Trench Mob

Danilo Gallinari 2018-2019 Season Outlook

47 minutes ago, raaYUU said:

This makes rooster and lou the main options?

You would think, so a boost for Gallo.

He already was a main option tbh. Was averaging like 20 ppg before injury, you guys think all his stats are going to get a boost? This increased reliance on him worries me even more than normal for further injuries. Still can't do anything but just hold really and hope he beats like he was doing. 

Questionable for tomorrow. I'm glad the deadline is at 3pm tomorrow and hopefully he isn't confirmed to play until after that or else we'll have him clogging up the IR spot.

Back today but yahoo instantly removes his INJ tag and right before trade deadline. They need to change this to at least game time. Causes issue where you can’t pick anyone up, but also can’t play him the same day even when you drop someone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, serveist said:

Back today but yahoo instantly removes his INJ tag and right before trade deadline. They need to change this to at least game time. Causes issue where you can’t pick anyone up, but also can’t play him the same day even when you drop someone. 

Exactly. So pissed off about that.

As a Tobias owner you have no sympathy from me about the inflexibility of your now UBER-Rooster

That trade move will give your team more value than any pickup.

Yes I'm salty

The hope is that the Clippers made this move simply to free up space and acquire a couple of 1st round picks from the Sixers and not as part of some sinister plan to tank to avoid trading their 1st round pick this year. 

From what I understand, the Clippers have to give the Celts their 1st round pick this year if they make the playoffs, if not they have to give the Celtics their 1st pick next year if they make the playoffs. So the notion that they will tank to avoid giving away a 1st round pick this year would only be kicking the can down the road because they should be all in on next year and presumably make the playoffs. I think the pick turns into a 2nd round at some point down the road. 

Plus, it's not like the Clippers can tank and get Zion. Odds are they will finish with about 40ish wins and have a minuscule chance of winning the lottery. 

30 minutes ago, serveist said:

but also can’t play him the same day even when you drop someone. 

You mean in your league, because the rest of the world can activate him and play him right away.

26 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

You mean in your league, because the rest of the world can activate him and play him right away.

A lot of leagues are setup for the transactions to happen the next day. Not sure why, but that is a standard yahoo league.

39 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

I'd think yahoo standard leagues are the most popular single platform in fantasy basketball.  So there's a good chance a huge plurality, if not "most" of fantasy owners can't activate him today.  Either you did it speculatively last night or you wait until tomorrow to activate him for Saturday.

1 hour ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Almost no leagues are like this lol

8 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

The hope is that the Clippers made this move simply to free up space and acquire a couple of 1st round picks from the Sixers and not as part of some sinister plan to tank to avoid trading their 1st round pick this year. 

From what I understand, the Clippers have to give the Celts their 1st round pick this year if they make the playoffs, if not they have to give the Celtics their 1st pick next year if they make the playoffs. So the notion that they will tank to avoid giving away a 1st round pick this year would only be kicking the can down the road because they should be all in on next year and presumably make the playoffs. I think the pick turns into a 2nd round at some point down the road. 

Plus, it's not like the Clippers can tank and get Zion. Odds are they will finish with about 40ish wins and have a minuscule chance of winning the lottery. 

Considering the rest of the moves the Clippers made at the deadline it wouldn't surprise me if it's the latter.  I think they really want to to keep their 1st round pick.  Gives them another bargaining chip when the offseason wheeling and dealing starts.

2 hours ago, DeadfootGhazi said:

Looking great! 20 min ain’t enough though :)

ya i had to tripple take that and make sure i wasn't just seeing the 20 points as minutes but damn what a godly line in 20 min. 

Gallo owners - any of you in your playoffs right now? He's got a horrible schedule this week and I may have to drop for a stream after his game on Monday. 

2 game week and a 3 game break in between is nasty

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

Gallo owners - any of you in your playoffs right now? He's got a horrible schedule this week and I may have to drop for a stream after his game on Monday. 

2 game week and a 3 game break in between is nasty

Dude, no....do not drop Gallo. How you gonna drop the 1st option on a borderline playoff team? He is going to go off in the games he plays in. is this the quarters week for your league? if so, someone will pick up during semis and probably win the league because of that. Drop someone else and if it becomes desperate and you are losing after his 2nd game and don't have other drops that will give you more games, consider dropping I guess after his 2nd game. 

Edited by richg24

1 minute ago, richg24 said:

Dude, no....do not drop Gallo. How you gonna drop the 1st option on a borderline playoff team? He is going to go off in the games he plays in. is this the quarters week for your league? if so, someone will pick up during semis and probably win the league because of that. 

This is my semis and my matchup is really tough (he just smoked the guy in the quarters 8-1).

Im not saying he's not valuable, but we use streams quite often in our league and to pick up those extra man games is crucial. For me, anyone is expendable if they're non keeper

Just now, squidthunder said:

This is my semis and my matchup is really tough (he just smoked the guy in the quarters 8-1).

Im not saying he's not valuable, but we use streams quite often in our league and to pick up those extra man games is crucial. For me, anyone is expendable if they're non keeper

I agree to a certain extent. But if you make the finals then, you know that the other owner is going to get him, and doesn't he play 4 games next week? It would really suck having Gallo light you up for like 100 pts and 12 3s that week lol. I get what you are saying, but my advice would be to hold at least for his 2 games, if on Friday you need to move him (and can't use other adds to gain the same amount of games played) then ya you could drop him. It's not even Monday yet though, maybe you will dominate early on and be able to hold him easily. Judge on Friday, save at least 1 add for Friday of course. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I agree to a certain extent. But if you make the finals then, you know that the other owner is going to get him, and doesn't he play 4 games next week? It would really suck having Gallo light you up for like 100 pts and 12 3s that week lol. I get what you are saying, but my advice would be to hold at least for his 2 games, if on Friday you need to move him (and can't use other adds to gain the same amount of games played) then ya you could drop him. It's not even Monday yet though, maybe you will dominate early on and be able to hold him easily. Judge on Friday, save at least 1 add for Friday of course. 

I hear ya bud. For me, getting to the finals is key (automatic $). 

I'll worry about the finals if I get there. No one is going to grab him if I drop cause he has no stream value this week besides Friday 

• Like 1