scienze

Bogdan Bogdanovic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Bog most likely starts ros at the 3 unless Joegger goes back to starting Bejelica at the 4 which than slides Barnes to the 3. This doesn’t seem likely because Bej has been pretty much out of the rotation. Now that Bagley is out aleast for the forseable future I’d expect him to start going forward and get no less than 30 min per. 

Yeah, at this point they might as well just start Bogdanovic the rest of the season.  Not sure why Bagley started once recently, but he gets a boost for at least a week or two now regardless.  He's doing enough now in other categories that I can finally forgive his extremely inconsistent shooting, which is mainly due to a pretty sizable drop in his efficiency from downtown.

He was awful last night in the first half shooting wise, but I suppose he caught fire in the 2nd half and OT (didn't see any of the game).  It was likely his best line of the season.

Way to make me sound like a moron with my previous post, Bogdan.  I finally praise you and then you go out there and follow up your best performance of the season with quite possibly your worst.  Thanks, Sir Bricks-A-Lot...

Everything else is there. Just needs his shots to fall. Of course, he missed like 5 layups, so gotta think...

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Everything else is there. Just needs his shots to fall. Of course, he missed like 5 layups, so gotta think...

Other than his shooting being inconsistent all season, you're right, which is why I finally gave him some credit on Thursday.  Last night, he had nothing going.  I was partially venting since almost all of my players last night couldn't shoot and it was one day after I praised him, so I was wrong when I said he followed up his best performance of the season with his worst (January 25's performance where he had 5 Points and 1 Rebound with nothing else qualifies).  Last night was still a dreadful performance though.

Still aboard the train, but it is kind of a shame he can't shoot even as good as he did last season, as he's golden in several other categories.  It's to the point where he is a legit liability in FG%.

Edited by KilloWertz

So how's Bog Bog looking for the stretch run ? Inpatient owner dropped him amidst playoffs, I'm thinking about scooping him up. Hes been pretty bad tho ever since Bagley got injured, you would think it's the opposite tho right. 

9 hours ago, RunCMC said:

So how's Bog Bog looking for the stretch run ? Inpatient owner dropped him amidst playoffs, I'm thinking about scooping him up. Hes been pretty bad tho ever since Bagley got injured, you would think it's the opposite tho right. 

Some will disagree, others will not, but I think BogBog is borderline must roster from here on out.  I say this as a Kings fan, watching a great deal of their games.  Joerger loves him, and he will continue to get big minutes down the stretch, and his upside is always wonderful when it comes to helping you virtually everywhere.  He's one of those players, kind of like J-Rich, that I Iet off the hook more so than other players, simply because I know his potential and am willing to accept his inevitable, occasional sub-par performances when factoring in his overall upside and role with the team.  And his playoff schedule is as good as it gets.  I say scoop him up, and you can call me a mean name if I'm wrong about him, but I think he's a lovely guy to have at the end of your roster.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Even with good schedule I’d you drop dude what’s the point ,,...

Dropped him today. Think his potential's capped with everyone healthy. Yes, he has the ability to go on hot streaks, but he's just sucking right now.

Trending down and punt FG% only. He's probably your worst player which means you should stream his spot. 

If he isn't your worst player, god have mercy. 

On 3/14/2019 at 2:14 AM, Nica4two said:

Some will disagree, others will not, but I think BogBog is borderline must roster from here on out.  I say this as a Kings fan, watching a great deal of their games.  Joerger loves him, and he will continue to get big minutes down the stretch, and his upside is always wonderful when it comes to helping you virtually everywhere.  He's one of those players, kind of like J-Rich, that I Iet off the hook more so than other players, simply because I know his potential and am willing to accept his inevitable, occasional sub-par performances when factoring in his overall upside and role with the team.  And his playoff schedule is as good as it gets.  I say scoop him up, and you can call me a mean name if I'm wrong about him, but I think he's a lovely guy to have at the end of your roster.

Gotta disagree to the 'kind of like J-Rich' part.

As someone who actually had both Boggy and J-Rich on his roster, they're not much alike. It's akin to saying J-Rich is kinda like Kawhi or Josh Hart is like Boggy. But Kawhi is a 1st rounder (7th in 9-Cat), J-Rich is a 5th rounder (60th), Boggy is a 9th rounder (112th) and Josh Hart is a 16th rounder (190th).

Unless you're in a super deep league, when it comes playoff time, rostering someone like Boggy isn't worth it unless it's just for streaming.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:14 PM, Nica4two said:

whered you even get this analysis from lol

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2019 at 7:46 PM, babyfaceassasin said:

Agreed.  It doesn't matter how much he plays as he's completely forgotten how to shoot.  It's not just a slump either because he's been dreadful from the field all month (except for one game).  He's firmly riding my bench, especially since he's barely providing anything in any category anymore.  Can't even counter the horrid shooting.

Maybe next season, as he has plenty of ability to contribute in several categories, but he's been so bad in FG% that none of it matters anymore.  I've said it before, but it's weird that his shooting is so much worse than it was as a rookie.  The main problem is he's gone from a good 3-point shooter to a mediocre one at best.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:46 PM, babyfaceassasin said:

Perhaps from my own misguided, bias as a Kings fan, but the underpinnings of that bias stem from the boatload of Sac games I watch, and BogBog, although playing brutally inefficient as of late, is still a great contributor.  He's a play-maker, and most definitely has been forcing his shots too much, but again, as KilloWertz mentioned, he contributes in several categories, and, as I mentioned, he has great chemistry with his coach (and team).  And I disagree with KilloWertz when he says. "he's completely forgotten how to shoot."  Not true, although I'm sure you were exaggerating just a bit.  He can shoot, and I think it is indeed more of a slump than anything (cue the eye rolls!).

I should also mention that I'm in a points league, where the stakes are indeed different.  And if he continues to play this poorly, sure, I may have to give him the ol' ax.  But us humans are a forgetful people, and sometimes we forget to remember/realize the brilliance in others (including ourselves!), and earlier in the year Bo-Bo was an easy must-own player.  The needle has moved, sure, but his role and chemistry with the team have not, and I won't waver on my 'he's a great guy to have at the end of your bench' stance.

The comparison to J-Rich was unfair for sure, but I was just making the point that Bog is one of those outliers where I kind of expect sub-par games from him given his unselfish play, and he's not for everyone.  But factoring in his schedule and potential, he could be a great, albeit perhaps a bit expendable, for your team in the end.

Remember, this is just my silly opinion, which is why I said you can project your confusion and resentment onto me by calling me a bad name.  But I will not be surprised if Bog's upcoming 4-game week is a helpful one for his owners.  If I'm wrong about his upcoming 4-game week, you can call me two bad names.  Go on, I can take it.😔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nica4two said:

Perhaps from my own misguided, bias as a Kings fan, but the underpinnings of that bias stem from the boatload of Sac games I watch, and BogBog, although playing brutally inefficient as of late, is still a great contributor.  He's a play-maker, and most definitely has been forcing his shots too much, but again, as KilloWertz mentioned, he contributes in several categories, and, as I mentioned, he has great chemistry with his coach (and team).  And I disagree with KilloWertz when he says. "he's completely forgotten how to shoot."  Not true, although I'm sure you were exaggerating just a bit.  He can shoot, and I think it is indeed more of a slump than anything (cue the eye rolls!).

I should also mention that I'm in a points league, where the stakes are indeed different.  And if he continues to play this poorly, sure, I may have to give him the ol' ax.  But us humans are a forgetful people, and sometimes we forget to remember/realize the brilliance in others (including ourselves!), and earlier in the year Bo-Bo was an easy must-own player.  The needle has moved, sure, but his role and chemistry with the team have not, and I won't waver on my 'he's a great guy to have at the end of your bench' stance.

The comparison to J-Rich was unfair for sure, but I was just making the point that Bog is one of those outliers where I kind of expect sub-par games from him given his unselfish play, and he's not for everyone.  But factoring in his schedule and potential, he could be a great, albeit perhaps a bit expendable, for your team in the end.

Remember, this is just my silly opinion, which is why I said you can project your confusion and resentment onto me by calling me a bad name.  But I will not be surprised if Bog's upcoming 4-game week is a helpful one for his owners.  If I'm wrong about his upcoming 4-game week, you can call me two bad names.  Go on, I can take it.😔

Jesus it’s not that serious 😂 it’s just fantasy basketball.  

Well written analysis as to why bog could be a contributor.  I held him for a long time and ultimately had to drop because it had been a while since he was useful and I couldn’t continue to risk his bad shooting.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned it around sooner than later though so I’m watching him closely

Anyone streaming him for his 3 games tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday?