iowncrazyhair

Derrick White 2018-2019 Season Outlook

14 hours ago, richg24 said:

His production does. If Gay averages 20 ppg then you can bet anything White is not going to average 15. You are misinformed. 

Easy example:

He (Curry) is a point guard, Durant is a forward. His (Durants) minutes and production have nothing to do with Curry. 

There is your same statement but see how wrong it sounds now? Check Curry numbers when Durant is out and Durant numbers when Curry is out. Look at the difference. 

Meh, not a good comparison because neither Gay nor White are high-usage players under any scenario.

I looked into the numbers and you are correct though as far as offensive usage.  

*White in 11 December games playing WITH Gay:  15% usage rate, 26 minutes, 7 points, 4 assists, 3 reb, .5 3pm, 1.7 stl, .8 blk (#91 ranked player in 9 cats per BBM)

*White in 5 January games playing WITHOUT Gay:  19% usage rate, 33 minutes, 16 points, 5 assists, 5 reb, 1 3pm, .4 stl, 1 blk (#95 ranked player in 9 cats per BBM)

Small sample sizes obviously in this snap-shot of games, but based on the numbers it's obvious White's offensive usage does drop quite a bit when Gay is in the lineup.  But since White's value isn't really based on gaudy scoring or assist numbers (high useage) to begin with,  I don't think Gay's presence in the lineup will tank his value.  Since White is the starting PG and Gay does not play PG, Gay's presence in the lineup should have no affect on White's minutes....and as long as White gets 26+ minutes he should produce a floor of top 100 roto value.  That's what I was hoping for in him as a waiver-wire pickup:  a glue-guy with well-rounded stat lines with a sprinkling of 3pm, stocks and assists.... not a high-usage scoring machine.

Edited by El_Chingon

7 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Is this guy even worth owning anymore?  Thinking of dropping him for Korver...

ROS outlook? 

Don't do that.  White is an up and coming player with a high floor due to his stocks and percentages.  Korver will be attending Bingo nights in a few years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Is this guy even worth owning anymore?  Thinking of dropping him for Korver...

ROS outlook? 

He only had one (1) bad game. Lol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

its not a dynasty league lol

So what? White's been balling for weeks now. Will you drop him cuz of a one bad game? lol

• Like 1

Something I noticed watching Spurs games is that White seems too concerned of what Pop thinks & don't just call their plays himself. Being passive & not vocal are things that he usually doesn't like with young players. He had a hard time with Tony with this as well while Dejounte & Hill didn't have much of a leash. 

2 hours ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Something I noticed watching Spurs games is that White seems too concerned of what Pop thinks & don't just call their plays himself. Being passive & not vocal are things that he usually doesn't like with young players. He had a hard time with Tony with this as well while Dejounte & Hill didn't have much of a leash. 

Yea, White was so passive last night. Really frustrating 2 watch. Without Derozen all he did most of the time was stand in the corner. But in all honestly 90 percent of the Spurs playbook is posting up Aldridge and Gay on the block which is what I am sure Pop is calling from the bench. I don’t know what White could do there even if that’s how Pop is running things. Slow and boring. 

What you call passive, slow or boring others might call efficient.  Can't complain about a line of 15/6/3, 6 of 8 from the field with only 2 turnovers. 

27 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

What you call passive, slow or boring others might call efficient.  Can't complain about a line of 15/6/3, 6 of 8 from the field with only 2 turnovers. 

Lol my point was that’s how Pop wants him to play so yea it’s passive by design and the Spurs style is slow and boring Also by design. I never complained about Whites line last night. Clearly Pop doesn’t give White much freedom at all offensively. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lol my point was that’s how Pop wants him to play so yea it’s passive by design and the Spurs style is slow and boring Also by design. I never complained about Whites line last night. 

Sorry for misunderstanding but you had literally just mentioned being frustrated about how "passive" he was last night.  To me that's confusing because he was super-efficient which is a good thing.

27 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Sorry for misunderstanding but you had literally just mentioned being frustrated about how "passive" he was last night.  To me that's confusing because he was super-efficient which is a good thing.

I literally said there is not much White can do if that’s how he wants him to play so yea the line was fine. It’s nws either way we are talking about the Spurs and a rookie here, White will always be one bad play from Poss. Being benched.  

32 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I literally said there is not much White can do if that’s how he wants him to play so yea the line was fine. It’s nws either way we are talking about the Spurs and a rookie here, White will always be one bad play from Poss. Being benched.  

He's not a rookie, and his role is stable so I strongly disagree he is one play from being benched....perfect player for spur system and Pop has raved about him.

11 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

He's not a rookie, and his role is stable so I strongly disagree he is one play from being benched....perfect player for spur system and Pop has raved about him.

White barley played his first year so it’s essentisliy his rookie season.  Regardless I love the consistency he brings but these 6/8 shooting lines have to stop eventually. Nobody is this good shooting (60 percent for the last month) so the low usage will eventually hurt White but hey maybe it continues ros. (I hope it does). 

4 minutes ago, overtime2000 said:

Been pretty crap lately

When he doesn't shot great you get lines like this which will prob. happen more often than not now because he was on such a heater for a month plus. But at least the minutes are there and he low key fills it up still. 

• Like 1

Regret dropping this dude on two teams.. Know what's killing me right now, FG%. This dudes FG% is unreal. Made a big mistake. If Winslow don't make a splash this week and nobody notices White on the wire, I'm snatching him on and holding on. Won't blow you away with points, but brings everything thing else.

1 minute ago, Forever Smooth said:

Regret dropping this dude on two teams.. Know what's killing me right now, FG%. This dudes FG% is unreal. Made a big mistake. If Winslow don't make a splash this week and nobody notices White on the wire, I'm snatching him on and holding on. Won't blow you away with points, but brings everything thing else.

Made the same mistake. I also have Winslow. The only difference is someone claimed White when I dropped him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

Made the same mistake. I also have Winslow. The only difference is someone claimed White when I dropped him.

Noticed something, when White plays well, Spurs win. When he doesn't they lose. Derozan might have to share the rock for team success. I don't like Spur players for fantasy, but Pop don't have the luxury for resting players anymore. So in my opinion, grabbing White and keeping is a must. Meanwhile the Heat are sliding and Dragic will be back in the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, Forever Smooth said:

Noticed something, when White plays well, Spurs win. When he doesn't they lose. Derozan might have to share the rock for team success. I don't like Spur players for fantasy, but Pop don't have the luxury for resting players anymore. So in my opinion, grabbing White and keeping is a must. Meanwhile the Heat are sliding and Dragic will be back in the coming weeks.

Agree White is a keeper. I do think Winslow will keep the starting job even when Dragic back. Can the heat really count on Dragic to stay healthy tho?

I take that back. Gragic is set go for arthroscopic knee surgery and miss the next two months. Arthroscopic knee surgery is not that bad, just need time for recovery.   Nah, thinking Dragic days are numbered as a starter in Miami.. Still, per Winslow's minutes and what he's showing, still rather have White. Winslow gotta' of room now though.

Edited by Forever Smooth

3 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

I take that back. Gragic is set go for arthroscopic knee surgery and miss the next two months. Arthroscopic knee surgery is not that bad, just need time for recovery.   Nah, thinking Dragic days are numbered as a starter in Miami.. Still, per Winslow's minutes and what he's showing, still rather have White. Winslow gotta' of room now though.

I thought Dragic already underwent surgery?

3 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

I thought Dragic already underwent surgery?

Yeah Dec 19 update. Soo after the break, which I seriously doubt he'll be in the starting lineup or have a significant amount of playing time. Heat gotta log jam at the wing spots.