Sign in to follow this  
Donqueefa

Jusuf Nurkic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, chnzshyguy said:

Seth Curry, Harkless, or Kanter?  All are available for pickup in my league...

if you lost nurk and need to replace big man stats grab kanter, if need 3s and mix of other stuff I would go for harkless

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, richg24 said:

if you lost nurk and need to replace big man stats grab kanter, if need 3s and mix of other stuff I would go for harkless

How about Collins? Blocks specialist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nurk Alert

 

He gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks in fantasy, sucks way more in real life. At least for owners he went down in flames after a monster night that was good for about 2 games worth of stats. Just terrible timing before playoffs. I guess this reinforces all the coach decisions to rest their key players down the stretch...each game not played is one less chance for some trash like this to happen. I don't agree with the resting and stuff as a whole but I see why it's done from a team standpoint. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, richg24 said:

Sucks in fantasy, sucks way more in real life. At least for owners he went down in flames after a monster night that was good for about 2 games worth of stats. Just terrible timing before playoffs. I guess this reinforces all the coach decisions to rest their key players down the stretch...each game not played is one less chance for some trash like this to happen. I don't agree with the resting and stuff as a whole but I see why it's done from a team standpoint. 

 

No, it doesn't. Freak accidents are not prevented by sitting games out.

 

It's one thing if he tore his achilles or his hamstring. Breaks, fractures, are completely random. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tremixt said:

 

No, it doesn't. Freak accidents are not prevented by sitting games out.

 

It's one thing if he tore his achilles or his hamstring. Breaks, fractures, are completely random. 

They are actually. Less games played = less chance of being injured over the course of a season. All else equal, if Nurkic plays 82 games in a season he is more likely to be injured than he if played 65. That is 17 less games played that he could have a serious injury in. Seems very straight forward. The injuries themselves I agree with you are random, but they are more likely to occur over a larger sample of games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

Why are there so many such injuries in recent years? I'ven't heard it in the past.

Last year wasnt great either. Cousins and Porzingis went down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

 

 

As tough as it still is/was, appears to have dodged a bullet somewhat. Ligament (edit. well they didn't really mention ligaments to be exact, so we'll still see about that) or god forbid nerve damage and a much more uncertain road ahead. Bone healing should be a much more straightforward affair, and dude might be ready to go some time next season. PG13 for comparison snapped his leg beginning of August and was back for the last 6 games beginning of April next year. 8 months. Everyone's a unique case, but with this kind of timetable, we would be looking at a return around New Year. When he will be back to beasting is a thing of its own. Took a while for PG13 e.g.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2019 at 1:19 AM, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

 

As tough as it still is/was, appears to have dodged a bullet somewhat. Ligament (edit. well they didn't really mention ligaments to be exact, so we'll still see about that) or god forbid nerve damage and a much more uncertain road ahead. Bone healing should be a much more straightforward affair, and dude might be ready to go some time next season. PG13 for comparison snapped his leg beginning of August and was back for the last 6 games beginning of April next year. 8 months. Everyone's a unique case, but with this kind of timetable, we would be looking at a return around New Year. When he will be back to beasting is a thing of its own. Took a while for PG13 e.g.

It's a lot different for an athletic freak like PG coming back compared to a big guy like nurk who has weight/conditioning issues as is. I feel for him man, I really do he was gonna have a great career, but odds are this will destroy it. ******** sad bro i love nurk. hope he can recover but i will root for him in real life next season, not fantasy. 

Edited by richg24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.