Sign in to follow this  
poofinger

Terrible FF terms

Just now, poofinger said:

JAG

Going to eat

Will be fed 

Shares of (insert name)

I actually like the term JAG. Every time that it's used it reminds me of Alex Collins, Lamar Miller and Derrick Henry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

taco and burger make me cringe. I thought it couldn't get any worse than someone saying so and so scored a 50 burger lastnight, until this year all I read about is these league tacos making stupid trades, and it just makes me want to vomit every time. I dont know what it is, but it just sounds so stupid.

Edited by dakimbell
  • Like 1

During the draft window: 

1)No way can you draft him in the 3rd round of a money league

2)No way can you draft him in the 4th round of a money league

3)No way can you draft him in the 5th round of a money league

4)No way can you draft him in the 6th round of a money league

And repeat. There are 75 players that will not last after pick 60. Unless you are in a taco league. 

Edited by Tenner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the term "trade rape" has harmed the entire hobby.  Aside from comparing an unbalanced fantasy football trade to an act of violence, it also reinforced the idea that every trade has a victim and a victimizer, and that kind of imagery has probably dissuaded hundreds of thousands of potential trades from going through over the years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

“This guy”

I’ve done the math. When a post contains those words, there is a 92% probability that it’s a terrible post. 

39 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Competitive leagues. 

This one x1000 - so pretentious 

Not a term, but if you ever inquire about a random backup dart throw there will always be the one guy that has to chime in "I wish I could play in your league or he's looooong gone in my competetive league". People also like to throw around kiddie league as an insult. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RBBC - not because it's a bad term per say, but because RBBC's suck!

But seriously, how about "Garbage Time"? Otherwise known as "the rest of the football game". 

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

RBBC - not because it's a bad term per say, but because RBBC's suck!

But seriously, how about "Garbage Time"? Otherwise known as "the rest of the football game". 

I actually like the saying garbage time though. You learn to really appreciate it when games over and you think you've won by a healthy number and then your opponents guys go crazy with nothing on the line for the actual team and all you can do is watch in horror as the defense plays a soft zone whilst your opponents player racks up the pts. 

“Touchdown dependent”. Yeah, I’m still going to draft the guys that I think have a better shot at scoring TDs.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, dakimbell said:

taco and burger make me cringe. I thought it couldn't get any worse than someone saying so and so scored a 50 burger lastnight, until this year all I read about is these league tacos making stupid trades, and it just makes me want to vomit every time. I dont know what it is, but it just sounds so stupid.

On the tv show The League, which revolved around a group of guys and their fantasy football league, the guy in the league who is basically clueless is nicknamed Taco. He wasn't nicknamed that because of his lack of knowledge, its was just his nickname. But I'm guessing the references you're seeing are to that character.

Actually was a really funny show

Edited by owenmills

Anything Jeff Man's says about fantasy football on Sirius XM. Fantasy sports 24/7 365. It's sickening. 

• Like 1

I'm personally sick of "running backs room," etc.  I visualize Gordon, Ekeler, and Justin Jackson sitting in a hotel conference room discussing plays with the RB coach while sipping water and doodling on notepads.  It's dumb.  "WR corps" or "WRs" or "quarterback group" works just fine.  This one needs to die down fast.  From the OP, "eat" and "fed" are absolutely terrible.     

On 10/10/2018 at 3:38 PM, owenmills said:

On the tv show The League, which revolved around a group of guys and their fantasy football league, the guy in the league who is basically clueless is nicknamed Taco. He wasn't nicknamed that because of his lack of knowledge, its was just his nickname. But I'm guessing the references you're seeing are to that character.

Actually was a really funny show

Rafi is one of the funniest characters of all time.