The_Idiot

Trophy Traditions

Been playing fantasy baseball for about 20 years.  4 years ago we finally switched to a Keeper league.  It is 10 team 5x5 Roto.  I took the title for the first time last year and backed that up with another win this year.  Last year I decided it would be a fun idea to create myself a trophy. It made the competition this year even better as other wanted the opportunity.

Any one else have any trophy traditions for your leagues?

2017 and 2018 Fantasy Baseball Card Trophies.jpg

• Like 1

Long term !leagues with very low turnover would be best, as you did. I like it a lot , the league will remain stronger 

My dynasty league has been running for 10 years now. 

Its not that exciting but the champion gets a Bobble Head. I’ll be receiving that for the first time in the next few weeks ?

12 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

Its not that exciting but the champion gets a Bobble Head. I’ll be receiving that for the first time in the next few weeks ?

A bobble head of the champ, or one of the champ's players? Pic?

2 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Local league I'm in has a trophy of a horses a**.  

For first or last?

One of our longtime leaguemates passed away during this season, he was our defending champion and so we have decided to honor him by creating a trophy named for him moving forward that goes to our champ.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, parrothead said:

One of our longtime leaguemates passed away during this season, he was our defending champion and so we have decided to honor him by creating a trophy named for him moving forward that goes to our champ.  

That’s really,really awesome.

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2018 at 9:33 AM, Grinner said:

A bobble head of the champ, or one of the champ's players? Pic?

Neither haha

the commish said it just came in today.

I didn’t receive it yet but was surprised to see it came from CBS SPORTS site. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 1:48 PM, parrothead said:

Exactly what we did many years ago.  There are plaques on each side to engrave the names of each year's champion who gets to keep the trophy for that year and then pass it on.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:21 PM, Under500Forever said:

We also do the bobbleheads from CBS

Edited by STLSU
  • Like 1

My dynasty League has been up for 20 years now.  We bought a trophy around year 5.  Its just a cup, but we keep adding wooden rings on the bottom with the league winner's name on it.  5 winners to a ring, then a new ring.  Next year we add the 5th ring to it.  Yeah, we stole the idea from  the Stanley Cup, but its still fun.

• Like 1

We're about 23 years into our league. We have a trophy that the winner holds for the year and his named added to reflect our history. We also have the horse's a** trophy for last place.

I built this trophy for our league.  The idea was to pass it around to the winner each year, like The Stanley Cup, but the idea of that makes me a little nervous, so, so far, I keep it and just update the champion plaques on the sides.  We have an alternate gnome figurine in lieu of the bobble head at the moment, but I don't have a photo.  We also had a Peter Gammons bobble head at one point.

SFRL Trophy Small.jpg

A longterm league from HS, we created a super low-budget trophy back in the day. Went to Home Depot, bought a large ceramic pot, gray spray paint, and maroon acrylic paint.

Made it sorta like the stanley cup where the champion's team name is painted on next to the year annually. It's ugliness is what makes it special. The previous year's winner paints on the new champion's name every year at our "Winter Meetings" held on Christmas Eve-Eve and hands the trophy over.

2omek1.jpg

*Passing of the Potato Bowl 2013

loser in our league has to buy a year subscription to NaughtyAmerica.com and give everyone the ID and password in the league, its great when the losers wife see's the credit card statement. 

• Haha 1