• Announcements

    • tonycpsu

      Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

      We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Sign in to follow this  
buboytorre

Spencer Dinwiddie 2018-19 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, Spencer Dinwiddie will have surgery on Monday to repair torn ligaments in his right thumb and is expected to miss 3-6 weeks.

Woj reports that Dinwiddie met with two specialists in recent days and both of them recommended surgery. The Nets first game after the All-Star break is Thursday, Feb. 21st, which is just short of four weeks from today. Based on the current target timeline, it's possible he will be cleared to return for that contest. In that scenario, he'd only end up missing nine games. Shabazz Napier is a solid pickup while Dinwiddie is sidelined. Napier scored 18 points in 28 minutes on Friday. Theo Pinson also saw extended minutes off the bench Friday night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CityBaller8 said:

 

Not bad right ? Lol

Yeah not bad, it was ok. You figure his assists and FG% will go up and his FTs will go down. With the news that Dinwiddie is likely getting surgery, it's looking like he'll be a good pick up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an interesting trade proposal to send Bazemore for Dinwiddie (weekly league so bench players don't matter). Tho I have Levert on IR, so I'm wondering what does everyone think his role will be when he comes back? I'd say there is a good chance LeVert returns in the next month so what does that leave for Dinwiddie when he eventually returns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Just got an interesting trade proposal to send Bazemore for Dinwiddie (weekly league so bench players don't matter). Tho I have Levert on IR, so I'm wondering what does everyone think his role will be when he comes back? I'd say there is a good chance LeVert returns in the next month so what does that leave for Dinwiddie when he eventually returns?

 

He was ranked 125th before the LeVert injury.

 

Chances are Levert and Dinwiddie will return around the same timeframe - although the later should be in much better game shape than the former given the two injuries.

 

Personally I'm going to stash Dinwiddie if I can claim him from waivers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 5:20 AM, Extra_Rice said:

Any chance he can make some noise even with DAR and Levert around?

Bump, want to know if he's a stash for the playoffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 2:20 AM, Extra_Rice said:

Any chance he can make some noise even with DAR and Levert around?

 

I dont know the exact numbers he was posting but early in the season when Levert was healthy he wasnt owned in my league ever. It wasnt till the Caris injury that he started to shine. With Levert already getting 30 minutes tonight I think it will be tough for Spencer to have a similar impact to what he was doing pre injury. And also the Nets have one of the worst playoff schedules so I think he's only worth holding in deep leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, stay_woke said:

 

I dont know the exact numbers he was posting but early in the season when Levert was healthy he wasnt owned in my league ever. It wasnt till the Caris injury that he started to shine. With Levert already getting 30 minutes tonight I think it will be tough for Spencer to have a similar impact to what he was doing pre injury. And also the Nets have one of the worst playoff schedules so I think he's only worth holding in deep leagues.

He was doing 16 ppg, 2 3's, 5 assists and 1 stock with a full Nets lineup earlier this year. Low TO's is nice with him in 9 cat. BBM and Yahoo rank him 114-130 or so ros. He's a luxury stash imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.