superjew

Kent Bazemore 2018-2019 Season Outlook

My man Kent is criminally undervalued.  I got this gem off of the waiver wire in one of my leagues this year.  And he's getting no love on the forum.

First off, who doesn't need what is basically a 1/1/1 guy?  Especially since he's more like a 1.5/1.5/1 guy.  If you can swallow his FG% (which a correctly constructed team can), he's absolute gold.  Keep in mind he did this last year with only 27.5 minutes a game.  Can you imagine this cat if he gets 30+ minutes a game?  15/4/4/1/1/1.  Basically Gordon Hayward.

If he's on your wire, run, don't walk!

• Like 2

I think the improvements this team made can help him, but I also believe his better statistical games with Atlanta are behind him. Young is going to hurt his usage and the continued emergence of Prince and Collins won’t help either. He’s definitely underrated in fantasy, but not a shoe-in for his past numbers IMO

5 minutes ago, aaarce07 said:

I think the improvements this team made can help him, but I also believe his better statistical games with Atlanta are behind him. Young is going to hurt his usage and the continued emergence of Prince and Collins won’t help either. He’s definitely underrated in fantasy, but not a shoe-in for his past numbers IMO

Young hurting his usage isn't a bad thing... it could mean better shot selection, better creation opportunities as a secondary creator and doesn't affect his defensive contributions. Also, no shortage of usage to go around in the ATL. 

To me the big question is his 3pt % - 39.4% last year (career high) and whether or not he gets traded and when

22 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Young hurting his usage isn't a bad thing... it could mean better shot selection, better creation opportunities as a secondary creator and doesn't affect his defensive contributions. Also, no shortage of usage to go around in the ATL. 

To me the big question is his 3pt % - 39.4% last year (career high) and whether or not he gets traded and when

He has a player option next year, so he's not exactly an expiring contract.  I doubt anyone would want his current contract, so I don't think he'll be traded.  He's a warm body on a team with sparse talent.  They might as well play him.

• Thanks 1

Love guards who give at least 1 block a game. If his usage rate increase this year, then we might see a sneaky 1/1/1 at the wing position. He can also produce 4 rebs and assist per game which is basically a cheaper Nicolas Batum. There is no legitimate threat for him on the depth chart.

Edited by StickerHappy

I'm afraid he might be a trade candidate to boost the depth on a contending team later in the year, but he's as solid as they come as a late-round guy who has top 75 value. Made sure to remember and snag him up during drafts.

Absolutely move tonight's match-up with the Knicks.  Their defense is a sieve, and should showcase all of Bazemore's offensive arsenal.  I think we'll have a big line tonight, boys!  Lots of people have been touting Caris Levert, but Bazemore is the true top 50 gem at the end of your drafts.

Who's his SF counterpart against NY tonight?  Ntilkina?

I'm expecting him to have a feast on both ends of the floor. 

3 minutes ago, gill2k said:

Who's his SF counterpart against NY tonight?  Ntilkina?

I'm expecting him to have a feast on both ends of the floor. 

Yup, Ntilkina starting at SF!  LOL

Gonna be epic.

Actually, Bazemore is playing SG, prince at SF.  He'll be up against the lockdown defense of Tim Hardaway Jr.  Still case to celebrate. 

Just now, superjew said:

Yup, Ntilkina starting at SF!  LOL

Gonna be epic.

Isn't Baze the SG matching up against THJ? It might be easier to go against THJ then Frank Nitty. 

Trae/Baze/Prince/Carter/Len

Oh right... forgot about Prince!

In any case... it's against the Knicks.  Would love to have big stocks from Baze tonight.

11 minutes ago, superjew said:

Already 1/1/1 at the half. I’m happy. His shot will fall sooner or later.

I’ve been waiting 3 years for his shot to fall.... don’t know why I keep drafting him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WadeW said:

I’ve been waiting 3 years for his shot to fall.... don’t know why I keep drafting him 

Wait no longer my man. 50% from the field, 2 3’s 2 steals and a block, plus 30 minutes tonight.

time to blaze more for Bazemore!

• Like 1

Anyone watch the game tonight to explain the subpar line?

He had 5 fouls at the beginning of the 4th.  He also wasn't taking shots when he was playing, it was pretty much the Trae and Taurean show the whole game for the Hawks.

Validation my friends! All praise the baze god! 1/1/1 monster. This year it’s looking like 2/1.5/1!

Pat yourselves on the back for being believers! Best fantasy move you made this year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, superjew said:

Validation my friends! All praise the baze god! 1/1/1 monster. This year it’s looking like 2/1.5/1!

Pat yourselves on the back for being believers! Best fantasy move you made this year!

You should rename your forum nick to Bazegod!     :D

• Haha 1