superjew

Kent Bazemore 2018-2019 Season Outlook

59 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Really dislike the number of wings on Hawks at the moment for Baze's outlook. It's either a trade or a drop for me.

Bembry, Huerter, Baze and VC is too much for him to produce anything good for fantasy.

He was ranked 86th before the Prince injury and about 20 spots better thereafter. He can certainly produce in 20-25 minutes, it just depends whether the organisation pursues an all out youth movement which reduces his minutes in the tail end of the season. I'm still hoping he gets traded.

1 minute ago, flat_eric said:

He was ranked 86th before the Prince injury and about 20 spots better thereafter. He can certainly produce in 20-25 minutes, it just depends whether the organisation pursues an all out youth movement which reduces his minutes in the tail end of the season. I'm still hoping he gets traded.

1. Ha I totally left out Prince. Messy. Think before he was hurt Huerter wasn't getting any playing time. He certainly can produce but not produce like he did before. Baze was getting heavy run at around 33mins+ before he went down.

20-25 competing vs. 3-4 other wings vs. 33+min as a starter makes a big difference.

Too many wings and not enough minutes. This is always the challenge when a player who was doing pretty well goes down and someone else steps up.

Would be stupid to drop 1 week before the Deadline. I think at least one of Baze/Prince gets traded. 

Edited by Chrizz

Was hoping this guy or Prince would get traded to free up playing time. He’s been playing around 16 min a game since he came back from injury. 

You guys think he will eventually return to the starting lineup or looking more like a drop now?

Time to move on from Baze now he didn't get moved at the deadline?

Stuck behind Huerter and Prince, and splitting minutes with VC and Lin. I don't see much value ROS as it currently stands.

Yeah it’s sad as Baze is always a solid first half of the season guy, but such is life when the team you play for wants to lose.

Yeah I was big on stashing for the trade deadline, but as soon as the Hawks decided to not move anyone I had to cut Baze. Prob won’t be cracking above 20 mins a game with everyone healthy...sucks was hoping he landed somewhere gd :wacko:

Does anybody think his minutes will ramp up soon? Consensus seems to be that ~20 mpg will be what we see ROS.

Edited by LuSamSiam

57 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

Does anybody think his minutes will ramp up soon? Consensus seems to be that ~20 mpg will be what we see ROS.

I hear Lin could be asking for a potential buy out.

I haven’t been watching a lot of Hawk games recently, does Lin back the 2? 

If Lin gets moved could open a bit up for the backcourt situation...I still wouldn’t expect a drastic boost or anything.

I see he got 26 minutes last game. I don't know what the circumstances were though? Any reason to be optimistic that they're ramping him up?

7 hours ago, LuSamSiam said:

I see he got 26 minutes last game. I don't know what the circumstances were though? Any reason to be optimistic that they're ramping him up?

blowout against knicks, none of the starters played more than 27 min

On 2/16/2019 at 11:11 PM, LuSamSiam said:

On Hawks he’s done for. No need to hold unless in 14+ team leagues.

I'd urge caution on rash moves involving the God.  He just came back from injury and is playing low minutes.  As we all know, he is untradable...this season.  Next season he's an expiring deal.

I think we'll see something at the end of the year like we saw with Brook Lopez on the Lakers last year.  They will play Bazemore pretty heavily the last 10 games or so of the season to showcase him for a possible summer move.  I think he could be a nice ace up your sleeve last week or two of the season.

He's sitting on the waivers in my 14T league. I'll probably pick him up after my 2 for 1 trade clears, and I don't see why he wouldn't be able to hover around 20 minutes given full recovery and the break for him to shape up better. That should be enough for him to provide some stocks, hopefully.

Minutes ramped up with the Lin trade and Huerter injury. The bazegod can still produce with just 25mins off the bench. 

• Like 1

Perfect stream for this week with the Hawks having 4 games. Might even be able to hold a decent role down the stretch, too.