jonance

When can we start the 2019 Outlooks?

Hoping to be very involved on the board this year as this was my 2018 "go to" for pickups and I won both leagues.  Would like to offer some payback help.  Wasn't sure if there was some etiquette as to when we can start discussing players for 2019 outlooks.

• Like 1

After the World Series. Until then, use the 2018 threads. 

On 10/11/2018 at 2:59 AM, tonycpsu said:

After the World Series. Until then, use the 2018 threads. 

the second the last out happens, you best be sure I start that Gausman thread

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

the second the last out happens, you best be sure I start that Gausman thread

Actually last year they were already going as an example Harper's 2018 Outlook began on October 4 and the Brock Gausman post began on October 7th...

14 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Actually last year they were already going as an example Harper's 2018 Outlook began on October 4 and the Brock Gausman post began on October 7th...

That was last year.  There are still discussions going on in the 2018 threads, particularly for the players from playoff teams.  The end of the postseason is the true beginning of the 2018-2019 offseason, and is therefore a good natural place to kick off the 2019 threads.

Plus we didn't have my player thread indexing script last season, and it needs to know whether to index the 2018 threads or 2019 threads.

The second part makes sense, the "offseason" not as much as trades have already started happening - see Barraclough.   

1 hour ago, parrothead said:

The second part makes sense, the "offseason" not as much as trades have already started happening - see Barraclough.   

Well, we generally don't do individual threads for middle relivers around here, but even if this were the kind of player who had a 2018 thread, it would be the exception that proves the rule.  Whatever cutoff date we pick is going to have some relevant activity for some subset of players occur in the "old" thread and some other relevant activity occur in the "new" thread.  Switching over after the postseason allows any relevant information from the postseason to be incorporated at the outset of the player's thread.

The 2018 Middle Relievers thread is a fine place to talk about Barraclough for now.