Sign in to follow this  
Scott3705

Exploiting draft capital bias

I got frustrated today trying to move some people.  Tried to improve wr in one standard league where i have 4 of the top 12 rbs. Focused on guys like allen and diggs on teams running frank gore and duke johnson at rb, offering hyde and golladay at one point for diggs which was just ridiculously too much and was still turned down.  Randomly asked the jordan howard owner if he would move howard for hyde (no intention of doing it) and was told no.  All just got me thinking that i need to keep focusing on low draft capital trade targets.  Wondering who has good ideas of guys way outperforming their adp and still not being given the worth they deserve.  Guys consistently ranked in top 24 each week now.

Rbs. Hyde, michel, kjohnson, white

Wr thielen?(still see ridiculous trades for him here), golladay, boyd, robert woods, cupp, ridley, john brown(still benched in 2 of my 3 leagues).

You've named a lot of the guys right here: anyone who is effective in an unsexy way. Golladay's buy low window is closing fast -- dude is just too impressive. Thielen doesn't get the respect he deserves. Boyd for sure. All the rams receivers. I think Landry and Tate sometimes, though that's changing. Tyler Lockett. I'd say K Johnson and J White, Buck Allen (he sucks but he scores points), Chris Carson, maybe Aaron Jones. Jared Cook.

21 minutes ago, Scott3705 said:

I got frustrated today trying to move some people.  Tried to improve wr in one standard league where i have 4 of the top 12 rbs. Focused on guys like allen and diggs on teams running frank gore and duke johnson at rb, offering hyde and golladay at one point for diggs which was just ridiculously too much and was still turned down.  Randomly asked the jordan howard owner if he would move howard for hyde (no intention of doing it) and was told no.  All just got me thinking that i need to keep focusing on low draft capital trade targets.  Wondering who has good ideas of guys way outperforming their adp and still not being given the worth they deserve.  Guys consistently ranked in top 24 each week now.

Rbs. Hyde, michel, kjohnson, white

Wr thielen?(still see ridiculous trades for him here), golladay, boyd, robert woods, cupp, ridley, john brown(still benched in 2 of my 3 leagues).

I think you are overvaluing Carlos Hyde.

14 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I think you are overvaluing Carlos Hyde.

Thats exactly what i am saying.  You need to exploit this thought.  Carlos hyde is averaging 20 touches a game, close to 100yds a game and a td a game, yet there is this idea that he was a 5th round pick so he isnt a top 10 fantasy producer at the position even though guys like freeman,collins, drake, howard, etc have been absolutely terrible.  Carlos hyde in a redraft right now in standard should be a 2nd round pick. (Yes, i am aware of nick chubb, but if he was a thing, he would be getting more than 3 touches a game.  Guys that are going to take over are in the 8 to 12 range. But this isnt a post about carlos hyde)

11 hours ago, Scott3705 said:

Thats exactly what i am saying.  You need to exploit this thought.  Carlos hyde is averaging 20 touches a game, close to 100yds a game and a td a game, yet there is this idea that he was a 5th round pick so he isnt a top 10 fantasy producer at the position even though guys like freeman,collins, drake, howard, etc have been absolutely terrible.  Carlos hyde in a redraft right now in standard should be a 2nd round pick. (Yes, i am aware of nick chubb, but if he was a thing, he would be getting more than 3 touches a game.  Guys that are going to take over are in the 8 to 12 range. But this isnt a post about carlos hyde)

You just verified that you are overvaluing Hyde.

23 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

You just verified that you are overvaluing Hyde.

Didn't mean to make this a hyde post, but based on what?  Hyde is RB 10 in standard with James Connor (who takes a big shot in 2 weeks) and the crow (who basically has his production on 3 runs) in front of him.  So call it RB8 through 1/3 of the season.  RB 8 was off the board at the back of the first round. If you want to say you'd still rather have DJ, Mixon, CMC,Ingram over him which are all valid, that still only pushes him to RB12ish.  RB 12 was drafted at the back of the second round.  

12 minutes ago, Scott3705 said:

Didn't mean to make this a hyde post, but based on what?  Hyde is RB 10 in standard with James Connor (who takes a big shot in 2 weeks) and the crow (who basically has his production on 3 runs) in front of him.  So call it RB8 through 1/3 of the season.  RB 8 was off the board at the back of the first round. If you want to say you'd still rather have DJ, Mixon, CMC,Ingram over him which are all valid, that still only pushes him to RB12ish.  RB 12 was drafted at the back of the second round.  

You said Hyde/Golladay for Diggs is 'ridiculousely too much'. 

That is a pretty fair trade.

And I'm sure you can find lots of people that prefer Howard over Hyde.

11 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

You said Hyde/Golladay for Diggs is 'ridiculousely too much'. 

That is a pretty fair trade.

And I'm sure you can find lots of people that prefer Howard over Hyde.

In standard, I think it is (particularly because this owner was left running Duke Johnson at rb.)    And I agree a lot of people prefer Howard over Hyde.  Again, that was my point which I brought up because I'm trying to see if anyone else has idea of guys that the draft capital continues to skew people's perception of value bother over and under.  If you could trade Jordan Howard for Carlos hyde and a piece, that is amazing value. 

Outside of Michel, I think you're overvaluing your RBs. Chubb's quasi-emergence aside, Hyde has been inefficient and there's no way he keeps up his current TD rate. For whatever reason, Patricia seems satisfied with continuing to split carries between KJ and Blount (with the latter getting the goal line touches). And with Edelman back, Gordon becoming better acquainted with the system  and Gronk getting healthy/due for a TD streak, White is bound to come back to earth.

ROS, I think the top 12 RBs in a standard league (not necessarily in order) are Gurley, Gordon, Zeke, Kamara, Barkley, Mixon, Hunt, DJ, CMC, Ingram, Michel and Bell, despite all his uncertainty. After that, there's a pack of about 15 guys that are all in the same tier, with upside but big red flags. With respect to Howard for Hyde and a piece, it would completely depend on the piece. But I definitely wouldn't trade Howard for Hyde straight up/with a throwaway player. 

22 minutes ago, Scott3705 said:

In standard, I think it is (particularly because this owner was left running Duke Johnson at rb.)    And I agree a lot of people prefer Howard over Hyde.  Again, that was my point which I brought up because I'm trying to see if anyone else has idea of guys that the draft capital continues to skew people's perception of value bother over and under.  If you could trade Jordan Howard for Carlos hyde and a piece, that is amazing value. 

To YOU it is. To lots of people it is crap value.

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

To YOU it is. To lots of people it is crap value.

I get that.  And to be fair to me, that's my point.  

12 minutes ago, jwk1325 said:

Outside of Michel, I think you're overvaluing your RBs. Chubb's quasi-emergence aside, Hyde has been inefficient and there's no way he keeps up his current TD rate. For whatever reason, Patricia seems satisfied with continuing to split carries between KJ and Blount (with the latter getting the goal line touches). And with Edelman back, Gordon becoming better acquainted with the system  and Gronk getting healthy/due for a TD streak, White is bound to come back to earth.

ROS, I think the top 12 RBs in a standard league (not necessarily in order) are Gurley, Gordon, Zeke, Kamara, Barkley, Mixon, Hunt, DJ, CMC, Ingram, Michel and Bell, despite all his uncertainty. After that, there's a pack of about 15 guys that are all in the same tier, with upside but big red flags. With respect to Howard for Hyde and a piece, it would completely depend on the piece. But I definitely wouldn't trade Howard for Hyde straight up/with a throwaway player. 

Yea, I couldn't put bell in there but I get it. 

Point of the thread was derailed I guess.  Really just looking to see if I can find another Carlos hyde.

1 hour ago, Scott3705 said:

Well if you think so highly of Hyde and think he will continue to be a top 12 RB then why not trade the guy your starting ?? That has the bigger name. Because you like everybody else knows his production is unsustainable and are trying to sell at his peak value.

Edited by youngrice

7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Why try to dump Hyde if you are so high on him?

I have him in 3 leagues at this point.  I drafted him in one league and traded for him in 2.  Ironically, the one league I drafted him is the only league that I am trying to move him.  I have MGordon, Michel, Fournette/Yeldon in the flex so it continuously feels weird to have an RB1 on the bench (whether its Yeldon or Hyde).  Been trying to move him with a (Baldwin/Davis/Golladay/Boyd) to RB needy teams for a top end WR option.  I wouldn't be trying to move him if I was leaner at RB.