Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

10/9 - GAME DAY THREAD

Getting out of that inning Without the Red Sox scoring any runs was huge for Yankees 

chris sale is coming in for the 8th 

we we need three runs

Just now, jfazz23 said:

are they bringing in Sale for the last 6 outs?

Sale pitches the 8th Kimbell the 9th 

One out, bases juiced. Neil walker beaned...

Off the foot. Freebie.

Franchise up. 100% strikeout coming.

Congratulations to Boston. 

• Like 2

That's all follks.  Allowing CC to let up 3 runs in the 3rd inning proves costly.

4 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

That's all follks.  Allowing CC to let up 3 runs in the 3rd inning proves costly.

tough loss. i thought gary sanchez helped Kimbrel a little....even though he jsut missed a walk off hr

still a 100 win team with our best player missing 50 games...along with sanchez having a bad groin, didi and gleyber missing extended time...and now im confident severino was hurt based on what pedro martinez said

this is gonna be a good team for the next 5 years or more.  would like to see them resign happ for 2 years, maybe sabathia for 1 and patrick corbin as our big FA.  maybe u can actually trade for this years gerrit cole, whomever that may be

good luck boston and houston

Edited by jfazz23

4 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

tought loss. i thought gary sanchez helped him a little....even though he jsut missed a walk off hr

still a 100 win team with our best player missing 50 games...along with sanchez having a bad groin, didi and gleyber missing extended time...and now im confident severino was hurt based on what pedro martinez said

this is gonna be a good team for the next 5 years or more.  would like to see them resign happ for 2 years, maybe sabathia for 1 and patrick corbin as our big FA.  maybe u can actually trade for this years gerrit cole, whomever that may be

When you're 1 win shy of the World Series the year before, and only add weapons to that team.  It's not a success when you're knocked out of ALDS in 4 games.  Scoring 4 runs in the past 2 games at home is pathetic.

Regular season means nothing.  They played terrible in the post-season.  Changes need to be made and that starts with Boone who was outmanaged this series, doing a awful  job.

Eovaldi and Porcello combine for 12 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K and 0 HR allowed at Yankees Stadium.

I'm impressed.

Edited by Sine_cera
  • Like 1

I'm completely unimpressed when you have so many hitters look as bad as they did.  Torres, Andujar, and Stanton for guys who will be with the Yankees longterm.  I even felt like Miggy should PH for Torres in the 9th.  Had zero confidence in him with his overmatched ABs all throughout the PS.  Won't speak on Sanchez as he was terrible all year long so it comes as no surprise.

Worst performance still might be Boone with his terrible costly moves or lack thereof.

Boone is even worse than I predicted he'd be when he was hired. 

• Like 1

Does Boones and to a certain extent Kapler put a dent in the analytical front office wanting managers with no experience with managing any type of team? Boone for under managing with Kapler over managing as both seemed totally lost at times this season.

Though Kapler took his team farther this year than the Phillies rebuild plan was, I suppose.

Just now, Low and Away said:

Does Boones and to a certain extent Kapler put a dent in the analytical front office wanting managers with no experience with managing any type of team? Boone for under managing with Kapler over managing as both seemed totally lost at times this season.

Though Kapler took his team farther this year than the Phillies rebuild plan was, I suppose.

Alex Cora never managed before this year either.  It's the man, not the lack of experience.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Alex Cora never managed before this year either.  It's the man, not the lack of experience.

Cora had a taste of it when he was bench coach for the Astros in 2017 at least.  Boone had zero coaching experience.  Not only that, but the bench coach (Josh Bard) had only 2 years experience as a bullpen coach for the Dodgers.  That was the extent of their coaching experience.  Sox bench coach Ron Roenicke had several years of big-league managerial experience.  Makes a big difference.  It was a poor plan from the start for the Yankees.  I don't want to see Boone back.

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Cora also managed in the Puerto Rican professional leagues.