superjew

Kent Bazemore 2018-2019 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Do you think that's going to happen?

He could pretty valuable to a team that needs a bit of depth at the wing. If the hawks can turn him into future assets I bet they do

11 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Do you think that's going to happen?

2 hours ago, FreeJordanBell said:

Hopefully hawks don’t try to move him

Try all they might, but no one is going to trade for that $18+million per year contract with multiple years left at a higher rate. Bazeically Kent is going to be Bazed some More time in Hotlanta, which is great for fantasy purposes. 

• Like 2

Houston would be a good spot for Baze.  But yes, at that contract, and for all of us Bazegod believers... please stay in Atlanta.

Edited by gill2k
  • Like 1

I agree in part.  But Houston already has a cheaper version in Tucker.  The real reason for their struggles is an absolutely ****full bench, probably the worst in the league.  They paid very little for Melo but there was the opportunity cost of not getting someone else.  Now with him gone they lost value for nothing.  Probably not contenders without another trade but baze doesn’t move the needle for them irl so they’re ******. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I agree in part.  But Houston already has a cheaper version in Tucker.  The real reason for their struggles is an absolutely ****full bench, probably the worst in the league.  They paid very little for Melo but there was the opportunity cost of not getting someone else.  Now with him gone they lost value for nothing.  Probably not contenders without another trade but baze doesn’t move the needle for them irl so they’re ******. 

Interesting comparison to Tucker. I think Baze would be a huge upgrade over Ennis/Clark. 

Houston’s not touching his 18 million dollar contract. Dude is a Hawk at least for this year. We’ll see next year when he’s an expiring contract.

• Like 1

This was a very mortal looking line from the BazeGod tonight. Where art thou Stocks oh Holy one? Your followers worship whole digits, not zeros.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Dapro said:

Someone tell Bazemore he is allow to shoot the ball!

A couple of thoughts - 

- The rotation went 12 deep tonight which is a bit crazy

- Baze didn't seem very involved  (10th in attempts and no assists).

- Trae is putting up so many shots (22) and dominates the ball...

- The starters (other than Trae) combined for 1 assist

Doesn't seem like a very healthy way to run an offense w/o secondary creators and with a lot of chucking

So much for those visions of 32, 33 minutes a game.

The Hawks head coach (Pierce, I think his name is) is running a deep rotation, so deep that even freaking Vince Carter is still getting run.

I'm not very worried.  The stocks are still there.  His minutes might be down to last year's, which is a bit of a bummer.  But he still put up great value last year.  I'm still expecting him to be top 80.  It's rare to land a guy near the bottom of the draft who will get you over a steal and about a block per game.  He'll get hot again at some point too and have some good games.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dapro said:

Is Bazemore hurt? He doesn't have foul trouble and only 14 mins.

I'm watching the game.  No reports from any of the announcers (Raptors side at least) or Twitter.  Hawks just suck the whole game so I guess their coach wanted to try something different.

Edited by gill2k

28 minutes ago, gill2k said:

I'm watching the game.  No reports from any of the announcers (Raptors side at least) or Twitter.  Hawks just suck the whole game so I guess their coach wanted to try something different.

He seemed to yank all the starters pretty quickly after the start of the 3rd but all went back in with the exception of Baze. Maybe he did something to the coach?

57 minutes ago, chaiway said:

He seemed to yank all the starters pretty quickly after the start of the 3rd but all went back in with the exception of Baze. Maybe he did something to the coach?

His wife? 

• Haha 1

18 games into the season and it seems obvious already that the 18million dollar man is no longer in the hawks plans. He doesn't seem to be happy on the bench every time i see him. Barley gets any minutes or touches recently. Which team can actually trade for this guy at that contract and still hold value? Clearly its not in Atlanta.

Wow!!! Guess he rides the pine til he starts getting minutes again

1 minute ago, gill2k said:

Benched to start the 3rd??? :(

no,he is injury

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, litigator said:

Cut cut cut?

Someone’s being watching The Rainmaker. But I wouldn’t cut just yet.

• Haha 1