tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 6

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 6

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 6 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

Help with mine?

Standard league. Who to start?

Ridley vs TB
Boyd vs PIT

5 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Which Player - PPR?

Corey Clement @ Giants

Royce Freeman vs. LA Rams

Quincy Enunwa vs. Indy

Clement. I really think Clement will be the number 1 RB and really like that matchup.

3 hours ago, Even_More_Guruist said:

Watkins, the highest pedigree player in a potential shootout VS NE?

Sanu, against a turrible defense in a likely high scoring affair VS TB?

Carson, against a poor run defense that has struggled with power runners in a London game against OAK?

Thoughts on floors and ceilings for these chaps this week?

Thanks!

1. Carson
2. Watkins
3. Sanu
Carson looks to be the clear RB1 in Seattle and they're running the ball a ton. The KC/NE matchup should be high scoring, but so many mouths to feed in KC. Watkins has a low floor, high ceiling. Same idea with Sanu as Watkins, however the KC offense is on a different level. I think Sanu takes a back seat to Julio and Ridley, and the return of D. Freeman might take away from red zone targets.

2 hours ago, docdoa said:

Standard league question.... 

Alshon vs NYG tonight, or fill with one of the following:
Nelson (london game)

Sanu (waiver wire)

John Brown (Waiver)

Hogan (waiver)

Yup, roll with Jeffery. WR1 on a good offense.

2 hours ago, dawkinspwns said:

Standard:
RB Clement @ Giants

or

RB Peterson vs Panthers

Clement Pro: Believed to lead the backfield, better pass blocker than Smallwood, usually gets red zone snaps

Clement Con: Smallwood might lead the backfield who knows, has looked good in recent weeks

Peterson Pro: Clear lead back, has looked good, practicing in full as of Thursday

Peterson Con: If Panthers take lead early he might get replaced with Thompson, shoulder injury that held him out 2 quarters could limit/get reaggravated

I'm a little bit fearful Peterson's injury is more than they're letting on. I don't think I'd take the risk with Clement playing on Thursday, unless I had another decent alternative if AP does sit. If I knew he was playing and not limited, I'd go AP. But I'd start Clement not knowing.

2 hours ago, MissingLink said:

Need to start one RB In a 1pt ppr league.

McCoy @ Hou

Collins @ Ten

Clement @NYG

Thanks

McCoy. He looked good last week and has the most secure role of the group.

2 hours ago, cQuence916 said:

Roll with Rivers or stream Winston?

Rivers. Simply he's the better QB right now.

• Thanks 1

Winston. It's against the ATL defense, and they might find themselves in a heck of a shootout.

While I like Rivers and I'm starting himself this weekend, I'm doing so over Russell Wilson. I don't think the Chargers will fare as well against a respectable Cleveland defense, on the road, as TB will in the dome against Atlanta.

WR2 in standard:

Cooks at Denver

Gordon vs KC

Sanders vs Rams

Obviously Cooks is normally a better play, but coming off the concussion I'm not sure... And NE is going to need to be throwing it all over the field against KC, so I think this is about primed for a Gordon breakout game. I think Denver is going to be playing catch-up all game, but against that Rams defense I think Keenum is going to be running for his life and forced into bad decisions.

3 minutes ago, BaconEggNsheeZe said:

16-team full point PPR 2 of these 3 RBs...

Howard @ MIA

Clement @ NYG

Ekeler @ CLE

Howard and Clement.

Howard's bigger in standard, but RB can score on MIA this year. 

Clement because I think he gets a more likely timeshare around 50% or greater vs Smallwood, than Ekeler does, which is probably 25% vs Gordon. 

2 hours ago, dawkinspwns said:

Standard:
RB Clement @ Giants

or

RB Peterson vs Panthers

Id go Clement just off the strength of not knowing whether AP will make it thru 4 quarters being banged up coming into the game.

2 hours ago, MissingLink said:

Need to start one RB In a 1pt ppr league.

McCoy @ Hou

Collins @ Ten

Clement @NYG

Thanks

I think if I owned McCoy Id be starting him over Clement this week until I get a better feel for the split of work. Collins is a distant 3rd for me esp in PPR. 

Rivers has a tough 1pm road game, Id roll with Winston the matchup is just too good! 

25 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Ridley vs TB
Boyd vs PIT

Cant really go wrong with either matchup but I prefer Boyd bc I feel he has the higher ceiling this week. It just feels like one of those Julio blowup games to me, Ridley could still perform well I just dont think its a ceiling week for him. 

With the likelihood Haden shadows AJG it should leave a bunch of targets for Boyd to have a day

15 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Start Flex Corey Clement, Alex Collins, or Lamar Miller

Clement hands down. Very little confidence in either of the other guys right now. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

- Leaning Clement, TNF is a hell of a drug

I'm with you on that.. starting Clement as well. YOLOOOOOOO

25 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

WR2 in standard:

Cooks at Denver

Gordon vs KC

Sanders vs Rams

Obviously Cooks is normally a better play, but coming off the concussion I'm not sure... And NE is going to need to be throwing it all over the field against KC, so I think this is about primed for a Gordon breakout game. I think Denver is going to be playing catch-up all game, but against that Rams defense I think Keenum is going to be running for his life and forced into bad decisions.

Dont like Sanders here, maybe he gets some garbage time stats but Keenum has looked bad and the Rams are going to give him fits!

The easy way out of this would be for Cooks to not make it thru the protocol. Then you can throw Gordon in with peace of mind lol. However if Cooks plays I think you gotta stick with him. Its a prime spot for Gordon and Im actually starting him this week in a 16 teamer, but I dont have Cooks as an option there and if I did, eventhough I LOVE Josh hes just not getting enough snaps to start over a proven stud...YET!! 

Need to start 2 at FLEX in a PPR:

Alfred Morris @ GB

Wendell Smallwood @ NYG

Keke Coutee vs BUF

Austin Ekeler @ CLE

Mike Davis @ OAK

Edited by Jub Jub

1 hour ago, Idoolittle said:

Help with mine?

Ridley vs TB
Boyd vs PIT

For standard I like Ridley.  ATL vs TB figures to be high scoring and he already has some multiple td games under his belt.  Pit's D is also more formidable than TB's, having -1.8, -4.5, and 5.4% dvoa for wr1,wr2, and wr-other, compared to TB's 13.3, 39.5, 16.2% dvoa (negative numbers are good for the defense and mean the offense was less productive then what would be expected).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Help with mine?

Ridley vs TB
Boyd vs PIT

Clement. I really think Clement will be the number 1 RB and really like that matchup.

1. Carson
2. Watkins
3. Sanu
Carson looks to be the clear RB1 in Seattle and they're running the ball a ton. The KC/NE matchup should be high scoring, but so many mouths to feed in KC. Watkins has a low floor, high ceiling. Same idea with Sanu as Watkins, however the KC offense is on a different level. I think Sanu takes a back seat to Julio and Ridley, and the return of D. Freeman might take away from red zone targets.

Yup, roll with Jeffery. WR1 on a good offense.

I'm a little bit fearful Peterson's injury is more than they're letting on. I don't think I'd take the risk with Clement playing on Thursday, unless I had another decent alternative if AP does sit. If I knew he was playing and not limited, I'd go AP. But I'd start Clement not knowing.

McCoy. He looked good last week and has the most secure role of the group.

Rivers. Simply he's the better QB right now.

I like Ridley. I want every piece possible from this matchup 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jub Jub said:

Alfred Morris @ GB

Austin Ekeler @ CLE

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jub Jub said:

Alfred Morris @ GB

Wendell Smallwood @ NYG

Keke Coutee vs BUF

Austin Ekeler @ CLE

Mike Davis @ OAK

Id go Ekeler & Coutee.

Alfs game script should be terrible, I can see him being phased out early similar to what happened to Marshawn last week. Smallwood and Davis' workload are actually probably higher then Ekeler's but neither really catch many balls and Ekeler has proven productive on limited touches already so Id feel safer going with him.

• Thanks 1

Help with mine?

Ridley vs TB
Boyd vs PIT

3 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

- Leaning Clement, TNF is a hell of a drug

I'd go with Lamar Miller. I just feel like that's the safest bet. Wouldn't surprise me if Clement has a big night against NYG, but also a lot of risk where we don't know his usage for sure.

2 hours ago, BaconEggNsheeZe said:

16-team full point PPR 2 of these 3 RBs...

Howard @ MIA

Clement @ NYG

Ekeler @ CLE

Howard for sure. And I'd still go with Ekeler. PPR beast.

2 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

WR2 in standard:

Cooks at Denver

Gordon vs KC

Sanders vs Rams

Cooks. Always start your studs. I do like Gordon this week, but too much risk right now to play him over Cooks.

2 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

Alfred Morris @ GB

Wendell Smallwood @ NYG

Keke Coutee vs BUF

Austin Ekeler @ CLE

Mike Davis @ OAK

Ekeler and Morris (assuming Breida is out). If Breida plays, then Coutee. But Ekeler in PPR is always a great play, and I think Morris will be a workhorse is Breida is out. Davis I think takes a back seat to Carson and Smallwood to Clement. Coutee is a good play, but I don't see the same usage as Morris in the offense if Breida is out.

• Thanks 1

Who should i start full ppr?

TE- david njoku or cameron brate? Was going to start brate but now that Howard might be cleared to play

Flex- Dalvin Cook, DeSean Jackson, or Calvin Ridley?

Salty RB week - start 2 of 4 -  CT, Hines, Davis or R freeman.

start 1 wr - Kirk, Cobb, ewnuna

tough one with my New Orleans on bye.

RB2 in standard: Jordan Howard or Aaron Jones?

Flex: Jordan Howard, Aaron Jones, Josh Gordon, Coutee, Allen Robinson or Corey Davis?

Start 1 WR

0.5 PPR 

Corey Davis vs BAL

Demaryius Thomas vs LAR

Start 1 TE

0.5 PPR 

Jared Cook vs Seattle (London game)

Trey Burton @ Miami 

WHIR

Keenum or Josh Allen this week? It’s a 2 QB league if you’re wondering

Keenum at home vs Rams

Allen @ Houston 

Standard QB scoring but also has 0.25 points per completion 

I would normally go Keenum but really don’t like the matchup. thoughts?

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

RB2 in standard: Jordan Howard or Aaron Jones?

Flex: Jordan Howard, Aaron Jones, Josh Gordon, Coutee, Allen Robinson or Corey Davis?

I’d go Jordan Howard and Josh Gordon.. don’t be sour on Howard because of last game, they will probably run a lot vs Dolphins.. also went with Josh Gordon because of the sick matchup and 10 days rest, also Chris Hogan may be sitting so that’s more targets up for grabs.

help with mine? Keenum vs Allen

• Like 1

Flex spot for 1 pt PPR league:

Chris Godwin vs ATL

OR

Bilal Powell vs IND

OR

Nyheim Hines vs NYJ

Edited by HandSchaub
extra

0.5 PPR Need to start a TE and a Flex:

Burton @ MIA

Hooper vs TB

Sanders vs LAR

Hines @ NYJ

Edited by FANattic86

2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I’d go Jordan Howard and Josh Gordon.. don’t be sour on Howard because of last game, they will probably run a lot vs Dolphins.. also went with Josh Gordon because of the sick matchup and 10 days rest, also Chris Hogan may be sitting so that’s more targets up for grabs.

help with mine? Keenum vs Allen

Thanks for the help. I like Keenum this weekend, just can’t put full faith in Allen yet outside of 2 QB leagues and think they’ll opt to run it out with shady. 

You know Keenums going to have to sling it against that defense with some solid receivers 

Edited by Tyler Durden

Currently have NE Def. FA Def:  SEA, NYJ, CLE, MIA, BUF, IND, CIN, PIT

I am tempted to stick with NE at home, even vs KC, but if not them, thinking IND or SEA. Thoughts? Thanks!

27 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

0.5 PPR Need to start a TE and a Flex:

Burton @ MIA

Hooper vs TB

Sanders vs LAR

Hines @ NYJ

#1: the match up says Hooper, but not sure I trust ATL to throw to their TE, with Julio, Ridley, & Coleman to throw too. I lean Burton.

#2: Sanders, since Mack is now a go vs NYJ. Probably cuts into Hines value. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/726559-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-6/?do=findComment&comment=8158611