superjew

Kent Bazemore 2018-2019 Season Outlook

15 hours ago, CORTEz said:

There's a good chance that Bazemore will get traded at some point in the season...And if he winds up in a place like HOU, it could be a decent spot for him.

If you're in a 14-teamer or more, it's hard to drop this guy, as he's was putting up Top-60 value this season in 9-Cat leagues.

14 hours ago, Mad Luke said:

He was a machine before the injury, averaging around 2 3PTM, a steal and a block, and you don't find many players who can do that. I'll stick to him and see how things pan out, but I'll also make him available because he's a good trade material, in real life and fantasy.

46 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Depends what Houston offers, but it would fill a missing piece for them, upgrade over Ennis. Either way Baze only needs 22-25 min to produce. Not many players can avg 2 threes and 1.5-2 stocks

Keep in mind guys, he started really going off when Prince got injured. It will not be the same situation once he is back on the court. Atlanta will definitely reduce his minutes and/or shut him down for ROS, just like last year. And Prince is due back next week, supposedly. They will go full on youth movement sooner rather then later. As of right now Bazemore is not a must hold in my eyes. A trade will be a big plus for Kent B. owners, especially if he lands in Houston. 

7 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Keep in mind guys, he started really going off when Prince got injured. It will not be the same situation once he is back on the court. Atlanta will definitely reduce his minutes and/or shut him down for ROS, just like last year. And Prince is due back next week, supposedly. They will go full on youth movement sooner rather then later. As of right now Bazemore is not a must hold in my eyes. A trade will be a big plus for Kent B. owners, especially if he lands in Houston. 

Its gonna depend on league size, in 12+ not gonna find much better options, again in 9 cat all I need from baze is 1.5-2 threes with some stocks sprinkled in everything else is a bonus.

Kent Bazemore (ankle) still has not been cleared for contact work and he remains without an official timetable to return.
Bazemore has been out for two weeks now, but with him still not taking contact, we can assume he's still not close. The 13-30 Hawks will take their time in bringing back the 29-year-old swingman, and those struggling in the standings in leagues that don't offer an IR-spot may need to consider moving on. Kevin Huerter and DeAndre Bembry will continue to pick up the slack in his absence.

Not surprising that ATL are taking their time with Baze. I'm going to give it until the trade deadline in early Feb for him to either get back on the court or traded. If neither eventuate then I'll drop.

resume practice,seems he can return soon

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Status note: Kent Bazemore (ankle) expected to miss a couple more weeks.

11 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Smoke and mirrors for a trade?

Wouldn’t shock me.

We’re only 2 wks away from the trade deadline. Why have him come back now for no reason and possibly risk anything. 

I'm holding to see how the trade deadline shakes out. ATL being cautious with him I think. If he does get traded then his value might be eroded by the tank and the emergence of young players such as Huerter and Bembry.

25 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

with another two weeks to go now.... we still holding?

Other than the rockets, what are other good landing spots?

Kings (instead of shump), Dallas, Memphis?

16 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Other than the rockets, what are other good landing spots?

Kings (instead of shump), Dallas, Memphis?

Rockets would be ideal. Potential for 30+ minutes playing that Ariza role from last season. They're just so short-handed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

with another two weeks to go now.... we still holding?

I have him in a 14 Team and I’m holding, nothing even close to his potential in FA.  I’m hoping for a trade to a team that will use his services.  If he isn’t moved by the deadline I may drop as Atlanta might bury him 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kawz said:

I have him in a 14 Team and I’m holding, nothing even close to his potential in FA.  I’m hoping for a trade to a team that will use his services.  If he isn’t moved by the deadline I may drop as Atlanta might bury him 

Smart man, if he stays in ATL guaranteed shutdown

• Like 1

Teams I'm hearing a lot of hypotheticals on in terms of Kent Bazemore trades are POR, NOP, and maybe Utah.

Portland makes the most sense to me, as they've been without a decent SF for a while now. I think we know by now that Aminu and Harkless aren't the answer. Bazemore would provide POR with a starting SF who can play 30-34 MPG, can play defense, and can actually handle the ball. He's a great cutter and "out on the break" runner and to me, he just makes too much sense...There's a great chance that POR ends up becoming buyers at the deadline, and both Aminu and Harkless aren't players who can step up and score between 12-15 PPG consistently. I like Aminu as a bench defender that possibly helps close out games at the 4, but it feels like the Harkless experiment just isn't working.

What does POR have to give up?

Well, it feels like the EASY deal is to give up their late 1st Round Draft Pick + an expiring contract. Maybe we see Seth Curry or Aminu go out the door with the late 1st rounder.

Another scenario involves some of their smaller pieces. Maybe POR leans over the edge a little more and dangles out someone like Zach Collins, who would fit nicely with ATL considering they have Dedmon and Alex Len as their "future" at the C position.

Either way, I would say that if Baze is dealt, which I'm hoping comes soon, he'll likely be dealt to POR or NOP...I don't think Utah has it in them to make a move like that.

10 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Teams I'm hearing a lot of hypotheticals on in terms of Kent Bazemore trades are POR, NOP, and maybe Utah.

Portland makes the most sense to me, as they've been without a decent SF for a while now. I think we know by now that Aminu and Harkless aren't the answer. Bazemore would provide POR with a starting SF who can play 30-34 MPG, can play defense, and can actually handle the ball. He's a great cutter and "out on the break" runner and to me, he just makes too much sense...There's a great chance that POR ends up becoming buyers at the deadline, and both Aminu and Harkless aren't players who can step up and score between 12-15 PPG consistently. I like Aminu as a bench defender that possibly helps close out games at the 4, but it feels like the Harkless experiment just isn't working.

Well, it feels like the EASY deal is to give up their late 1st Round Draft Pick + an expiring contract. Maybe we see Seth Curry or Aminu go out the door with the late 1st rounder.

Another scenario involves some of their smaller pieces. Maybe POR leans over the edge a little more and dangles out someone like Zach Collins, who would fit nicely with ATL considering they have Dedmon and Alex Len as their "future" at the C position.

Either way, I would say that if Baze is dealt, which I'm hoping comes soon, he'll likely be dealt to POR or NOP...I don't think Utah has it in them to make a move like that.

there was talk Houston were real keen too, but I don't really see what they have to trade. Guess a late s---y 1st and an expiring?

6 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Portland would be awesome the problem is that Baze is due $18m next year and Portland is over the cap. They have 3 big contacts (Dame, CJ and Turner), 2 middle ones (Nurk, Leonard) and then cheaper ones. Unless they move Nurk, I'm not sure how they make it work. Especially considering picks count as $0 towards salary matching on a trade. The Evan Turner contract is pretty bad.

On 1/27/2019 at 1:22 PM, Chuck3222 said:

So it sounds wisest to hold for now...? Patience is the hardest thing lol!!! 

Can't believe he's been out for over a month (14 games) already but seems like he may finally be returning. 

How do we expect the rotation to shakedown w/ Baze back in there? Huerter (30 mins) and Prince (30 mins) are healthy again  and Bembry (28 mins) is getting run as well.

How are we feeling about the odds that he gets traded? I have to admit i'm very unsure about how much activity we'll actually see at the trade deadline vs the off-season and the size of his contract for next year makes him a bit harder to move. 

What about Detroit, Sac or even Minnesota as potential destinations that haven't been discussed much? they also may try to make the playoffs and could use a solid 2-way sg/sf

12 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Can't believe he's been out for over a month (14 games) already but seems like he may finally be returning. 

How do we expect the rotation to shakedown w/ Baze back in there? Huerter (30 mins) and Prince (30 mins) are healthy again  and Bembry (28 mins) is getting run as well.

How are we feeling about the odds that he gets traded? I have to admit i'm very unsure about how much activity we'll actually see at the trade deadline vs the off-season and the size of his contract for next year makes him a bit harder to move. 

What about Detroit, Sac or even Minnesota as potential destinations that haven't been discussed much? they also may try to make the playoffs and could use a solid 2-way sg/sf

Always hard to say with veterans on teams with a bunch of young players they want to play as much as possible. I think the ideal scenario for Bazemore's value is a trade to a team like Houston/New Orleans, but the odds of that happening are hampered by the fact he has a $19.3 million player option on his contract for next season. If the trade deadline passes and he is still in Atlanta he will most likely see minutes in the mid-20s in my opinion, could give him borderline standard league value but will be a case of waiting and seeing.

He is a great stash before the trade deadline. The Hawks will be having a lot of moving pieces in about a week. Lin, Dedmon, Prince, and Bazemore himself are all on the trade block. 

If he gets traded anywhere with that hefty contract, we can assume he will be getting a lot of run. I salivate at the thought of him in Houston under MDA system...

If he isnt traded: but Lin or Prince gets moved, this also gd, means he can secure mins in the mid-late 20s which is what he was averaging so far this season.

He’s back... finally! 20 min time limit tonight though so probably benching him. 

On 1/29/2019 at 8:43 AM, IDatDude said:

He is a great stash before the trade deadline. The Hawks will be having a lot of moving pieces in about a week. Lin, Dedmon, Prince, and Bazemore himself are all on the trade block. 

If he gets traded anywhere with that hefty contract, we can assume he will be getting a lot of run. I salivate at the thought of him in Houston under MDA system...

If he isnt traded: but Lin or Prince gets moved, this also gd, means he can secure mins in the mid-late 20s which is what he was averaging so far this season.

as long as those stocks stay way up we coo

Really dislike the number of wings on Hawks at the moment for Baze's outlook. It's either a trade or a drop for me.

Bembry, Huerter, Baze and VC is too much for him to produce anything good for fantasy.