• Announcements

    • tonycpsu

      Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

      We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
fawkes_mulder

Rajon Rondo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

So any news from Walton/coaching staff about it being a matchup thing or the Line-up they Will role with going forward ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

So any news from Walton/coaching staff about it being a matchup thing or the Line-up they Will role with going forward ?

none. holding tho. I just cant get a guy off the wire who can just get 10 dimes on any given night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lonzo is expected back after the ASB right? In which case Rondo only has 2 more games before Lonzo is back anyway, so even if they don't play any more Bullock at PG rotations his time is almost up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Lonzo is expected back after the ASB right? In which case Rondo only has 2 more games before Lonzo is back anyway, so even if they don't play any more Bullock at PG rotations his time is almost up.

 

Lonzos timetable was pretty optimistic. could be out a few more weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

 

Lonzos timetable was pretty optimistic. could be out a few more weeks 

 

Fair, he was given a 4-6 week timetable and All Star Weekend is the 4 week mark, so Rondo may have another week or two.

 

Although given he'll certainly be back before fantasy playoffs I think i'm going to move onto someone with stronger ROS outlook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i did searching on lonzo ball and the only thing i found was Brad turner saying on LA times lonzo should return after the ASB. I think everyones hope was rondo would tear it up and steal the job so that even if lonzo was to return his role would be deminished. Rondo has been doing well until last game when he went to the bench. Tomorrow will be make it or break it for rondo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd hold Rondo for a while, not expecting Lonzo back from a grade 3 sprain until late March at the earliest.

 

Delly had a grade 3 last year and was given a 4 week return timetable...missed 9 weeks

RJax had a grade 3 last year and was given a 6-8 week return timetable...missed 12 weeks

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s crazy that just after one game — and it was a matchup situation — everyone wants to bail on rondo. Imma keep rolling with the guy unless some flier stud appears (Kadeem - might pounce on that kid - he can straight up ball).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rondo's as valuable as bron in the lakers right now. not only his assists but also his exp as a vet which he shares on and off the court. i don't expect lonzo to be back anytime soon, so better hold on to this guy here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

It’s crazy that just after one game — and it was a matchup situation — everyone wants to bail on rondo. Imma keep rolling with the guy unless some flier stud appears (Kadeem - might pounce on that kid - he can straight up ball).

Exactly, but people react to one game without putting any thought in.  Sure, I could understand bailing if Walton came out and said that Rondo was coming off the bench permanently, but you still have to assume it was the matchup until further notice.  I know I'm still rolling Rondo out there tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

It looks like idiot Walton is rolling with the same starting 5 as last game.... because it worked out so well right... f*cking goon -_-

Source??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont think thats an actual crediable source but to be honest i wouldn't be suprised if they stuck with the same line up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

i dont think thats an actual crediable source but to be honest i wouldn't be suprised if they stuck with the same line up.

It has been pretty accurate. Earlier today, it had Rondo starting... recently, that'a changed. Luke Walton needs to be fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

It has been pretty accurate. Earlier today, it had Rondo starting... recently, that'a changed. Luke Walton needs to be fired.

They are all expected lineups, not the actual official starting lineups.

I'm not saying he won't be a moron and roll out the same starting lineup, and maybe these have actually been accurate in the past, but I'm still going to wait and see before I bench Rondo tonight.

If Rondo doesn't start, which would be an idiotic move, then I have no interest in using him.  As I said after Sunday's game, it would be really stupid to do this as Bullock is a total waste in the starting lineup as he will continue to get no shots unless he's hot right out of the gate in a particular game.  A pass-first player like Rondo fits with their starting lineup really well.  Bullock is a solid player, but their bench was awful in the last game, so Bullock couldn't do anything but improve it and would then have plenty of shots if he wanted them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lineup note: Lakers will start LeBron, Bullock, Ingram, Kuzma, McGee on Tuesday.

 

The balloon has burst on Rondo's value it seems. 

On a side note, it seems we can't bold anything with this new platform. 

Edited by chud12
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

They are all expected lineups, not the actual official starting lineups.

I'm not saying he won't be a moron and roll out the same starting lineup, and maybe these have actually been accurate in the past, but I'm still going to wait and see before I bench Rondo tonight.

If Rondo doesn't start, which would be an idiotic move, then I have no interest in using him.  As I said after Sunday's game, it would be really stupid to do this as Bullock is a total waste in the starting lineup as he will continue to get no shots unless he's hot right out of the gate in a particular game.  A pass-first player like Rondo fits with their starting lineup really well.  Bullock is a solid player, but their bench was awful in the last game, so Bullock couldn't do anything but improve it and would then have plenty of shots if he wanted them.

Fire Walton!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lineup note: Lakers will start LeBron, Bullock, Ingram, Kuzma, McGee on Tuesday.

 

The balloon has burst on Rondo's value it seems. 

On a side note, it seems we can't bold anything with this new platform. 

 

Lol is Bron guarding Trea Young lol, wtf is going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.