fawkes_mulder

Rajon Rondo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

That was an impressive line. Don't need the 5to but won't argue with that whole line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sick line...but do they shut him down now that Lakers playoff hopes are pretty much dead?

Edited by gymchamp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gymchamp said:

Sick line...but do they shut him down now that Lakers playoff hopes are pretty much dead?

 

Isnt he on a 1 year deal? dont think theyd shut down a soon to be FA

id be more concerned as a Lebron owner of a shutdown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I start him he stinks it up, and every time I bench him he ball out. I'll give you guys a heads up on whether I'm plugging him into my starting line up next time..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

 

Isnt he on a 1 year deal? dont think theyd shut down a soon to be FA

id be more concerned as a Lebron owner of a shutdown

He's on a one year deal because the Lakers want maximum flexibility in the offseason to sign max level free agents. All these guys on one year deals prob won't be on the team next year so to me the Lakers have little incentive to play these guys in a lost season. I mean I guess they need to play someone lol and with Ingram and now Kuz hurt there will obviously be more minutes. I just don't see them trotting Rondo out for 35+ minutes going forward when they have nothing to play for. For sure they would have if they were fighting for the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So,  what do we think about him for ROS? Ingram is OFS, Ball is right behind him, Kuzma is banged up and I doubt LBJ will play much since the LAKERS suck. Rondo is the last man standing so far. Can he bring the stats to your fantasy team with playing with the Left Over Lakers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So Ball is also out of the way

 

Edited by dorwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dorwell said:

So Ball is also out of the way

 

Music to my ears. Don't get me wrong, I wish pain on nobody. But as a Rondo owner, this is encouraging news. I need assist in a big way. So hopefully this helps out all of us who have shares of Rajon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What to expect from Rondo ROS? I’m in desperate need of assists and he’s sitting there in waivers

Wonder if the Lakers will give him enough minutes or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Strikk3r said:

What to expect from Rondo ROS? I’m in desperate need of assists and he’s sitting there in waivers

Wonder if the Lakers will give him enough minutes or not.

 

if you're asking this type of question you have a long way to go in building you fantasy IQ.  Keep studying grasshoppa.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

 

if you're asking this type of question you have a long way to go in building you fantasy IQ.  Keep studying grasshoppa.  

Am I missing something obvious, or an announcement from Lakers about the minutes Rondo will be getting?

Let me try again. My question is not about Rondo’s ability to provide assists. But more about how much minutes he’s getting, or maybe if there is a probability that Lakers cut his minutes or even shut him down etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strikk3r said:

Am I missing something obvious, or an announcement from Lakers about the minutes Rondo will be getting?

Let me try again. My question is not about Rondo’s ability to provide assists. But more about how much minutes he’s getting, or maybe if there is a probability that Lakers cut his minutes or even shut him down etc.

How are we supposed to know that? We have the same information as you do, unless there is someone here who has a friend or relative within the Lakers organization. I think he'll be getting minutes since Lonzo is out but you never know, I wouldn't be too surprised if they decide to shut down pretty much every veteran on the squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Strikk3r said:

Am I missing something obvious, or an announcement from Lakers about the minutes Rondo will be getting?

Let me try again. My question is not about Rondo’s ability to provide assists. But more about how much minutes he’s getting, or maybe if there is a probability that Lakers cut his minutes or even shut him down etc.

 

Sorry.  I was like, have you watched basketball for the last 15 years?  But really its simple - look on your waiver wire.  Is there a player you think will get more assists than Rondo?  Probably, almost guaranteed, NO.  Then look at his minutes.  Do you even need to ask if he's going to play minutes?  GEEZ.  In the last 6 games he's played over 35 minutes in 4 of them.  Without Ball who else is going to play point guard?  I mean really, is this even a question?  Is water wet?  That's why I was a bit sarcastic...

 

 

Edited by hipriest69
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

 

Sorry.  I was like, have you watched basketball for the last 15 years?  But really its simple - look on your waiver wire.  Is there a player you think will get more assists than Rondo?  Probably, almost guaranteed, NO.  Then look at his minutes.  Do you even need to ask if he's going to play minutes?  GEEZ.  In the last 6 games he's played over 35 minutes in 4 of them.  Without Ball who else is going to play point guard?  I mean really, is this even a question?  Is water wet?  That's why I was a bit sarcastic...

 

 

the sarcasm was so unnecessary. why did you even reply  to him if you were just going to be sarcastic. but to answer his question, Rondo will most likely get all the minutes unless he gets injured or does some stupid stuff on the floor like he usually does when his team is not winning

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GmGodine said:

How are we supposed to know that? We have the same information as you do, unless there is someone here who has a friend or relative within the Lakers organization. I think he'll be getting minutes since Lonzo is out but you never know, I wouldn't be too surprised if they decide to shut down pretty much every veteran on the squad

Yes situationally we should be able to deduce that rondo is in line for big minutes and can dish dimes but it’s feasible that he’s looking for input from people who actually watch the lakers play and would be able to tell him if he can actually deliver on his opportunity or if he has a safer bet (desperate need for assist).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

the sarcasm was so unnecessary. why did you even reply  to him if you were just going to be sarcastic. but to answer his question, Rondo will most likely get all the minutes unless he gets injured or does some stupid stuff on the floor like he usually does when his team is not winning

 

14 hours ago, Russianog said:

Yes situationally we should be able to deduce that rondo is in line for big minutes and can dish dimes but it’s feasible that he’s looking for input from people who actually watch the lakers play and would be able to tell him if he can actually deliver on his opportunity or if he has a safer bet (desperate need for assist).

Thank you both for the answers. That was exactly what I was asking.

Moreover, I don't want to prolong this but about 'How are we supposed to know that?' and 'have you watched basketball for the last 15 years?'
I believe nearly everybody in this forum has watched basketball, and if we are only talking about information that is known for sure (which is accessible from all over the internet, twitter etc.) then all the talk in this forum would be for naught. I thought the aim of this forum was to share our own views as well as sharing the information released by clubs and reporters. I was just kindly asking for other users' opinions, which thanks to babyfaceassasin and Russianog I got answers to.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Russianog said:

Obviously helps him if anything

Increased pressure leading to more TOs, less capable assist completers, quick blowout leading to Caruso getting the bulk of minutes 

I need some hope here, I'm being murdered in the playoffs in 2019 by Rajon EFFing Rondo lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.