scienze

Goran Dragic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

We sleepin' on Dragic? I was able to grab him with the 68th pick in the 6th round, which, to me, is a hell of a steal..

He should be a primary option for Miami this year, and while his assists were down last year, he still had a nice season statistically.

he was damn near top 30 in 2016-2017 and i wouldn't be surprised to see him revert back to that this season.

Lol u wish he could put up top 30 value, if jimmy comes over his value is best at 5th round. I just don’t see dragon perform the way he did back in the suns day. He’s also a hard guy to trade bc no one trust his name. If u get him in 6th, great but I rather aim for Guys with higher upside such at DLO/even doncic 

4 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

Lol u wish he could put up top 30 value, if jimmy comes over his value is best at 5th round. I just don’t see dragon perform the way he did back in the suns day. He’s also a hard guy to trade bc no one trust his name. If u get him in 6th, great but I rather aim for Guys with higher upside such at DLO/even doncic 

dangello russell over goran dragic? LOL!

i'm not saying he's a shoe in to put up top 30 stats, but he was right there 2016-2017 and I wouldn't be surprised to see him replicate that.

of course, jimmy butler changes everything, but as of now, a trade to Miami isn't lookin imminent 

This is like the 4th post about somebody possibly becoming Top 30. Dragic being Top 30 is out the equation. Primary option, I see Richardson, Wade then maybe him, followed by Whiteside being the chronological order. And that’s only until Waiters comes back. 

That especially changes if Butler comes. 

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers

2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

This is like the 4th post about somebody possibly becoming Top 30. Dragic being Top 30 is out the equation. Primary option, I see Richardson, Wade then maybe him, followed by Whiteside being the chronological order. And that’s only until Waiters comes back. 

That especially changes if Butler comes. 

lol @ wade

I like Dragic as a player but i don't see him being as valuable as last year. He was shopped all of last season so the Heat obviously don't see him as part of the future. Yeah he could easily average around 17 points and 5 assists but that still doesn't put him anywhere close to top 30 value in my opinion. He has been regressing in FG% for a couple years now and with him taking more 3 pointers every year i don't see him getting back to the 50% FG he was once hitting, i think he will be around the 44% mark. That coupled with the fact he doesn't really get defensive stats at all makes his ceiling in my opinion top 75-50. I could be wrong but with players like Richardson who the Heat have publicly stated are their centrepiece for rebuilding, i can't take him in the top 50 at all.

Grabbing him in the 6th though is really safe and doesn't really hurt you too badly if he doesn't post top 70 value.

35 minutes ago, scienze said:

dangello russell over goran dragic? LOL!

i'm not saying he's a shoe in to put up top 30 stats, but he was right there 2016-2017 and I wouldn't be surprised to see him replicate that.

of course, jimmy butler changes everything, but as of now, a trade to Miami isn't lookin imminent 

Yes DLo over dragic, Dlo before his injuries was putting up 22ppg, put on some weight over summer and changes his form to a quicker jump. I put my money on a healthy DLo over Dragic this year, obviously Dlo is more of a Sg pg compared to Dragic but the upside of Dlo to me is a lot higher than dragic 

1 hour ago, Tyboogie said:

Yes DLo over dragic, Dlo before his injuries was putting up 22ppg, put on some weight over summer and changes his form to a quicker jump. I put my money on a healthy DLo over Dragic this year, obviously Dlo is more of a Sg pg compared to Dragic but the upside of Dlo to me is a lot higher than dragic 

yea for 5 games LOL!

dinwiddie was actually the better player for the nets last year ..

im a laker fan, so trust me when i tell you to lower expectations with russell

he’ll get you 25-6-8 one game and then go

4-2-3 the very next .. guna have to see some consistency before i can put him up there with dragic 

Edited by scienze

Just now, scienze said:

yea for 5 games LOL!

dinwiddie was actually the better player for detroit last year ..

im a laker fan, so trust me when i tell you to lower expectations with russell

he’ll get you 25-6-8 one game and then go

4-2-3 the very next .. guna have to see some consistency before i can put him up there with dragic 

Dinwiddie played for the Nets bro....

2 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Dinwiddie played for the Nets bro....

and so did dangelo russell .. what’s your point? 

edit: i see what i did there .. my mistake 

Edited by scienze

1 minute ago, scienze said:

and so did dangelo russell .. what’s your point? 

Dinwiddie didn't play for Detroit last year? He played for the nets all of last year, and he wasn't the best out of DAR and himself. Make sure to check your stats or if thats not what you meant, check what you are writing and make it so everyone can understand.

DLO was drafted 2nd overall in 2015, DBook was drafted 13th. DBook signed a extension for 5 years and 158 million. DLO is jealous and envy, people will go to lengths when it comes to money including balling out, buy DLO this year.

Bringing this back to Dragic....the thing that appeals to me about Dragic this year is that he took the summer off from international ball. That is huge. He actually rested for the first time in forever. I don't expect him to revert back to his prime (no one will at age 32), but I think he has another solid year.  In my last few 8 cat roto leagues he went #79 a couple weeks ago and at #62 a couple days ago. Draft in between was at #70. 

Personally, I think Dragic just slides in as a 3rd point guard option, maybe a borderline 2nd PG option if you draft Jokic in the first. 5 assists with scoring in the teens is pretty serviceable. Steals and triples are going to determine if he is top 50 or top 90, so just make sure you have a buffer in those cats. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Dinwiddie didn't play for Detroit last year? He played for the nets all of last year, and he wasn't the best out of DAR and himself. Make sure to check your stats or if thats not what you meant, check what you are writing and make it so everyone can understand.

check my edit..

dinwiddie played for the nets and he was the better irl player between him and russell 

7 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Bringing this back to Dragic....the thing that appeals to me about Dragic this year is that he took the summer off from international ball. That is huge. He actually rested for the first time in forever. I don't expect him to revert back to his prime (no one will at age 32), but I think he has another solid year.  In my last few 8 cat roto leagues he went #79 a couple weeks ago and at #62 a couple days ago. Draft in between was at #70. 

Personally, I think Dragic just slides in as a 3rd point guard option, maybe a borderline 2nd PG option if you draft Jokic in the first. 5 assists with scoring in the teens is pretty serviceable. Steals and triples are going to determine if he is top 50 or top 90, so just make sure you have a buffer in those cats. 

If he can get over 2 threes he could have a SIMILAR year to Lowrys last year. That is pretty alright value at the mid to late rounds!

Dragic is being very under rated. He is one of the most consistent player in years.

• Like 2

Not sure what all this hype is about Dragic, I’m guessing none of you guys owned him last season.

He was ranked 103 last year. I repeat, 103. I owned him and it was a terrible pick at the mid rounds.

A point guard with no steals and mediocre assists and FG, starting to look a lot like Reggie Jackson.

I’ll pass.

Edited by blob2004
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I like Dragic as a player but i don't see him being as valuable as last year. He was shopped all of last season so the Heat obviously don't see him as part of the future. Yeah he could easily average around 17 points and 5 assists but that still doesn't put him anywhere close to top 30 value in my opinion. He has been regressing in FG% for a couple years now and with him taking more 3 pointers every year i don't see him getting back to the 50% FG he was once hitting, i think he will be around the 44% mark. That coupled with the fact he doesn't really get defensive stats at all makes his ceiling in my opinion top 75-50. I could be wrong but with players like Richardson who the Heat have publicly stated are their centrepiece for rebuilding, i can't take him in the top 50 at all.

Grabbing him in the 6th though is really safe and doesn't really hurt you too badly if he doesn't post top 70 value.

He was god awful last year. Ranked 103 on the season. I know I bloody owned the bum. I can't see how he improves in any area on last year. He will likely lose a few more mins to Richarson and Tyler (maybe even their shooters McGruder and Ellington too), like you say his FG% is dropping by the year, no defensive stats and his FT is only mediocre and his dimes are now at SG level. And he isn't part of their future, which means potential trade bait. DND in my books.

• Like 1

where is this 103 coming from? lol

he was rankeed 57 based on averages in yahoo and 63 based on totals

not quite the 33 from the year before, but a far cry from 103

5 minutes ago, scienze said:

where is this 103 coming from? lol

he was rankeed 57 based on averages in yahoo and 63 based on totals

not quite the 33 from the year before, but a far cry from 103

https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerRankings.aspx

#82 in ESPN

But BM is the one to trust IMO. Either way he was trash...

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerRankings.aspx

#82 in ESPN

But BM is the one to trust IMO. Either way he was trash...

marshon brooks, otto porter, and andre ingram were second rounders according to that list

i know bbm is usually very on point wit analytical data, but ranking dragic outside the top 100 is a joke 

17-4-5 on 45% from the field and 80% from the line with 1.5 threes 

yea, i just don’t see it lol 

38 minutes ago, scienze said:

marshon brooks, otto porter, and andre ingram were second rounders according to that list

i know bbm is usually very on point wit analytical data, but ranking dragic outside the top 100 is a joke 

17-4-5 on 45% from the field and 80% from the line with 1.5 threes 

yea, i just don’t see it lol 

By total value on the season was ranked 81 on BM and 82 on ESPN. Sorry, but he was tripe and tripe tastes like $hit. It seems you picked him up and are trying to convince people of his value to make yourself feel better about your pick. Common practice on these boards...

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

By total value on the season was ranked 81 on BM and 82 on ESPN. Sorry, but he was tripe and tripe tastes like $hit. It seems you picked him up and are trying to convince people of his value to make yourself feel better about your pick. Common practice on these boards...

i reckon you must not know me now 

i picked him at 68 and would pick him again as low as 60 with no hesitation if i had the chance 

if you want to sit here and believe 17-4-5 on strong percentages isn’t good, be my guest .. funny thing, it was his actually first year making all-star too. still lol @ “103”.

1 hour ago, scienze said:

i reckon you must not know me now 

i picked him at 68 and would pick him again as low as 60 with no hesitation if i had the chance 

if you want to sit here and believe 17-4-5 on strong percentages isn’t good, be my guest .. funny thing, it was his actually first year making all-star too. still lol @ “103”.

Even if you filter out players that's played less than 50 games last year, Dragic was still only sitting at 8th round value on BBM

Why? Why do you think Reggie Jackson sucks in fantasy?

17-4-5 is not bad, but it's late round value in 9 cat if you have no steals, low threes for a PG and mediocre FG (considering the low threes).

Sort of like why Harrison Barnes, Julius Randle and Wiggins look good on paper but actually rank horribly because of the lack of stocks.

I'll just leave it at that, hope you enjoy him this season and prove me wrong, but just a word of caution.

Edited by blob2004
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1