superjew

Kent Bazemore 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Has Baze played his last game as a Hawk?

Conspiracy theorists are wondering.

• Haha 1

Out at least 2 weeks.  Still doesn't get an INJ tag in Yahoo.  They did the same thing to Gary Harris IIRC.  

And that's a damn shame.  Baze was killin' it.

16 minutes ago, litigator said:

The question now is hold or drop.

4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Top 50 player in 9 cat, have to hold

This is the million dollar question. If Bazemore stays with the Hawks , hes definitely a shutdown candidate when Atlanta goes tank/youth movement. & Prince should be back very soon. Our best bet is he gets traded before Feb deadline. A number of contenders could use his skill set, I’m hoping the Rockets pull the trigger. He would get all the minutes he could handle, and in that offense should spell fantasy gold.  Only his contract which is at $19 mill is a hard pill to swallow. So we shall see what happens I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm guessing he will stay a Hawk due to his contract and player option.  Hopefully they don't totally tank every game like some teams were doing, holding out their vets for no reason at all (looking at you Memphis).  They do have Trae Young who is doing a ton of damage himself anyway.  He should learn to play with Vets instead of clueless youngsters, so I think there is still some possibility there for his PT.  Prince just isn't that great a ball player yet, and Collins is probably their best young big and player overall.  I think Baze is a close second.  

Hold or drop depends on so many variables: your league size, what's on the waiver wire, your depth, your position in the standings, your read of your leaguemates, etc

AC Time

atlantic-city-jpg-8849170d34b87b83.jpg

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 1

Can’t get a break. The same night Wall announced he’s going to have surgery, Bazemore fell and Dedmon’s out! Scooped Payton as Wall’s replacement. And luckily, Millsap’s back early (got him also from WW). Not sure if I should drop Bazemore with Justin Holiday and lots of good players still in our WW. 

He got dropped in my 20 teamer and I'm mos def putting in a waiver claim. Players like that at the end of your squad are golden.

Should I drop him and pick up another waiver? Taurean Prince should be able to return next week.

When Bazemore is back, he is not gonna keep his top 100 value and starting job. 

With all the injuries in my team, I would rather drop him and pick up another quality waiver.

What do yall thinkk?

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

Should I drop him and pick up another waiver? Taurean Prince should be able to return next week.

With all the injuries in my team, I would rather drop him and pick up another quality waiver.

What do yall thinkk?

Go for it bro, I already dropped him last week, and you basically answered all your own questions. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Go for it bro, I already dropped him last week, and you basically answered all your own questions. 

Dude, just dropped this a** and pick up Jeremy Lin for back to back game and extra streaming spot. I don't think I will regret. 

Edited by csklmf

8 hours ago, csklmf said:

What do yall thinkk?

I think he'll still start, considering he started while Prince was healthy.  He just won't get the same usage/minutes.  It depends on who is available and what you need for your build.  

There's a good chance that Bazemore will get traded at some point in the season...And if he winds up in a place like HOU, it could be a decent spot for him.

If you're in a 14-teamer or more, it's hard to drop this guy, as he's was putting up Top-60 value this season in 9-Cat leagues.

• Thanks 1

He was a machine before the injury, averaging around 2 3PTM, a steal and a block, and you don't find many players who can do that. I'll stick to him and see how things pan out, but I'll also make him available because he's a good trade material, in real life and fantasy.

• Like 1

I do see Houston brought up a lot in terms of a trade. How viable is this as an option? if it's an ideal spot, this may be prime buy low time for him.

45 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

I do see Houston brought up a lot in terms of a trade. How viable is this as an option? if it's an ideal spot, this may be prime buy low time for him.

Depends what Houston offers, but it would fill a missing piece for them, upgrade over Ennis. Either way Baze only needs 22-25 min to produce. Not many players can avg 2 threes and 1.5-2 stocks