Trench Mob

Danilo Gallinari 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, muttons said:

I'm a big believer of a bounceback season from Gallo. I got him at 109 and I've been really happy in how he's performing. A trade offer just came up for Gallo for Robert Covington...I'm doing well on points so I might take that trade, what do you guys think?

 

Yuck. Roco is almost more annoying to won than Gallo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prinserj21 said:

 

Yuck. Roco is almost more annoying to won than Gallo

 

That's an odd thing to say. Robert Covington has been one of the best 3 & D fantasy players for a few years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lbjames6 said:

 

That's an odd thing to say. Robert Covington has been one of the best 3 & D fantasy players for a few years now.

 

Have you owned him at all? Dudes FG % goes down to 15% at times for ten game stretches then he comes back to where is is now. To many mouths to feed in Philly especially with Chandler coming back. 

That being said i got Gallo at 118 and if he plays 60 games like he is now i like him over Lord Covington.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, prinserj21 said:

 

Have you owned him at all? Dudes FG % goes down to 15% at times for ten game stretches then he comes back to where is is now. To many mouths to feed in Philly especially with Chandler coming back. 

That being said i got Gallo at 118 and if he plays 60 games like he is now i like him over Lord Covington.

 

Yeah, I've owned him every year he's been in the league except for this season. I remember picking him up off the wire when he came over from the (then) D-League. Sure, he goes on cold streaks, but so does every other NBA player that lives on the perimeter. His FG% can be poor but you factor that in when drafting him. I'm not going to clog the Gallinari thread with Covington analysis but you're kidding yourself if you think Covington isn't one of the best 3-D guys out there. He was ranked 36th last year and 37th the year before that in 9-cat.  2.5 three's a game, mid 80's FT%, at least 1.5 steals and almost a block per game with low turnovers? Yes, yes, and yes every day of the week.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

This thread being bumped in the middle of the day, when he doesn't even have a game tonight, really scares me.

 

Haha, I had the same reaction too.  That injury monster is lurking around the corner, so seeing his thread bumped is always gonna give me a panic attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not worried about injuries. Just enjoy the baller production and deal with an injury if/when it comes. There are many cases of guys always being injured and randomly having a 75+ game healthy season, Jrue Holiday comes to mind for a recent one last season, let's hope Gallo can do it this year. 

 

You won't get anywhere near equal value for him in a trade right now, maybe you could after another 3 weeks of top 50 production, but not yet i don't think. I would just stick with him. His fantasy line is unique because of his amazing ft% impact. He always shoots 90%+ and now that he is a focal point on offense the number of attempts is gonna go up, like last game. Combined with the ++ 3s and solid rebs with low turnovers, he is tough to replace and can be very key to certain builds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's encouraging that his rebounds have gone up as well considering he's playing C sometimes when the clips go small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to sell high but my lord his stats are nice given that I’ve gotten him in 9-10th round of most draft, I’ll ride til the wheels fall off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i might repeat myself but...

every year someone drats gallo and think he scored jackpot.Then gallo gets injured/he comes back on court

and gets injured again after two weeks etc

it would be very wise to sell after few games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kicker said:

i might repeat myself but...

every year someone drats gallo and think he scored jackpot.Then gallo gets injured/he comes back on court

and gets injured again after two weeks etc

it would be very wise to sell after few games

 

Problem is, everybody knows this as well so they aren't buying.  Got to ride  him till the wheels fall off, which they will.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

Absolute steal so far, hope it lasts

 

That is always the question with Gallo. When I watched him play the last couple of games he looked really good, he also looked very fragile. Like every time he drives for a layup and lands on one leg it's 50/50 if something will pop. 

 

But if you look at the Clippers, outside of Harris/Gallo/Lou they have no other scoring threats. If you own Gallo, it's probably a smart move to stash Montrezl Harrell because if Gallo goes down Harrell will have to fill the scoring void. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

That is always the question with Gallo. When I watched him play the last couple of games he looked really good, he also looked very fragile. Like every time he drives for a layup and lands on one leg it's 50/50 if something will pop. 

 

But if you look at the Clippers, outside of Harris/Gallo/Lou they have no other scoring threats. If you own Gallo, it's probably a smart move to stash Montrezl Harrell because if Gallo goes down Harrell will have to fill the scoring void. 

 

Was able to scoop Harrell off waivers so your comment makes me feel even better about my pickup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

If you own Gallo, it's probably a smart move to stash Montrezl Harrell because if Gallo goes down Harrell will have to fill the scoring void. 

 

Did this on Monday, great minds think alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Anything on Gallo tonight?  20min played and Harrell went off.  LAC just riding the hotter hand?

 

Trez got hot by 3rd and the game was already done by then...

16/5... in 20 mins.. he's fine..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Anything on Gallo tonight?  20min played and Harrell went off.  LAC just riding the hotter hand?

Lead was up to 25 in the 4th.  They didn't bring their starters back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

I'm fine with the reduced minutes in a blowout. Can't get butt cramps on the bench

 

Don't be so sure.  If anybody can manage to get injured sitting on the bench it's this guy.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Tobias Harris owner (and sometimes reacher), I hate this guy. He uses up so much usage. Otherwise, I hope he can play for the entire season. Guy legitimately is making the Clippers competitive 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ellejamil said:

As a Tobias Harris owner (and sometimes reacher), I hate this guy. He uses up so much usage. Otherwise, I hope he can play for the entire season. Guy legitimately is making the Clippers competitive 

 

I think they have a legitimate chance to steal that 8th seed at the end of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...