Sign in to follow this  
WaltSopchak

Hyde for Kupp? WHIR!!

Trading with a 4-1 team with great WR depth but starting Yeldon and Conner who only have a couple more weeks. I need WR depth and have playable RB’s to trade. I am 3-2 so not desperate and can look at crafting a trade for a different wr on his team or one of his qb’s.

My team:

QB: Winston/Mayfield

RB: Barkley/Mixon/Hyde/Lewis/Crowell/Carson/Davis

WR: Julio/Cooper/M.Jones/DJax/Coutee

TE: Burton/Njoku/Brate

His team:

QB: Mahomes/Newton

RB: Conner/Yeldon/Cook/R.Freeman/Smallwood

WR: Hopkins/Thielen/JuJu/Kupp/Edelman/Allison/Cole

TE: Graham

Q: Hyde for Kupp?

Let me know what you think about the trade or if there is someone else you would target.

Thanks WHIR!

Yes I would do Hyde for any of his top 4 receivers. I think Hyde has potential to lose carries. I have him in my main league and tried to pass him off last week but couldn't get anyone to trade a reasonable asset. You might try to even upgrade a bit and do hyde and cooper for Thielen though I doubt he would go for that.

2 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Definitely.  You need a WR.  

I’m also a Hyde owner.  

8 hours ago, WaltSopchak said:

Trading with a 4-1 team with great WR depth but starting Yeldon and Conner who only have a couple more weeks. I need WR depth and have playable RB’s to trade. I am 3-2 so not desperate and can look at crafting a trade for a different wr on his team or one of his qb’s.

My team:

QB: Winston/Mayfield

RB: Barkley/Mixon/Hyde/Lewis/Crowell/Carson/Davis

WR: Julio/Cooper/M.Jones/DJax/Coutee

TE: Burton/Njoku/Brate

His team:

QB: Mahomes/Newton

RB: Conner/Yeldon/Cook/R.Freeman/Smallwood

WR: Hopkins/Thielen/JuJu/Kupp/Edelman/Allison/Cole

TE: Graham

Q: Hyde for Kupp?

Let me know what you think about the trade or if there is someone else you would target.

Thanks WHIR!

I would definitely do it. I’m also a Hyde owner and been scared that he will lose the job to Chubb. 

Help with mine? 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/727048-trade-advice-who-to-adddrop-whir/

Edited by HOF12

I'd low ball with a 2-1 package Crowell after his big week and one of the seattle rbs for kupp.  if he doesnt bite your original trade seems fair. 

I'd start with a lower offer of Carson/Davis or Crow/Lewis for Kupp, or aim higher w Hyde and try for Thielen. 

negative. Never sell RBs for a WR in the same value range. RBs will always have more value. To put it in even more perspective no matter how deep of a league your in you could go through waivers in WRs and potentially hit a high scoring week. Try doing that scrambling for a RB spot start. Wont happen. Hyde is worth an extra tier over kupp.

Edited by StevenSC400

2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

negative. Never sell RBs for a WR in the same value range. RBs will always have more value. To put it in even more perspective no matter how deep of a league your in you could go through waivers in WRs and potentially hit a high scoring week. Try doing that scrambling for a RB spot start. Wont happen. Hyde is worth an extra tier over kupp.

Look at his WR's, he needs it way more than a RB.
Cooper is trash, Marvin losing some targets to Golladay, Djax inconsistent boom/bust, and Keke who looks good, but only 2 games so far...
My guess is Hyde loses touches or his job to Chubb sometime this year.

Assuming this is ppr.  In standard, no way.

I dont like trading rbs for wrs especially this year, but you are sorta serviceable behind hyde.  Perso ally wouldnt do this but its not bad.  Rather move carson and lewis for him.

What about asking for cook back?

4 minutes ago, Crizzerr said:

My guess is Hyde loses touches or his job to Chubb sometime this year.

That was my guess on draft day and week 1 going into week 2.  Worried about it after week 4 and realized that its not happenjng after week 5.  The hyde and chubb outlook threads are pretty nasty, but the owners kinda have it right that chubb turned into a handcuff(not a stash) and there is a good argument that johnson is actually more valuable if hyde goes down.

7 hours ago, Scott3705 said:

Assuming this is ppr.  In standard, no way.

I dont like trading rbs for wrs especially this year, but you are sorta serviceable behind hyde.  Perso ally wouldnt do this but its not bad.  Rather move carson and lewis for him.

What about asking for cook back?

Not sure I want to touch Cook right now. Were too far into the season for him to be dealing with nagging injuries. Could be a big payoff but I’ll take Hyde’s volume and upside with Baker at the helm and their favorable schedule coming up.

I am looking at packages for Evans, Hilton, Keenan and M. Thomas to the worst teams as well.

anyone else have input??

I can't imagine he'd do Kupp for Hyde straight up. Hyde may start losing touches to Chubb. You'll need to do a package, but i'm not sure you have the firepower to entice him with 2 RB's. Maybe Hyde/Carson for Kupp. But then you'd be thin at RB.

Yeah I agree with others on this, you need a WR and it looks like Hyde is dispensable based on your roster formation. Kupp is a set and forget WR2 who will win you weeks from time to time.

9 hours ago, coachJ said:

I can't imagine he'd do Kupp for Hyde straight up. Hyde may start losing touches to Chubb. You'll need to do a package, but i'm not sure you have the firepower to entice him with 2 RB's. Maybe Hyde/Carson for Kupp. But then you'd be thin at RB.

He offered me the trade so he is definitely willing to make the move. Looking at getting Michael Thomas first if not I will pull the trigger