squidthunder

Trade Lillard for McCollum? - WHIR

Hi fellas

Currently in a 10-team ESPN, H2H 9-cat league. We keep 4 guys for a max of 2 years. I got a solid set of keepers but I lack draft picks this year due to deals last year I made to win the title.

So, the CJ owner offered me the following deal: CJ + 2nd round pick(#8) for Lillard and my 3rd round pick(#9). 

I currently don't own any picks in the 1st or 2nd round,  so the added pick helps. As well, this is my last year with Lillard with keeper rules. My keepers are below with years left in brackets:

Giannis (2)

Oladipo (2)

Jrue (2)

Lillard (1)

Thanks

1 hour ago, nupshah said:

I would go for it. You are getting a 2nd round pick for your 3rd, plus CJ and Lillard are similar players.

The thing with me is knowing if it's worth make the deal and get back to the draft in a better spot

Lillard is a stud. CJ is good but he simply isn't on that level. Sure, gaining a round on the pick is nice but it clearly hurts your chances to win this year. Hold.

4 hours ago, nupshah said:

I would go for it. You are getting a 2nd round pick for your 3rd, plus CJ and Lillard are similar players.

Not really. 

• Like 2

If you think you can compete, then I make the deal WITHOUT giving up another pick. Dame and Lillard are not that close, especially in a H2H league. I rather have Dame though.

13 hours ago, HK-47 said:

Lillard is a stud. CJ is good but he simply isn't on that level. Sure, gaining a round on the pick is nice but it clearly hurts your chances to win this year. Hold.

Keep Lillard or make it a first round pick then it’s worth considering 

There is a gap between Lillard and McCollum and a swap of 2nd Round and 3rd Round redraft picks just isn't enough to cover it. You deserve more than just that minor upgrade when you give up a guy like Lillard. I'd ask for a 1st Round pick as well as another Top 50-75 player.

So, the CJ owner said he won't give up his 1st round pick in a deal, but he's made an improvement to the original offer:

CJ + 2nd round pick (#58) + 3rd round pick (#63) for Lillard  + 12th rounder (#117) + 13th rounder (#129)

As I mentioned earlier, I'm lacking some picks, and this would allow me to get some better options (currently my first pick would be 3rd rounder (#69).

10 hours ago, bkw77 said:

Keep Lillard or make it a first round pick then it’s worth considering 

I agree you should shoot for a first rounder...the second and third for a

12/13 is better, but maybe put a message out to the league asking for a first rounder? That might make this guy give up a first...thx for the help!

With the deal, of course I lose Lillard, but I would be getting a solid replacement in CJ (not the same, but still solid)

and I would go from having pick #69  = to having 58, 63, 69 (and I also own #72......but don't pick again till #92)

I feel with the updated offer, I got to pull the trigger. Any more thoughts? Appreciate all the assistance so far