scienze

Bogdan Bogdanovic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

I think people are sleeping on how bad Sacramento will be this year...and with Bogdan being a primary piece of their core, I can easily see him taking that leap once given then green light.

 

Right now, he is being ranked as 108 overall by Yahoo when he finished 95 overall his rookie season....why would he take a step back? makes no sense. Had to jump on him when he was available in the 10th round at 116.

 

Projections? I can realistically see him somewhere around 15-4-4 and even better post-ASB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

he slides in drafts because of his injury... 

 

he's projected back early november....not enough to warrant where he fell to imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chrizz said:

He had knee surgery at the end of last season and now another one on the same knee...

 

 

I get that, but if he comes back according to schedule, he should be good to go for the rest of the season....i don't think they would risk bringing him back in november if they felt a re-injury was likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.665726fe5d998b439393b30f72fc435d.png

 

Plus, I don't think Kings will really run him out there for 35 minutes. They have too many games to lose and scrubs to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bballshinobi said:

image.png.665726fe5d998b439393b30f72fc435d.png

 

Plus, I don't think Kings will really run him out there for 35 minutes. They have too many games to lose and scrubs to play

 

 

he will be a key component post-ASB and developing his game will be one of sacramento’s priorities down the stretch. mark it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, scienze said:

 

 

he will be a key component post-ASB and developing his game will be one of sacramento’s priorities down the stretch. mark it. 

 

You are giving the Kings too much credit. I don't think Divac and Vivek even know how to spell the word "development". This has nothing to do with BB, who I think is a very good player, but has to do with the team and environment he's stuck in. He is also already 26, so he's already in his prime. The most he can do now is fine tune and maximize his strength. What you see now is basically what he is. 

 

Now back to why the Kings will hold him back

 

(1) They don't know how to build a team

 

I don't criticize drafting a bust, because draft is gambling in essence, but you shouldn't spend a lottery pick on a player and not give him a chance to develop. Kings drafted Jimmer Fredette (SG) in 2011, Ben McLemore in 2013 (another SG) then another one in Nik Stauskas in 2014. In 2016, they spent a lottery pick on Georgios Papagiannis, a center, and Skal Labissier with the late pick, when they already have Demarcus Cousins and Will Cauley-Stein, who was just drafted the year before. Last year they draft Harry Giles, signed Zach Randolph and Kosta Koufos. This year they drafted another big man in Marvin Bagley. In the modern NBA when you usually only play 1 big man, they have stockpiled 6 of them just to make sure none will ever get 30 mins a game to develop. Don't forget that they did this when they SF is Justin Jackson and Luka Doncic is available to them.

 

(2) They don't develop their young players

 

Go look up BB's game log from last year. Even in the tank months of April and May, he still wasn't regularly getting over 30 mins. Why? Because they were giving 15-25 mins to guys like Vince Carter, JaKarr Sampson, and Nigel Hayes

 

(3) Coach

 

His coach is Dave Joerger.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bballshinobi said:

 

You are giving the Kings too much credit. I don't think Divac and Vivek even know how to spell the word "development". This has nothing to do with BB, who I think is a very good player, but has to do with the team and environment he's stuck in. He is also already 26, so he's already in his prime. The most he can do now is fine tune and maximize his strength. What you see now is basically what he is. 

 

Now back to why the Kings will hold him back

 

(1) They don't know how to build a team

 

I don't criticize drafting a bust, because draft is gambling in essence, but you shouldn't spend a lottery pick on a player and not give him a chance to develop. Kings drafted Jimmer Fredette (SG) in 2011, Ben McLemore in 2013 (another SG) then another one in Nik Stauskas in 2014. In 2016, they spent a lottery pick on Georgios Papagiannis, a center, and Skal Labissier with the late pick, when they already have Demarcus Cousins and Will Cauley-Stein, who was just drafted the year before. Last year they draft Harry Giles, signed Zach Randolph and Kosta Koufos. This year they drafted another big man in Marvin Bagley. In the modern NBA when you usually only play 1 big man, they have stockpiled 6 of them just to make sure none will ever get 30 mins a game to develop. Don't forget that they did this when they SF is Justin Jackson and Luka Doncic is available to them.

 

(2) They don't develop their young players

 

Go look up BB's game log from last year. Even in the tank months of April and May, he still wasn't regularly getting over 30 mins. Why? Because they were giving 15-25 mins to guys like Vince Carter, JaKarr Sampson, and Nigel Hayes

 

(3) Coach

 

His coach is Dave Joerger.

 

 

either way, i’d be shocked if he saw less than 30 mpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

image.png.665726fe5d998b439393b30f72fc435d.png

 

Plus, I don't think Kings will really run him out there for 35 minutes. They have too many games to lose and scrubs to play

 

I think they don't have a pick so at least they don't have a reason to lose. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pendles said:

When is this guy getting his INJ tag. Don’t want to drop him with the upside he has.

when the season starts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 6:45 PM, Pendles said:

When is this guy getting his INJ tag. Don’t want to drop him with the upside he has.

You will need to hang loose and wait for the regular season to start.

 

This happens in baseball all the time.  Teams wait until the day before the regular season to update the injury statuses of their players because of league rules that kick in at the start of the regular season.

We should get the IL tag on Tuesday I believe 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Boban gonna be great this year guys

 

 

wrong thread bruh 

 

 

ended up dropping bogdan btw .. i know it’s early but i had no other drops n didn’t wana lose out on portis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, scienze said:

 

 

wrong thread bruh 

 

 

ended up dropping bogdan btw .. i know it’s early but i had no other drops n didn’t wana lose out on portis. 

Is it though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So bogdan set to come back in the next week or two and I think he is an intriguing add where available. I had him last year and when his shot starts falling he is very fun to own. 

 

I know it's early in the season but the kings look like an above average team and might not be tanking this year or atleast not till later. All their starters have been returning tremendous value so far this season. When bogdan comes back the starting lineup should be

 

Fox

Hield

Bogdan

Bjelica

WCS

 

And you still have bagley on the bench. Really not a bad lineup at all. I'm waiting till the end of the week and cutting my biggest underperformer and gonna ride out bogdan for his first couple weeks and see how it shakes out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a solid end of the bench 9 cat guy. 

 

Not going to win you any categories. 

 

Id stash him if I had a IL spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...