Sign in to follow this  
Donqueefa

Jusuf Nurkic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, montanski said:

This "bunch of players" is in my sign. :) When I finished the draft i realized that all of the others are good on FT (i didn`t think to make up for their weak FT%).

What you think for my team? May be i have some injury prones, but if healthy...

 

 

signatures don't show on mobile phones, which is what most people use to browse the net nowadays....i asked the mods how to fix this last year, but they didn't seem to have an answer.

 

i think the admins need to prioritize that issue with the forum tbh. kinda hinders the usage of the assistant coach forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JaydensGuys said:

Im on a laptop tho?

 

thats strange, its most likely still runnings the mobile version of the site if you can’t see signatures 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scienze said:

 

thats strange, its most likely still runnings the mobile version of the site if you can’t see signatures 

 

Gonna go ahead and use my brain to put 2 and 2 together here since im using mobile hotspot for my internet B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaydensGuys said:

 

Gonna go ahead and use my brain to put 2 and 2 together here since im using mobile hotspot for my internet B)

 

lol there u go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes because of foul trouble. He did well while he was on the floor though. Collins is clearly a better defensive option, which is a concern because they might play him over Nurk in close games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dboywong said:

17 minutes because of foul trouble. He did well while he was on the floor though. Collins is clearly a better defensive option, which is a concern because they might play him over Nurk in close games. 

 

That’s really jumping the gun isn’t it?? It’s game one of the reg.  Season lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up 3 quick fouls early in the 3rd.  His line tonight was almost entirely from the first half so he did look good.

 

Zach was bossing it though on D (because he's good) and performances like this will make it easier for the coaching staff to lean on Collins in the future.  For now Nurk's job should still be safe – don't forget he signed a new 4-year deal this summer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dboywong said:

17 minutes because of foul trouble. He did well while he was on the floor though. Collins is clearly a better defensive option, which is a concern because they might play him over Nurk in close games. 

Chill, Nurk is the best defensive player in Portland and my guess he will be a nightly double-double threat, with nice stocks and good percentages.

Definitely top 60 potential

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong. I'm fully invested in Nurkic in redraft and keeper leagues. What I took from watching tonight's game was he is the best offensive big on the roster but does commit silly fouls and turnovers. Stotts decided to keep Collins on the floor even with 5 fouls so he must have thought he was better on defense as Lakers were trying to claw their way back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nurkic is the better defender, but its not by as much as you’d think. Lakers went small and Collins has the ability to be a perfect small ball center so it worked out. Against most centers in the league Nurk will get the priority unless hes in foul trouble, don’t be too worried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes.  $hitts sits him 4 minutes into the 2nd half and never puts him back in the game. Some things never change.  This is why they signed him to a new four-year contract. Brilliant.  :rolleyes:

Edited by magic32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't worry at all. The foul trouble limited him, but in those 17 mins his stats were great. Nurkic is gonna be good this year although I believe in a couple years Zach is gonna be better, right now he isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem here is that Blazzers` coach never plays with Zach at 4 and Nurk at 5. There is no way against Philly, Minny or Suns, for example, Stotts to play Zach big mins. However, if they play against small ball team they will bench Nurkic for most of the game. So I (and other managers who own Nurkic) should consider in some games to put him on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, he looked great out there and would have had easily had 26/12 if not for foul trouble...Regardless of matchups. strange move by coach...He was playing well. so you might as well played him until he fouled out, then put Zach in...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he was looking great in those 17 minutes though

 

felt like he had 20-15 in the first half .. he’ll be just fine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

I wouldn't worry at all. The foul trouble limited him, but in those 17 mins his stats were great. Nurkic is gonna be good this year although I believe in a couple years Zach is gonna be better, right now he isn't.

 

when he had 4 fouls, it was around the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. If a starter is in foul trouble, you sit him for a bit, then put him in the game. You don't sit him for the rest of the game when you practically have an entire half of basketball left to play, ESPECIALLY if he was doing so damn well up to that point.  It just makes zero sense.  I cannot believe that Javale got more minutes than he did. I would have thought at least when Javale was put in the game, they would put Nurkic in, but no. Unreal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, montanski said:

The problem here is that Blazzers` coach never plays with Zach at 4 and Nurk at 5. There is no way against Philly, Minny or Suns, for example, Stotts to play Zach big mins. However, if they play against small ball team they will bench Nurkic for most of the game. So I (and other managers who own Nurkic) should consider in some games to put him on the bench.

 

Who would you consider those small ball teams to be that you would sit Nurkic for that game? I guess the Warriors are obvious until they get Cousins back. 

Edited by magic32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magic32 said:

 

when he had 4 fouls, it was around the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. If a starter is in foul trouble, you sit him for a bit, then put him in the game. You don't sit him for the rest of the game when you practically have an entire half of basketball left to play, ESPECIALLY if he was doing so damn well up to that point.  It just makes zero sense.  I cannot believe that Javale got more minutes than he did. I would have thought at least when Javale was put in the game, they would put Nurkic in, but no. Unreal. 

 

Exactly, I kept waiting and waiting and nada...Very weird!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scienze said:

he was looking great in those 17 minutes though

 

felt like he had 20-15 in the first half .. he’ll be just fine 

 

well we don't know if he will be just fine. His play may be just fine, but not if he gets under 20 minutes. You cant really expect any player to put up 16 and 9 in 17 minutes. If Stotts would sit him when he is playing so well, imagine what he would do when he's not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, magic32 said:

 

well we don't know if he will be just fine. His play may be just fine, but not if he gets under 20 minutes. You cant really expect any player to put up 16 and 9 in 17 minutes. If Stotts would sit him when he is playing so well, imagine what he would do when he's not!

 

 

hes not guna get under 20 minutes LOL!

 

he was in foul trouble

 

relax 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, magic32 said:

 

when he had 4 fouls, it was around the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. If a starter is in foul trouble, you sit him for a bit, then put him in the game. You don't sit him for the rest of the game when you practically have an entire half of basketball left to play, ESPECIALLY if he was doing so damn well up to that point.  It just makes zero sense.  I cannot believe that Javale got more minutes than he did. I would have thought at least when Javale was put in the game, they would put Nurkic in, but no. Unreal. 

 

When the backup plays so well why should you take him out of the game? After all it's Nurkic, not Lillard that will close the game no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, magic32 said:

 

when he had 4 fouls, it was around the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. If a starter is in foul trouble, you sit him for a bit, then put him in the game. You don't sit him for the rest of the game when you practically have an entire half of basketball left to play, ESPECIALLY if he was doing so damn well up to that point.  It just makes zero sense.  I cannot believe that Javale got more minutes than he did. I would have thought at least when Javale was put in the game, they would put Nurkic in, but no. Unreal. 

 

zach collins was ballin out his mind, so coach rode with him .. it happens

 

if it wasn’t for the foul trouble, nurkic woulda played at least another 10 mins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nurk looked good last night. Minutes were limited because it's the lakers and they play small and fast and he also was in foul trouble throughout. this is the most positive thing you can see...overcoming low minutes and foul trouble and still producing a very useful line. very positive imo. future looks bright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.