

Now the level of commitment to CoC is starting to create a semi oppressive atmophoser? Sorta, speaking as someone who's been a member for 7 years. At the same time i'm pretty sure this sites popularity has risen. So a laze-fair approach just wont don't anymore.

I don't think the MODs created the CoC, they are simply the middle-management following orders. There is a problem, but i'm not sure there is an easy solution. 

Also say good-bye to this thread lol

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I think they go overboard sometimes with deleting/editing posts(censoring). But they are necessary IMO. This board is very organized and much easier to navigate than other forums I've visited where basically anything goes. 

Agreed. Game day threads for banter you'll be left alone in there.

I don’t like it when the Mods make it their life meaning to catch everything little glitch. But thats just me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, fingers said:

Agreed. Game day threads for banter you'll be left alone in there.

they delete posts there too and go overboard sometimes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay so I'm not the only one who thought it was over moderated around here.

It's definitely necessary....there are some really immature posters and guys who think these forums revolve around their fantasy teams. These guys volunteer their own time and don't get paid for it, so big kudos to them.

But it can feel like they're micromanaging sometimes, though I know they have good intentions.

• Like 3

I actually don't think it's too bad...the only posts I see getting deleted are CSBs which I hate seeing in player threads anyway

They go overboard at times. I see some people get away with simply posting "LOL" in threads yet other people get edited to "remove CSB", etc., etc. Inconsistent. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Seems like there is contempt for the NFL forum user base. 

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeffnsee said:

I actually don't think it's too bad...the only posts I see getting deleted are CSBs which I hate seeing in player threads anyway

Yeah, but on a moral level seeing the pretentiousness of someone calling out "CSB" to some person who hasn't the faintest clue one way or another...I mean it's the internet. There's a "get a life' element here.

• Like 2

If users were allowed to delete their own posts the mods would surely have a lot less work to do

• Like 2

Mods are fine. I’m sure they’re under compensated and now have to see this. They can delete the entire Derrick Henry thread while they’re at it.

• Haha 1

I'm sure the mods are probably thinking to themselves, "do we really want to spend our voluntary time to help preside over this ungrateful, unruly bunch in a thankless endeavor?"

huh? The mods here are pretty laid back. if you're getting your stuff mod'd away a lot frankly you're either constantly posting in the wrong threads or constantly name calling or CSB'ing too much. People on this board get a good amount of leeway and you really have to go out of your way to get a post wiped. That's been my experience here for the last 4 or 5 years. 

And no, we as civilized beings can not take care of our own without mods--it's the internet. if it wasn't for mods this board would descend in to mostly s----posting and trolls just like lots of other boards without decent mods. 

I've had like 2 posts get wiped in my time here. In one of them I literally called a guy a dick. I deserved it. More than likely if your post was mod'd you probably deserved it too. Mods do an important and underappreciated job. 

• Like 3

I must apologize on my ignorance on the subject of the internet mods here in general. 

Is this a paid gig? If so, they probably have rules they have to uphold in order to get paid. 

But if it's voluntary, I mean. Chill. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

I'm sure the mods are probably thinking to themselves, "do we really want to spend our voluntary time to help preside over this ungrateful, unruly bunch in a thankless endeavor?"

Then when they aren't thinking that, they are probably thinking "I should go remove this thread that is relevant to fantasy football, and has a group of people that want to discuss the topic, but it doesn't fit into our hidden, secret ambiguous rules of what can be a thread and what can't".

There is a decidedly more...draconian approach to moderating this year than in years past.  As has been noted both here and in the baseball forums by many.

• Like 3

Just now, BMcP said:

There is a decidedly more...draconian approach to moderating this year than in years past.  As has been noted both here and in the baseball forums by many.

I've noticed that as well. But nothing to complain about too much yet.

• Like 1

If they don't do anything stupid, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with them tbh.  And I can't see anyone really caring enough about a post to get mad about someone deleting their post tbh.  It's just a forum on a sport, none of this is serious enough to get upset about

Posted (edited)

Worst thread I have ever seen. This pathetic excuse for a thread is proof we need mods.

Edited by Gohawks

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...

If I’m in a Jordan Howard thread and I’m listing the tier of guys I’d start/not start him over, that’s hell of a lot more relevant than nonsense memes and personal attacks/vendattes which are a commonplace here. Yet the latter seem to be the type of posts that make the cut...

• Like 2