scienze

Bogdan Bogdanovic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Added him last night and thought the upside was there but after checking BBM this guy finished 136th last year while averaging 28 minutes a game. Was thinking for some reason he was easily a top 100 player last year but not the case it turns out. Had some good stretches mixed with really bad ones. Maybe increased pace helps him? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, josheggers said:

Added him last night and thought the upside was there but after checking BBM this guy finished 136th last year while averaging 28 minutes a game. Was thinking for some reason he was easily a top 100 player last year but not the case it turns out. Had some good stretches mixed with really bad ones. Maybe increased pace helps him? 


He didn't start at the beginning of the season because he was a rookie, so his season averages are deceptive.  I think he only started 52 games.  Plus his stats are bound to improve like most second year players.  Increased pace helps anyone's counting stats, and Hield/Fox/Bjelica all amping the offense compared to last year should increase his efficiency.  Dude was a 39% shooter from the 3 as a rookie on a dumpster fire and slow team, so I'm expecting improvement personally.    

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kriggly said:


He didn't start at the beginning of the season because he was a rookie, so his season averages are deceptive.  I think he only started 52 games.  Plus his stats are bound to improve like most second year players.  Increased pace helps anyone's counting stats, and Hield/Fox/Bjelica all amping the offense compared to last year should increase his efficiency.  Dude was a 39% shooter from the 3 as a rookie on a dumpster fire and slow team, so I'm expecting improvement personally.    

Last 40 games of the season BBM is still showing 29.5 minutes per game and ranked at 144th. Last 20 games same minutes basically and ranked 179. So him starting the last part of the season didn't exactly help him. I see what you are saying though and I am hoping for improvement as I added him in a deep league. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

 

Lets get this hype train started! 

damn it. i wish you posted this in our group. I dropped em for White lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

much love for the vids. I see why Bjelica passed on the Sixers to play for the Kings now. Hopefully we're gonna see some crazy synergy between the Serbian duo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you'll see him getting at least 28 minutes a game...? Team is playing well and especially Hield, which my hurt BB's value, no..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Can you'll see him getting at least 28 minutes a game...? Team is playing well and especially Hield, which my hurt BB's value, no..?

 

You know who is starting at the 3 right, Iman Shumpert so yea Bog can easily push for 30 a night and eventually start once he is up to speed. Buddy has zero to do with Bog. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

 

Whenever I see that you posted something, I know it's going to be a real ******** update, and for that I appreciate you so much.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does he provide in 9 cat leagues? Doesn't look like too many rebounds or stocks.

Edited by TonyRomo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TonyRomo said:

What does he provide in 9 cat leagues? He doesn't provide too many rebounds or stocks.

Mostly 3's and some assists.  At least last year.  He's solid if you need a 3 point shooter.

 

I'm wondering if I should play him tonight or wait though.  Might just want to save the game played for another day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Takeaways:

- He's on an explicit minute restriction, so was used a 6th man tonight.  I definitely think he'll be starting over Shumpert in about a week.  

- He was the primary playmaker without Fox and secondary with.  He ran the PnR multiple times and I saw at least 5 passes to open Kings players that bricked in only 18 minutes.  I see his assist totals being a chunk higher than last year.   

- Percentages were low, but mechanically he looked fine.  His knee didn't look like it was bothering him at all.  Once he gets used to the faster system and playing with better shooters this year,  I'm guessing there will be a decent progression over last year's 12/3/3 1stl 45/39/84  

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this guy worth a pick up over someone like Bagley? I'm just not sure what route the Kings are going for this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yeet said:

Is this guy worth a pick up over someone like Bagley? I'm just not sure what route the Kings are going for this year.

Hard to say. For now it seems like they're really trying to win, so it depends on if they keep winning with Bjelica. Looks like it'll be a timeshare down the line.

 

Bogdan should get 30min and starting spot. 14/3.5/4 with 3PTM - 1.8  and 1 steal would be nice. 

Malcolm Brogdan would be a good player comp imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Hard to say. For now it seems like they're really trying to win, so it depends on if they keep winning with Bjelica. Looks like it'll be a timeshare down the line.

 

Bogdan should get 30min and starting spot. 14/3.5/4 with 3PTM - 1.8  and 1 steal would be nice. 

Malcolm Brogdan would be a good player comp imo

I was thinking comps are broggo and maybe even Lamb.

 

Just not sure how long it will take for this guy to start being 12 team useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hope lamb/brogdon would more resemble his floor. Hes got upside to be more like hield if he finds his rhythm as the season goes on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mfbenoit said:

I would hope lamb/brogdon would more resemble his floor. Hes got upside to be more like hield if he finds his rhythm as the season goes on

I dunno man I don't think he has Hield upside, esp not in the steals. Would be sick to see though if he can get that usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kamura said:

I dunno man I don't think he has Hield upside, esp not in the steals. Would be sick to see though if he can get that usage.

Yea I don't know how much more upside he can get. He would need more usage than what he got last year. Fox will dominate the ball and Hield  wouldn't pass if his grandmother was wide open under the basket.

 

His assists should go up though with better shooting and improved players this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.