scienze

Josh Jackson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, pyro7 said:

how did he get more shots than ayton?

Try and watch a game. You can see ayton thinking on the court. He isn't playing free yet and that is normal for a rookie. He passes up a lot of shots that are open and in rhythm because maybe they are early in the shot clock or he just is overthinking. Not to sound like a jerk, but JJ doesn't have a brain that gets in his way. He just plays on offense and that isn't a good thing. 

2 hours ago, thezing1 said:

They have done worse was my thinking. I guess I was thinking they invested in Gordon and that blocks Isaac from his natural position. They basically decided Gordon over Isaac. Good to get a perspective on how bad JJ actually is and now I can move on from this thought... Thanks

You must not realize how atrocious of a player Jackson is lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

You must not realize how atrocious of a player Jackson is lol

Oh. I definitely do. Painful to watch live 95% of the time. But he flashes one play a game where you just wonder what he could be with a more mature basketball mind controlling his body. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

You guys picking him up after Booker’s injury? Would you drop SGA in a 12 team league?

You can pick up Josh Jackson but please don't drop SGA for him. Please don't....

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nate1213 said:

Booker does not have a timetable for his return. Is he a pick-up in a 10 team points league?

Booker is probably looking at a few weeks. The injury didn't look awful. He is young. But he will take his sweet time. JJ is an option for the near term and if Ariza gets dealt he has to play more minutes. If you have team specific questions you need to post those in the Assistant Coach forum. 

I gotta think that Booker is going to take his time with the hammy and the 5 other injuries he has. I’d put him at 3-4 weeks out. Maybe he gives the coaching staff a reason to get 25-30 minutes a game. On a tanking team, JJ really puts up some solid numbers, especially defensively.

10 hours ago, Nate1213 said:

Booker does not have a timetable for his return. Is he a pick-up in a 10 team points league?

He’s a pickup in 12 team leagues, IMHO. Not 10 team leagues.

Took a flier and dropped Demarre Carroll. Hopefully he heats up with Devin Booker looking like he will miss 1-2 weeks but im not expecting more than 12ppg with horrible shooting %

I had him at the end of last year and he helped me win a championship. He has the game to turn it around. Check his game log end of last year. The FG% will always be low but he can fill up the stat sheet when he’s rolling. 

24 minutes ago, sham242 said:

I had him at the end of last year and he helped me win a championship. He has the game to turn it around. Check his game log end of last year. The FG% will always be low but he can fill up the stat sheet when he’s rolling. 

His run to end the season last year is the only reason why I'm even considering this guy smh. Thinking about dropping Kyle Anderson for either Jackson or Ariza even possibly. But Jackson has burned me too much this season already...

2 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

His run to end the season last year is the only reason why I'm even considering this guy smh. Thinking about dropping Kyle Anderson for either Jackson or Ariza even possibly. But Jackson has burned me too much this season already...

Interesting cause I just dropped Kyle Anderson in my 12 teamer if that helps anybody figure out a move they want to make.  Maybe his confidence was shot after losing the starting gig this season but he's still very young and can continue to grow.  The optimist in me says this is a good chance to break out.  The pessimist says his shooting is going to keep him off the floor.

4 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Interesting cause I just dropped Kyle Anderson in my 12 teamer if that helps anybody figure out a move they want to make.  Maybe his confidence was shot after losing the starting gig this season but he's still very young and can continue to grow.  The optimist in me says this is a good chance to break out.  The pessimist says his shooting is going to keep him off the floor.

Yup. The amount of room he has to grow is what's so damn appealing. I think I'm going to just take another shot at JJ for Anderson. Maybe drop for Ariza if he duds it up.

If this blows up in my face I hope you are able to sleep well at night knowing the damage you've done to a complete internet stranger's team!!!! ;)

The kid has insane talent but the game has not slowed down for him yet. Who do you see as a relative comp for him 2-3 years down the line? He could be a hell of a defender if he puts his mind to it

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

Yup. The amount of room he has to grow is what's so damn appealing. I think I'm going to just take another shot at JJ for Anderson. Maybe drop for Ariza if he duds it up.

If this blows up in my face I hope you are able to sleep well at night knowing the damage you've done to a complete internet stranger's team!!!! ;)

The kid has insane talent but the game has not slowed down for him yet. Who do you see as a relative comp for him 2-3 years down the line? He could be a hell of a defender if he puts his mind to it

If everything pans out a faster more athletic jimmy butler, that shot needs a lot of work but apart from that, he's got all the tools some players just take a little longer to establish themselves. Could be in for a hell of a ride with the Suns tanking post all star JJ will be gobbling up 35mins a night

• Like 1