iowncrazyhair

Derrick White 2018-2019 Season Outlook

21 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

nvm I just dropped him. Popivich is very cautious with players especially since he is a huge part of their future. I think he will wait till actual playoffs or close to end of season to bring him back

I also had to drop him, got Huerter instead.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

I also had to drop him, got Huerter instead.

feels bad man. my team was really rounding off to shape. picked up isaac

17 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I was about to do the same, but Isaac got snatched up a couple hours earlier.  I’m gonna hold but I’m weary of Pop and how the Spurs will handle White post ASB

1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Did the same. 

Gonna hold with LeVert coming back I can swap them and hopefully there is clearer updates as his potential is better than everything on our ww. 

What's the thinking with dynasty league on D White?

He was just dropped in my league and I'm light on for PG position, worth a high waiver add?

Will he be a lock to big mins even with Dejounte back?

6 minutes ago, westernrangers said:

What's the thinking with dynasty league on D White?

He was just dropped in my league and I'm light on for PG position, worth a high waiver add?

Will he be a lock to big mins even with Dejounte back?

Timeshare in SA as always ... to me white and dejounte both are better role players and not the longterm answer at pg there.

I cut bait as well. Had to with AD, Levert, Booker, Galli, and Murray on the mend. 

I dont think anyone will run to pick up today if drop. My guess hes out beyond ASB. 3-4 weeks and could be picked back up. 

I think white has a decent future in SA. Earned trust of Pop. Hes got modest value in dynasty league moving forward.

I play in ROTO league and I am holding, because nobody else on the WW I can trust with the floor of top 80. White has a strong stat set. No weakness and can give you a little of everything even on an off night. Can put up a 9-cat gem when he's on. If you already have a comfortable lead, I think you should be holding. 

4 hours ago, sickrookie said:

Glad that I didn't drop. Will probably only miss 3 games.

"Should be back" doesn't sound like the biggest vote of confidence. It's a tricky injury. The reality is the Spurs themselves don't really know how long it will take to recover from.

Unless you are in 10-team and MAYBE in a 12-team, don't drop. The Spurs know how to manage injuries and I trust that when he returns he will round back to form. My league is 14 teams 9-cat that goes from 210-240 players deep with IL so there's no chance I drop him for the best WW add (James Johnson, Felicio?) unless he's out for the year. They will be battling for playoff position come March-April so there is incentive for them to play him as well. Hes a fg% stud as a guard, reliable in stocks and has his scoring/rebounding moments. LOVE his fantasy value, best FA add I made this season, gonna be hard to top

On 2/7/2019 at 6:00 AM, Fantasyhero said:

Timeshare in SA as always ... to me white and dejounte both are better role players and not the longterm answer at pg there.

You can’t be serious. Dejounte Murray was on his way to becoming one of the best defensive PG and his offensive game is improving as the next Pop guy. He is the future of the franchise as Tony Parker handed the torch to him. And you are saying he is not the longterm answer? 

As for White, he is another Pop guy that is playing excellent defense and improving on offense as well. The only thing keeping him from a 30-minutes a game guy is injury. And not anybody can be a 30-min guy in Pop rotation. So potential is there. If healthy, at worst he is Peak George Hill. And that was good to be starter PG for some playoff teams. 

To get back to the dynasty topic. White is a hold. And Dejounte is definitely a hold. 

• Like 1

Plantar in BOTH feet is already a bad sign, he is forced to defend the opposing teams best player and was a fill in to allow DeRozan some time to get adjusted. I’d approach with caution

I'm worried about his Plantar as well. It isn't an injury that seems to go away when it gets fixed as a broken finger bone does. It's something that lingers constantly and although I'm very high on White I'm worried that he'll play another 8-10 games and have to rest for some time again. I'm between him and Cody Zeller for a WW pick up.

I dropped him but am tempted now to get him back ... would have to drop JJJ though 

Derozan is on record saying he’s glad White will be back after the ASB. They need him for this playoff push. I’d say the time to pick him up is now. Really surprising so many teams dropped.

1 hour ago, TonyRomo said:

Derozan is on record saying he’s glad White will be back after the ASB. They need him for this playoff push. I’d say the time to pick him up is now. Really surprising so many teams dropped.

Ya he will be back but plantar doesnt't generally go away just like that. It's constant pain in the foot he would have to deal with. Good measure of pain tolerance and as a rookie i don't see hin playing through much pain spurs wont allow. I expect him to come back and miss games often

6 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

I dropped him but am tempted now to get him back ... would have to drop JJJ though 

JJJ has way more upside. I definitely would not drop him for White.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-07 at 6:00 AM, Fantasyhero said:

All NBA team player is a role player?  If anything Murray is the future at pg

9 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Yikes, Kawhi says otherwise

The Spurs weren't in charge of Kawhi's recovery. everyone who followed that would know 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 10:38 AM, Gile Pile said:

All NBA team player is a role player?  If anything Murray is the future at pg

I could see both murray and white starting next season with Forbes assuming the Belinelli role