Trench Mob

Danilo Gallinari 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 10/25/2018 at 6:22 AM, Kicker said:

i might repeat myself but...

every year someone drats gallo and think he scored jackpot.Then gallo gets injured/he comes back on court

and gets injured again after two weeks etc

it would be very wise to sell after few games

Doesn’t matter that much if you play roto as all games are equally valued.  If he plays 60 games at top 40 value and he cost you $5 in an auction then that’s still one of the best steals of the draft. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Doesn’t matter that much if you play roto as all games are equally valued.  If he plays 60 games at top 40 value and he cost you $5 in an auction then that’s still one of the best steals of the draft. 

I took him at the end of my draft to basically bide me time as I was kinda thin at PF. He's certainly doing that. He's really already returned his draft value as late as he went in my league. He went in the area of many players who the impatient have already moved on from.

I got rid of him along with Ayton for KAT.

Gallo is a free throw anchor, one of the best in the league, plus he is turn overs are super low.  He's one of the best glue guys in the NBA WHEN HE'S PLAYING.  But this dude ALWAYS gets hurt.  I'd rather move him for someone who has a history of staying on the court.  As much as I respect his game, and his stats fit my build to a T, I've owned him time and time again, and watched him miss huge chunks of the season, or get shut down basically every year.  It's not worth it.

Right now you could get a really nice return if you package him with another player to upgrade that position.  I would recommend deciding what position you need to upgrade, and trade that start, along with Gallo to move up 20-30 spots in value before Gallo's legs give out.

Tried to sell him high for a mid rounder, no success...decided to ride him until OFS tag appears (got him for 1$ in auction). So far - beast mode.

Probably wouldn't move him in a competitive league. If he stays healthy he should be way more valuable than whoever anyone would give. Obviously a big if, but he can be so good on days when he's not hurt. If anything maybe he's a secondary piece in a large trade.

If you drafted him, you bet against the market, and bet on him staying healthy.  So far he’s exeeded expectations and he’s been healthy so what’s the problem?  If you trade him now for a midrange asset below what he’s producing you’re selling him for less than his present value to subsidize risk.  But you wouldn’t have drafted him if you weren’t willing to take on some risk.  Selling is a panic move imo.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jamaal99 said:

Would you do Accept Danilo for ibaka? I’m an ibaka owner

They’re both overperforming atm but with different skill sets. The simple answer would be if I needed Ibaka’s stats more then Gallos.  If it’s roto I probably stay with Gallo, though in H2H I would be tempted to shed him for a less injury prone player.  I’m not going to sell super low but Ibaka might be enough.  It’s league specific.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

They’re both overperforming atm but with different skill sets. The simple answer would be if I needed Ibaka’s stats more then Gallos.  If it’s roto I probably stay with Gallo, though in H2H I would be tempted to shed him for a less injury prone player.  I’m not going to sell super low but Ibaka might be enough.  It’s league specific.

Yeah, I agree with this. I'm holding Gallo on my Roto leagues, but if I can get a good deal on my H2H leagues I'd be inclined to move him, though it's hard to let go of such a great FT% anchor.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Gallo isn't overperforming. He's done this before when healthy, especially on a team where there isn't much competition for shots. The issue is how long he can stay healthy.

3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Gallo isn't overperforming. He's done this before when healthy, especially on a team where there isn't much competition for shots. The issue is how long he can stay healthy.

Hes going to play all 82 this year. 

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

How about the team in my signature? @Ajax

Just now, jamaal99 said:

How about the team in my signature? @Ajax

This belongs in either assistant coach section, or a PM (and I'm always happy to help), but yes, Gallo would definitely help you counter Gobert's FT%, as you don't have any other poor FT%. You're assuming Gallo's high injury risk, but if he does stay healthy all year, it should be a great move.

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

I’ve played fantasy for as long as Gallo has been in the league and while he has had some good years he’s never finished top 20.  I think his best year was 44th in 2014-2015.  So yes he is overperforming at his current rank of 24 according to BBM.  Health is also an issue.