scienze

Bogdan Bogdanovic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Added him last night and thought the upside was there but after checking BBM this guy finished 136th last year while averaging 28 minutes a game. Was thinking for some reason he was easily a top 100 player last year but not the case it turns out. Had some good stretches mixed with really bad ones. Maybe increased pace helps him? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, josheggers said:

Added him last night and thought the upside was there but after checking BBM this guy finished 136th last year while averaging 28 minutes a game. Was thinking for some reason he was easily a top 100 player last year but not the case it turns out. Had some good stretches mixed with really bad ones. Maybe increased pace helps him? 

He didn't start at the beginning of the season because he was a rookie, so his season averages are deceptive.  I think he only started 52 games.  Plus his stats are bound to improve like most second year players.  Increased pace helps anyone's counting stats, and Hield/Fox/Bjelica all amping the offense compared to last year should increase his efficiency.  Dude was a 39% shooter from the 3 as a rookie on a dumpster fire and slow team, so I'm expecting improvement personally.    

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

He didn't start at the beginning of the season because he was a rookie, so his season averages are deceptive.  I think he only started 52 games.  Plus his stats are bound to improve like most second year players.  Increased pace helps anyone's counting stats, and Hield/Fox/Bjelica all amping the offense compared to last year should increase his efficiency.  Dude was a 39% shooter from the 3 as a rookie on a dumpster fire and slow team, so I'm expecting improvement personally.    

Last 40 games of the season BBM is still showing 29.5 minutes per game and ranked at 144th. Last 20 games same minutes basically and ranked 179. So him starting the last part of the season didn't exactly help him. I see what you are saying though and I am hoping for improvement as I added him in a deep league. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Lets get this hype train started! 

damn it. i wish you posted this in our group. I dropped em for White lol

• Haha 2

much love for the vids. I see why Bjelica passed on the Sixers to play for the Kings now. Hopefully we're gonna see some crazy synergy between the Serbian duo

Can you'll see him getting at least 28 minutes a game...? Team is playing well and especially Hield, which my hurt BB's value, no..?

4 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Can you'll see him getting at least 28 minutes a game...? Team is playing well and especially Hield, which my hurt BB's value, no..?

You know who is starting at the 3 right, Iman Shumpert so yea Bog can easily push for 30 a night and eventually start once he is up to speed. Buddy has zero to do with Bog. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Whenever I see that you posted something, I know it's going to be a real ******** update, and for that I appreciate you so much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What does he provide in 9 cat leagues? Doesn't look like too many rebounds or stocks.

Edited by TonyRomo

1 minute ago, TonyRomo said:

What does he provide in 9 cat leagues? He doesn't provide too many rebounds or stocks.

Mostly 3's and some assists.  At least last year.  He's solid if you need a 3 point shooter.

I'm wondering if I should play him tonight or wait though.  Might just want to save the game played for another day.

Takeaways:

- He's on an explicit minute restriction, so was used a 6th man tonight.  I definitely think he'll be starting over Shumpert in about a week.  

- He was the primary playmaker without Fox and secondary with.  He ran the PnR multiple times and I saw at least 5 passes to open Kings players that bricked in only 18 minutes.  I see his assist totals being a chunk higher than last year.   

- Percentages were low, but mechanically he looked fine.  His knee didn't look like it was bothering him at all.  Once he gets used to the faster system and playing with better shooters this year,  I'm guessing there will be a decent progression over last year's 12/3/3 1stl 45/39/84  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Is this guy worth a pick up over someone like Bagley? I'm just not sure what route the Kings are going for this year.

3 hours ago, yeet said:

Is this guy worth a pick up over someone like Bagley? I'm just not sure what route the Kings are going for this year.

Hard to say. For now it seems like they're really trying to win, so it depends on if they keep winning with Bjelica. Looks like it'll be a timeshare down the line.

Bogdan should get 30min and starting spot. 14/3.5/4 with 3PTM - 1.8  and 1 steal would be nice. 

Malcolm Brogdan would be a good player comp imo

6 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Hard to say. For now it seems like they're really trying to win, so it depends on if they keep winning with Bjelica. Looks like it'll be a timeshare down the line.

Bogdan should get 30min and starting spot. 14/3.5/4 with 3PTM - 1.8  and 1 steal would be nice. 

Malcolm Brogdan would be a good player comp imo

I was thinking comps are broggo and maybe even Lamb.

Just not sure how long it will take for this guy to start being 12 team useful.

I would hope lamb/brogdon would more resemble his floor. Hes got upside to be more like hield if he finds his rhythm as the season goes on

Just now, Mfbenoit said:

I would hope lamb/brogdon would more resemble his floor. Hes got upside to be more like hield if he finds his rhythm as the season goes on

I dunno man I don't think he has Hield upside, esp not in the steals. Would be sick to see though if he can get that usage.

3 minutes ago, Kamura said:

I dunno man I don't think he has Hield upside, esp not in the steals. Would be sick to see though if he can get that usage.

Yea I don't know how much more upside he can get. He would need more usage than what he got last year. Fox will dominate the ball and Hield  wouldn't pass if his grandmother was wide open under the basket.

His assists should go up though with better shooting and improved players this year.