Sign in to follow this  
Donqueefa

Jusuf Nurkic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, magic32 said:

because the starter was playing even better. 16 points (on 50% shooting/100% FT shooting) 9 rebounds (6 offensive!), 2 steals in 17 minutes???

Collins was great with blocks, but didn't do much else, and his defense is not superior to Nurkic. He also had even MORE fouls than Nurkic, yet Stotts NEVER took him out. If anything, he should have taken him out so he can have a breather. He almost played the entire 2nd half, he is definitely not used to that.

Maybe if the Lakers were only playing a smaller lineup, that can at least be his excuse, but what about when they put Javale back in the game?  It just makes no sense. 

You guys really don't understand basketball 

With Nurkic in the court Portland was -17, with Collins they were +24

So coach did it wrong? I don't think so

Maybe Nurkic was playing well from a fantasy perspective but team worked much better with Collins as the plus/minus demontrates, they won the game too

Edited by LosingEffort

Just now, miasma16 said:

Collins is slow and can't defend the perimeter. He's about as good at protecting the rim as Spencer Hawes was. He's bad defensively at both forward spots, and good offensively because he can shoot and has some skill in the post. You have no clue what you're talking about.

SPENCER HAWES! That guy had 3 yrs in which he fooled me into thinking that he was a really good player... Until I actually saw him play. Miss him tough. ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Maybe just maybe he wanted to win the game and didn't care about your fantasy team. I guess he succeeded with Zach posting +24.

those stats are irrelevant.  Seth Curry had a +18 and Lillard had a -8 so I guess according to your logic, he should have benched lillard in place of him?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, magic32 said:

those stats are irrelevant.  Seth Curry had a +18 and Lillard had a -8 so I guess according to your logic, he should have benched lillard in place of him?

Seth Curry played just against reserves while Collins also against starters

The fact that Nurkic had worst minus of the team (-17) demonstrates coach's decision was right

6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Collins is slow and can't defend the perimeter. He's about as good at protecting the rim as Spencer Hawes was. He's bad defensively at both frontcourt spots, and good offensively because he can shoot and has some skill in the post. You have no clue what you're talking about.

No, you don’t know what youre talking about. I’m a Portland fan so I guarantee I have watched Collins play significantly more than you have. He is a great rim protecter and if you’ve watched a single interview of his you’d know hes aware defense is his best ability and his teammates all say the same thing. Zach has shown ability to stretch the floor but for you to think he has some skill in the post shows you’re totally misinformed because he would be lucky to score off a post move on a smaller defender maybe once a game. His plus minus for yesterdays game wasnt because he came in and dropped 6 whole points on the Lakers, it was because they couldn’t finish around the rim anymore compared to their absurd points in the paint while Nurkic was there. Do your research

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

You guys really don't understand basketball 

With Nurkic in the court Portland was -17, with Collins they were +24

So coach did it wrong? I don't think so

Maybe Nurkic was playing well from a fantasy perspective but team worked much better with Collins as the plus/minus demontrates, they won the game too

no, YOU don't understand basketball. Those numbers can be extremely misleading. There are millions of examples of great players having great games with a - and total scrubs having a + even though they didn't do anything.   like I said Seth Curry had a + 18 and Damian Lillard had a -8. So you think that Lillard should have been subbed out for him?

Nurkic is nowhere as important as Lillard is. I told before, you cannot keep Lillard out of the game in the end, but you can certainly keep Nurkic or Aminu or anybody else except maybe for CJ. Why do you have to take it too far? It's either he trusts him or he doesn't? Collins had a hell of a game yesterday, I don't think we can expect him to play consistently on that level. You really think Nurk will average under 20 mins? Why all that drama? You keep saying Stotts does this and that and the Blazers finished 3rd last year and they started with a W this year, I guess he knows his job. When Nurkic is good he keeps him in the game when he is not he goes out, when he is garbage like the playoffs he sees 20 mins. And you make it sound like a big deal that he signed an extension. Turner got a billion dollars and he plays 20 mins, the contract means nothing.

1 minute ago, Boogie Buckets said:

No, you don’t know what youre talking about. I’m a Portland fan so I guarantee I have watched Collins play significantly more than you have. He is a great rim protecter and if you’ve watched a single interview of his you’d know hes aware defense is his best ability and his teammates all say the same thing. Zach has shown ability to stretch the floor but for you to think he has some skill in the post shows you’re totally misinformed because he would be lucky to score off a post move on a smaller defender maybe once a game. His plus minus for yesterdays game wasnt because he came in and dropped 6 whole points on the Lakers, it was because they couldn’t finish around the rim anymore compared to their absurd points in the paint while Nurkic was there. Do your research

k

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Seth Curry played just against reserves while Collins also against starters

The fact that Nurkic had worst minus of the team (-17) demonstrates coach's decision was right

the only the only thing it demonstrates is that you're using a stat in your argument that can be absolutely irrelevant

2 minutes ago, magic32 said:

no, YOU don't understand basketball. Those numbers can be extremely misleading. There are millions of examples of great players having great games with a - and total scrubs having a + even though they didn't do anything.   like I said Seth Curry had a + 18 and Damian Lillard had a -8. So you think that Lillard should have been subbed out for him?

I repeat 

Nurkic had worst - of entire team

Coach had to lose the game to make you win your fantasy game?

3 minutes ago, magic32 said:

the only the only thing it demonstrates is that you're using a stat in your argument that can be absolutely irrelevant

The only thing relevant is they won the game and if you watched It Collins worked better defensively against Lakers offense

If you just watched the stats why are you talking?

Edited by LosingEffort

I wouldn't waste this much hand cramping on this gents.  They play a team with a real center tomorrow and you'll be able to analyze and adjust accordingly.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Nurkic is nowhere as important as Lillard is. I told before, you cannot keep Lillard out of the game in the end, but you can certainly keep Nurkic or Aminu or anybody else except maybe for CJ. Why do you have to take it too far? It's either he trusts him or he doesn't? Collins had a hell of a game yesterday, I don't think we can expect him to play consistently on that level. You really think Nurk will average under 20 mins? Why all that drama? You keep saying Stotts does this and that and the Blazers finished 3rd last year and they started with a W this year, I guess he knows his job. When Nurkic is good he keeps him in the game when he is not he goes out, when he is garbage like the playoffs he sees 20 mins. And you make it sound like a big deal that he signed an extension. Turner got a billion dollars and he plays 20 mins, the contract means nothing.

no I don't think he's going to average 20 but I do think his minutes will be messed around with all year by stotts because that's all he's ever done since he was his coach. That's the point.

why in the world are you bringing up random blazers achievements? I can do the same with the reverse and bring up the fact that they got swept by a lesser team last year in the playoffs! As many good things you can post about stotts, I can post negative so don't even go there. 

I repeat 

Nurkic had worst - of entire team

Coach had to lose the game to make you win your fantasy game?

I repeat that's stat does not matter. And for all you know, the Blazers could have won by a lot more points if they actually played him in the second half

I repeat that's stat does not matter. And for all you know, the Blazers could have won by a lot more points if they actually played him in the second half

you might as well just die on this hill now because nurkic was the worst player on the floor last night

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, panthers93 said:

you might as well just die on this hill now because nurkic was the worst player on the floor last night

nah Aminu exists

The only thing relevant is they won the game and if you watched It Collins worked better defensively against Lakers offense

If you just watched the stats why are you talking?

I watched the game, buddy.  Nurkic was practically dominating. Collins played well but by no means should he have played almost the entire second half. things could have gone differently if Nurkic was in the game,  including the Lakers being forced to not play Kuzma at C as much and and  the Blazers could have won easier than they did.

5 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

When Nurkic is good he keeps him in the game when he is not he goes out, when he is garbage like the playoffs he sees 20 mins. And you make it sound like a big deal that he signed an extension. Turner got a billion dollars and he plays 20 mins, the contract means nothing.

This I whole-heartedly agree with. Now I didn’t watch the game, but in general, with centers, right or wrong this is the NBA now. Depending upon matchups and how the game is going, smaller lineups or how they are playing can take them out and limit their minutes. 

Just about no center is exempt from this. It happens to JV. It happened to Gasol last year (which is what got Fizdale fired). It happens to Whiteside. It happens to just about all the so called tradtional centers at one point or another. Money doesn’t matter. Unless it’s tank time, coaches want to win.

And sometimes depending upon how a game is going, you can be a non center and be benched for crunch time. See Kyrie’s first game

2 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

nah Aminu exists

i think aminu got in his own head after they messed up the call when lebron charged, but yeah he was bad too

8 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

Wtf? Hahaha! In just 17 minutes, he had 16 points and 9 rebounds, 2 steals,  hit half his shots and all his free throws and you think he was the worst player on the floor? Wow.

Edited by magic32
  • Like 2

Wtf? Hahaha! In just 17 minutes, he had 16 points and 9 rebounds, a steal,  hit half his shots and all his free throws and you think he was the worst player on the floor? Wow.

this guy gets on his high horse about +/- and then uses points and rebounds to support a losing argument lol

i know you're a nurkic owner but he sucked last game

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, panthers93 said:

this guy gets on his high horse about +/- and then uses points and rebounds to support a losing argument lol

i know you're a nurkic owner but he sucked last game

This guy is  blind if he thinks nurkic sucked last game

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, magic32 said:

I watched the game, buddy.  Nurkic was practically dominating. Collins played well but by no means should he have played almost the entire second half. things could have gone differently if Nurkic was in the game,  including the Lakers being forced to not play Kuzma at C as much and and  the Blazers could have won easier than they did.

Nurkic was dominating but team had -17 with him in the floor