scienze

Goran Dragic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

15 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

If he can get over 2 threes he could have a SIMILAR year to Lowrys last year. That is pretty alright value at the mid to late rounds!

He has never come close to 2 triples a game. He is what he is. He isn't going to get many triples and steals. To expect that he will breakout from his range in his age 32 season is not wise IMO.

10 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Not sure what all this hype is about Dragic, I’m guessing none of you guys owned him last season.

He was ranked 103 last year. I repeat, 103. I owned him and it was a terrible pick at the mid rounds.

A point guard with no steals and mediocre assists and FG, starting to look a lot like Reggie Jackson.

I’ll pass.

I don't think anyone is hyping or if a thread getting traction is hype. I think people are discussing a mid round option that can fit builds and provide assists. I have noticed that point guards and centers go early and often this year, as they do most years. Sometimes it is about roster construction and not an end of year player rater. Honestly, I am just excited to see Goran after a summer of rest. I think that will help him a lot. And it is all about his minutes at this stage of his career. If he is 30 vs 34 mpg that is a really big difference. Resting should help him in that regard. 

I think it depends on where you get him.  I got him at the beginning of round 8 in a league.  I'd take him there easily.  If you're drafting him round 6, there's probably better options.  But as a 3rd/4th string guard, he's fine in my opinion.  I don't think people are drafting him in rounds 4-6 anymore (but I think that's too early). 

7 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Even if you filter out players that's played less than 50 games last year, Dragic was still only sitting at 8th round value on BBM

Why? Why do you think Reggie Jackson sucks in fantasy?

17-4-5 is not bad, but it's late round value in 9 cat if you have no steals, low threes for a PG and mediocre FG (considering the low threes).

Sort of like why Harrison Barnes, Julius Randle and Wiggins look good on paper but actually rank horribly because of the lack of stocks.

I'll just leave it at that, hope you enjoy him this season and prove me wrong, but just a word of caution.

45% from the field is very good for a pg and that was a down year .. 1.5 threes is about average and his 0.8 steals was an outlier, as he’s typically been around 1.2 prior to that.

i guess it’ll be interesting to follow how this plays out now that we got all the naysayers in here. 

1 hour ago, superjew said:

I think it depends on where you get him.  I got him at the beginning of round 8 in a league.  I'd take him there easily.  If you're drafting him round 6, there's probably better options.  But as a 3rd/4th string guard, he's fine in my opinion.  I don't think people are drafting him in rounds 4-6 anymore (but I think that's too early). 

thats a hell of a steal.. what pick overall was it? 

4 hours ago, scienze said:

thats a hell of a steal.. what pick overall was it? 

Pick 85, competitive draft. Too many people grabbing guys with potential to break out.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2018 at 1:30 AM, blob2004 said:

Not sure what all this hype is about Dragic, I’m guessing none of you guys owned him last season.

He was ranked 103 last year. I repeat, 103. I owned him and it was a terrible pick at the mid rounds.

A point guard with no steals and mediocre assists and FG, starting to look a lot like Reggie Jackson.

I’ll pass.

This might be the quote that keeps me from trading my nurk for him

Dragic seems to be bombing triples at a higher clip so far into this young season.  Is this a mirage or is he really upping his 3pt game?

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Dragic seems to be bombing triples at a higher clip so far into this young season.  Is this a mirage or is he really upping his 3pt game?

the real deal

The starting point guard missed Thursday’s practice with a lingering pain in his right foot. He received a cortisone shot to help ease the pain, and he’s hopeful he’ll be able to play in Saturday’s road game against the Hawks.

“It’s going on like two weeks,” Dragic said when asked about the injury. “Get a lot of pain after practice and during the games. We just want to go and treat it first and see if it’s going to be any better. But you’re always pounding, so it’s always the same or worse. Then we just decided yesterday, I went and got a shot.

“The doc said usually when you get cortisone shots, it takes like 48 hours and after it calms down. So it’s still early, but we’ll see.”

An MRI on Dragic’s right foot before the start of the season returned negative. When asked if surgery was an option, he said: “No, no surgery.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article220965260.html#storylink=cpy

Tyler Johnson if Dragic misses time?

Edited by Pavlos1908

On 10/30/2018 at 11:22 AM, DoctorLove said:

Curious, what makes you say that?

he's always been a good shooter, but he’s attempting more threes nowadays, as that’s the direction the league is trending in

Dragic is making me nervous. Hope he bounces back. He had the 0/6 fg game with destroyed my H2H matchup. Current PGs are Bledsoe, Conley, Dragic and Dunn(INJ). Might trade him when Dunn is back in a month. 

Edited by sinatra

3 hours ago, sinatra said:

Any news on him playing tonight?

this is just a guess, but i doubt he played before december...if i had to guess, i would say mid-december return.

3 hours ago, sinatra said:

Any news on him playing tonight?

Hes not gonna play. He didnt travel with the team.