Sign in to follow this  
Donqueefa

Jusuf Nurkic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Monster line tonight (against Gobert!!). Plays awesome in pre-season, my guess is a career year so far and top 50 fantasy player.

• Like 1

My only concern for this big guy is his TOs. It hurts af. Aside from that, his rebs and stocks are all decent (not really elite but can pull you up on h2h).

3 hours ago, DM45 said:

I didn't know this dude could shoot three's, having a huge game tonight

He can now . . . 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

All centers are popping threes now lol 

Not all of them, only the ones who want to remain in the NBA. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

He always had soft touch, he just needs to improve his FT%>70% and TO<2.5 and with the newfound threys he is easy top 50-70 player (currently drafted around 90-100)

He’s being picked up in 5th round of most competitive redraft leagues.  He’s basically what miles turner is supposed to be.  No way you should be drafting weak sauce al horford over this guy.  That default ranking is good for the savy owners that pick him where he should be picked.

• Like 1

didn't really follow him last season, why was he a headache? His averages look pretty good minus the FT% and TO's..and he played 79 games...yet he's ranked pretty low (#103 in Yahoo).

1 hour ago, LuN said:

didn't really follow him last season, why was he a headache? His averages look pretty good minus the FT% and TO's..and he played 79 games...yet he's ranked pretty low (#103 in Yahoo).

Stotts is pretty inconsistent with his minutes, and would sit him a lot of the time late in the 4th last season in favour of Ed Davis. Now that Ed is gone (:() and Nurk has gotten a long term deal, its likely he gets more of a vote of confidence from Stotts. Unless Collins takes a big step forward, Nurkic could be in for a big year, hes still young so there is upside here. 

Also he can be pretty inconsistent, one night put up 20/20 with 3 blocks then go 2/7 from the field and play 2 minutes the next. 

Edited by Boogie Buckets

i picked him up with the 101st pick, which shocked me....i remember him being a top 50 pick last year and although he underperformed, i'm expecting a bounce back season.

Im so up on him, i got him at pick 84 paired with an early round pick of gobert and think its an amazing punt FT big combo outside the predictable howard/drummond/DeAndre Jordan

• Like 2

Tough decisions I have faced running mocks and couple real drafts so far

In the range where you grab him 75-90 range, you have younger studs like: JJJ/Wender Carter/Isaacs 

Are you going with youth/tremendous upside, or do you grab Nurk...though now that he’s added a trey to his arsenal...this even gets harder to decide 

Edited by IDatDude

38 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

In the range where you grab him 75-90 range, you have younger studs like: JJJ/Wender Carter/Isaacs 

Are you going with youth/tremendous upside, or do you grab Nurk...though now that he’s added a trey to his arsenal...this even gets harder to decide 

nurk and its not close. also nurk is 24

• Like 5

2 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Definitely Nurkic.  An established starter with a couple years in the league, not at his prime, who is essentially the third option on his team versus unproven rookies.  

• Like 3

Interestingly, Nurk has hit on 81% of his FTs this preseason, including an 8/9 game and a 4/4 game.

I wonder if there's anything there, or if it's an anomaly.. 

Got him at 96 and i am impressed with his preseason. In 10 team roto with Gobert, Embiid and bunch of players with 84%+ on FT, i will pray for their health :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alexstr said:

Interestingly, Nurk has hit on 81% of his FTs this preseason, including an 8/9 game and a 4/4 game.

I wonder if there's anything there, or if it's an anomaly.. 

You take Nurk with the expectation that hes going to be a pain on the FT end, you either have him in a punt build coupled with another bad FT big or you pair him with huge FT bonus guys to level it out.. if you level him out hes not the worst FT big anyway so it can be fixed, and if he improves its just a bonus! and you may be solid in that slot and if not its no big deal. If youve paired him with another bad FT big and he improves it doesnt really matter because your other FT big will tank it anyway

Id rather make preperations that he WONT improve and then if he does its just a bonus than to pick him in a build he doesnt fit just because and hoping it improves. Not saying thats what youre doing but just close your eyes when he shoots his FTs because it doesnt matter and it will save you the stress week in and week out

1 hour ago, montanski said:

Got him at 96 and i am impressed with his preseason. In 10 team roto with Gobert, Embiid and bunch of players with 84%+ on FT, i will pray for their health :)

I think gobert and nurk is an amazing pairing, its the same i have.. They arent the biggest FT hit guys but i still think its silly to spend the rest of your draft trying to make up for their FT rather than just forgetting about it and improving your strong points. if they shoot good FT then you might compete there against the lower FT teams in your league and if not you should still win your 6 strong cats which should be BLK REB FG TO AST and STL if you built right

15 minutes ago, JaydensGuys said:

I think gobert and nurk is an amazing pairing, its the same i have.. They arent the biggest FT hit guys but i still think its silly to spend the rest of your draft trying to make up for their FT rather than just forgetting about it and improving your strong points. if they shoot good FT then you might compete there against the lower FT teams in your league and if not you should still win your 6 strong cats which should be BLK REB FG TO AST and STL if you built right

This "bunch of players" is in my sign. :) When I finished the draft i realized that all of the others are good on FT (i didn`t think to make up for their weak FT%).

What you think for my team? May be i have some injury prones, but if healthy...

34 minutes ago, montanski said:

This "bunch of players" is in my sign. :) When I finished the draft i realized that all of the others are good on FT (i didn`t think to make up for their weak FT%).

What you think for my team? May be i have some injury prones, but if healthy...

Yeah nah i cant see a list of players in your signature 

5 minutes ago, JaydensGuys said:

Yeah nah i cant see a list of players in your signature 

PG: Paul, Irving, Bledsoe, Thomas;

SG: G. Harris, LeVert;

SF: Durant, Barton;

PF: Mirotic, Portis;

C: Embiid, Gobert, Nurkic;