DidiFan

Chris Paul 2018-19 Season Outlook

Kind of surprised there wasn't a thread on him for this year yet. Maybe old or boring? Injuries are a concern of course but he was still great on a per game basis though! How do people value CP3 in his 2nd year with Harden and D'Antoni? 

More of the same, with a probable slight uptick in assists with his boy Melo being there in place of Ariza & Mbah a Moute.

46% | 91% | 2.4 3PM | 5.4 REB | 8.1 AST | 1.7 STL | 0.2 BLK | 2.2 TO | 17.5 PTS

I drafted him 18th overall to pair with Jokic. It will all depend on games played. 

Part of me thinks CP3 will be more comfortable playing in the system his second year, but then I remember that he is 33 and always injured. I think you need to pencil him in for 55-65 games and if he gives you more than you are pleasantly surprised. Harden and CP3 cannibalize each other a bit and if they add Buckets then I would be really worried about another dip. Overall, I just can't pull the trigger on him in the top 20 for 8 cat roto. 

His false claim of Rondo spitting on him makes me dislike this man even more then I did for years of burning me in fantasy when it mattered the most before I wised up. He is just the worst person in the NBA.

• Confused 1

Anyone know the timing on the suspension ? So, will he play tonight ?

Ugh I wish he wasn’t such a piece of s--- as a person as I think he’s a 9 cat roto gem and bought him for sub $40 in a few leagues.   

38 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn

FollowFollow @wojespn
More

With the NBA’s Kiki VanDeWeghe on the scene at Staples, investigation into Rockets-Lakers fight is underway tonight and there is potential for suspensions as soon as Sunday, league source tells ESPN. Rockets play Clippers on a back-to-back.

42 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

My guess is that we'll hear about it by end of day today or first thing Monday morning..

CP3 owners should be bracing themselves for at least a 5-game suspension.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CORTEz said:

My guess is that we'll hear about it by end of day today or first thing Monday morning..

CP3 owners should be bracing themselves for at least a 5-game suspension.

I'd say he gets a 5 game suspension at most.  If I had to bet $ he'll get 2.  1 for thrown punches and 1 for landing one.

Edited by ragrag

15 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

His false claim of Rondo spitting on him makes me dislike this man even more then I did for years of burning me in fantasy when it mattered the most before I wised up. He is just the worst person in the NBA.

I wish I knew what you are rolling your eyes at. Chris Paul is a straight up jerk man. If he was a nice guy this wouldn't matter as much. He's always been a jerk and a bad teammate generally . If you want to root for him go ahead. I have no issue. 

3 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Any word on if he is playing tonight?

no suspension news yet... also, he has appeal rights.

My understanding of appeal rights is that anything under 12 games is appealed directly to the league commissioner, aka: the person who just issued the suspension, so it's unlikely to go anywhere...  Much like appealing a speeding ticket directly to the cop who wrote it.  lol.

Suspensions >12 games (or a certain amount of $ on the fine) and it goes to an arbitrator.   He swung and landed, regardless as to how he's provoked, that costs a minimum of 2 games.  He got the minimum here.

Edited by ragrag
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ragrag said:

My understanding of appeal rights is that anything under 12 games is appealed directly to the league commissioner, aka: the person who just issued the suspension, so it's unlikely to go anywhere...  Much like appealing a speeding ticket directly to the cop who wrote it.  lol.

Suspensions >12 games (or a certain amount of $ on the fine) and it goes to an arbitrator.  He isn't going to appeal this.  He swung and landed, regardless as to how he's provoked, that costs a minimum of 2 games.  He got the minimum here.

I think the poster was anticipating more than two games which Paul would have appealed.  But two games is fair considering what he did.  So you’re right he won’t appeal.  

• Like 1

The suspension distribution is a damn joke. How does Rondo get more when CP3 is clearly the one that started the entire thing? Although it makes sense. NBA has to protect CP3.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I don't like him either  but there's video that shows pretty clearly that Rondo spat on him. 

• Like 3