Sign in to follow this  
shakestreet

10/7/2018 Game Day Thread

20 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

So who had Brock Holt hitting for the cycle and the pitcher being Austin Romine. 

romine  and severino have equal ERA

Boone has looked like a complete moron on the post-game.  Saying "well I only had Betances for 1 -inning tonight"  Uh ok so you ended up not using him at all. He should've been in for the 4th inning bases loaded, not Lance Lynn.  Admits Severino never looked good in the game, but wanted to see him get through the bottom of the order.

Another big problem is Severino not starting to throw until 8 minutes prior to gametime.  Pitchers like to throw about 40 pitches to warmup and do that at least 20 minutes before gametime.  Typcially 30-35 minutes before the start of the game.  That falls on the coaching.  That should never happen, let alone in a playoff game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Astros are the WS Champions don't know about the rest of the quote so I kind of see his point that they should be on in primetime. I would imagine the casual fans would get tired of Boston/New York being rammed down their throats. Even for me, it gets tiresome and on a Monday night made it an easy choice to watch the same old teams or watch Monday Night Raw.

Except that the Yankee-Red Sox series including this one have way higher TV ratings than any others.  I just saw an article that the first two games of this series were setting ratings records.  When Houston becomes a national team like the Yankees and Sox BOTH are with fans everywhere and they have an arch rivalry that goes back a century featuring some of the greatest names in baseball history, well let me know then.  Until then it will be Yankee-Sox, Cubs-Cards and Dodgers-Giants series that will always top the ratings.

It was fun reading this thread tonight.  Yeah Boone made mistakes but his players have to hit and pitch too.  In the end it is the players who decide these things.  And as a Sox fan, thank goodness David Price is out of this series for the duration now. hah.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Except that the Yankee-Red Sox series including this one have way higher TV ratings than any others.  I just saw an article that the first two games of this series were setting ratings records.  When Houston becomes a national team like the Yankees and Sox BOTH are with fans everywhere and they have an arch rivalry that goes back a century featuring some of the greatest names in baseball history, well let me know then.  Until then it will be Yankee-Sox, Cubs-Cards and Dodgers-Giants series that will always top the ratings.

It was fun reading this thread tonight.  Yeah Boone made mistakes but his players have to hit and pitch too.  In the end it is the players who decide these things.  And as a Sox fan, thank goodness David Price is out of this series for the duration now. hah.

That is the main reason ratings. It is also the reason why Saturday day baseball seems to be Yankees*Red Sox are always the choice which is why I said for the casual fan would like to see some different teams being featured. Get some localized interest to gather more interest in the game. There are a lot of people that have a weekend off or work days so the time they get to watch is limited

As for national interest won't ever change. Population centers are in the North East. On the plus side, Monday Night Raw wasn't bad. And the Yankees getting creamed was nice.

Edited by Low and Away