scienze

Josh Jackson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 10/23/2018 at 6:44 PM, COBBLEPOT said:

Trash player, will only put up big numbers on bad teams!

On 10/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, COBBLEPOT said:

Ariza is getting older and Suns will commit to Josh Jackson by January-February

This guy is ranked outside of the Top 4 0 0 in per game value.

I hope anyone that was foolish enough to draft his guy was intelligent enough to have dropped him long ago.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

This guy is ranked outside of the Top 4 0 0 in per game value.

I hope anyone that was foolish enough to draft his guy was intelligent enough to have dropped him long ago.

yea josh jackson is terrible right now, like i said

but if he does what he did second half of last season, then he will be a hot add post ASB 

He's tough to own right now but I am heavily invested in a dynasty and so I need to ride this s--- out. I don't know what the f--- is wrong with the guy's shot.

49 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He's tough to own right now but I am heavily invested in a dynasty and so I need to ride this s--- out. I don't know what the f--- is wrong with the guy's shot.

How heavily, i'm in the same position in dynasty extremely close to moving on. 

17 hours ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

How heavily, i'm in the same position in dynasty extremely close to moving on. 

I'm saddled with him for years and flipped a mid-late round player plus a draft pick to acquire the pick used to draft him. It's been one of my few misses and so I can ride out the storm. He has elite defender potential and my hope is that keeps him on the floor long enough to work out his offense. 

Edited by Spyplane

18 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I just think it takes talent to throw out 8 TO's in a game.

It takes a lack of discipline. He needs to be bench for a game or two. It might serve as a good wake up call.

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

It takes a lack of discipline. He needs to be bench for a game or two. It might serve as a good wake up call.

I know but with all these talented forwards and Devon Booker being the starter SG, what if someone else takes his wake up call?

Honestly, if I was in re-draft I'd be moving on. Mikal Bridges looks like a better option in that crowded Suns court.

3 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Mikal is starting and there's a huge log jam. Check back in 2019/20

Booo I was so high on this guy coming into the season smh. At least I grabbed Warren off the waivers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I recently made the tough call to drop JJ in favor of similarly frustrating Jonathan Isaac. 

I think his current numbers will keep people away but I’ll be watching like a hawk for the inevitable “let the kids play” uptick - when hopefully we’ll get what we saw last year post-ASB. 

1 hour ago, Mfbenoit said:

Is JJ a buy low in dynasty leagues?

I don't think so. He has massive flaws to his game. The kind of flaws that don't easily get fixed. Like learning how to shoot and when to shoot.  

• Sad 1

Starting to come on lately.  Spec pickup or keep watching to see if continues trending up?  Def has tons of upside.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kane said:

this dude shot selection is just terrible

This. He plays hard, but his IQ and shot discipline is up there as one of the worst I've ever seen. 

17 minutes ago, tremixt said:

This. He plays hard, but his IQ and shot discipline is up there as one of the worst I've ever seen. 

And he doesn't stop. It is one thing if he was a shooter that could break a slump, but he basically lives in a slump. Even on drives he just gets blocked easily. But then he does something super athletic and you get sucked back in. I have been thinking about this for about a week now, but I think a Jackson for Isaac trade makes sense for both teams. JJ can be the 4th option on offense and focus on defense and playing the 3 for the magic. Isaac can play the four and become a third option for the Suns. 

20 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

And he doesn't stop. It is one thing if he was a shooter that could break a slump, but he basically lives in a slump. Even on drives he just gets blocked easily. But then he does something super athletic and you get sucked back in. I have been thinking about this for about a week now, but I think a Jackson for Isaac trade makes sense for both teams. JJ can be the 4th option on offense and focus on defense and playing the 3 for the magic. Isaac can play the four and become a third option for the Suns. 

Zero chance orlando would do such a dumb trade 

8 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Zero chance orlando would do such a dumb trade 

They have done worse was my thinking. I guess I was thinking they invested in Gordon and that blocks Isaac from his natural position. They basically decided Gordon over Isaac. Good to get a perspective on how bad JJ actually is and now I can move on from this thought... Thanks